What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blending Strains

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Last year I grew a few strains. Glue was by far the most popular. A few airy Swazi made it too. I've mentioned a few times that I'm not big toker by any means. One hitter quitter. The wife is the smoker in the house and her tolerance is pretty high. She's been blending Swazi and Glue for a while and when she sparks up a joint at a concert, like yesterday, our friends are starting to wonder if she's adding other stuff to it because they get blasted. My buddy had to lie down in the grass for a bit. :D

Cigars are well known for their blends. Some serious cigar smokers even roll their own blends.

Does anybody else blend weed? What's your goto?

I'm growing both again this year and may cross them for her, but I doubt I'll get the desired strain.

troutman

Seed Whore
Nothing wrong with blending.

Women tend to mix their drinks too. :laughing:

I like buds and hashish blended the best. :woohoo:

deacon69

Me and my bro blend all the time, we even have mixer strains that add a lot in a blend. Blood orange is a great blender,gelato33 another great one. Once your good at it you can really dial in the high you want or even flavor for that matter.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I like the idea of it, but I never end up being able to perfect it, and I wonder how much placebo effect is going on. That said, I swear there's a synergy there. It feels different, or more compounded, than the "sum" of the two types should feel like. But so far I can't necessarily find a combo that's worth the effort. I'm lazy.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
'Round these parts we call it "making a salad."

I still need to find some high quality CBD flower to include into a salad. I've been hearing a 2:1 ratio THC:CBD is a good place to start for enhancing effects.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Well I made some brownies with PVB. The ride was sort of "fucked up" e.g being pulled in two different directions. I was told to separate my Sat and Ind and use one or the other.

Boocoodinkydow

Blended cannabis strains? Oh hell yeah!! But for oral ingestion only. No no no I don’t smoke it no mo’......... I got stoned from smoking once; it lasted for about ten years! The decade of the 70’s was one continuous high. Did love that Colombian Gold!

Fast forward to 2015 when I rediscovered cannabis while searching for an alternative to the handful of pharmaceuticals the VA so generously doled out for the treatment of PTSD.

I tried smoking it again but it just didn’t come close to the effects I so fondly remembered from days of yore. I have found oral ingestion much more suited to my medicinal needs. I run the buds through my Nova for a good decarb, grind it finely, loosely fill a size 0 gelcap and douse it with MCT oil containing 2% terpene additives (equal ratios of limonene, a-pinene, beta Caryophyllene, myrcene and linalool) and 2% ethanol extracted tincture of Blue Dream.

In search of the utopian state, I’ve been blending 2-3 strains at a time for a while. Recently, for kicks and giggles, I decided to do a blend of several of the favorite strains in my larder in equal proportions:

Blue Dream
Blue Dream (non-decarbed)
Bangi Haze
Delicious Cheese Candy
Blackberry Kush
Blue Cheese
Green Crack
Dance World
Blue Dream CBD
Paradise Delahaze
Bubba Kush

I threw 1 gram of each in the coffee grinder to obtain a consistent blend.

Of course with such diversity it was impossible to predict what to expect. One of the biggest surprises is the fact that the initial onset is much milder than any of the individual strains alone. It offers a relatively linear ramp up to an enjoyable peak that arrives about 5 hours later with lingering positive effects as long as 8 hours later. Another surprise was the lack of a heavy headiness that several of the individual strains have, a feeling I find undesirable.

So far I’ve enjoyed the versatility of the mix. It’s a good accompaniment for relaxing but yet can be somewhat motivational when it comes time to tackle tasks. Great for becoming totally immersed in a good movie or becoming one with your favorite tunes.

Forgive my lack of brevity.

rolandomota

Yes yes yes bro this is exactly what I was looking for and yea I mixed Ethiopian by ace into high thc stuff like more ace like Malawi or other strains and Everytime I did that it was great way better like both highs hit you at once and enhance each other the Ethiopian by itself was not that strong at all but its character was a fuck you up type high although it was very weak for me by itself and low ceiling when it was smoked together with any high thc strain or mixes it was pretty damn good
Sometimes I mix it others I smoke Ethiopian first then right after a Malawi or an indica or smoke Ethiopian right after the high thc stuff
Mix it up man you won't regret it
All the old school hash cultures mix weed it's never one plant and that's what makes it better you get 5 10 highs all at once try it make some hash from all your buds put together
Some do this by getting all the trim of different strains and make multiple strain hash but most of the time when I make hash it's one strain

Think entourage effect did I spell that right entourage entourage entourage lol sounds strange entourage

Nexus7

'Round these parts we call it "making a salad."

It's a "Jungle mix" around my way, especially if more than two strains are involved.

Definitely seem to experience better/different effects when mixing weed personally. Some strains I don't enjoy smoking make excellent mixer.

Give it a try if you haven't already!

Latest posts

Latest posts