What's new

The Flo that DJ Short gave to the clubs.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Anyone remember a few years back,that DJ Short passed out his Flo to some of the clubs in Colorado?I heard from several guys that he also passed out Flo to some clubs in Cal,but that one was different from the other?

Anybody here that might have run both and could maybe clue me in to the difference between the 2?

Thx.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was under the impression that the Flo that he handed out was the F4 or F5 mother that he used to produce seeds for sale.

I'm pretty sure the cut(s) he handed out in Cali were his mothers but can't be sure about what was handed out in CO.

Cut(s) because he handed out a few of his moms.
:tiphat:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Thanks for responding to my thread MJP.

I'm sure you are probably right,but there appears to be 2 different phenos,at least from what I heard.I am more interested in the difference between the 2,and the effects from each one.

I have sent a pm to one of the members who would have information,so I should have a better grasp of the differences shortly.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
friend brought some flo back from garberville 4-5 years back said the there was a cut floating through them hills. it was tasty smoke. exotic

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
This Flo (pictured left blue label) purchased from a CA shop has more of a body or knockout stone, strong with pleasant floral notes.

J1 is characteristically similar to clementine, a common citrus sativa. Tangie or red dragon (Brazilian) could be similar.

Each 1/8th was $36 after tax.

Flo

J1

Slim Pickens

Veteran
friend brought some flo back from garberville 4-5 years back said the there was a cut floating through them hills. it was tasty smoke. exotic

All kinds of good stuff in them thar hills.Trick is to secure any.Lol

This Flo (pictured left blue label) purchased from a CA shop has more of a body or knockout stone, strong with pleasant floral notes.

J1 is characteristically similar to clementine, a common citrus sativa. Tangie or red dragon (Brazilian) could be similar.

Each 1/8th was $36 after tax.

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/IzSDLSkl.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Flo

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/pXv90arl.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/wF1l1Mkl.jpg]View Image[/URL]

J1

[URL=https://i.imgur.com/FTVRE7Ul.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Thanks for ringing in a.s

At this point,my best possible chance at a original Flo is to secure a cut from both of the gifted cuts from Dj.I had a member who resides in Co tell me that the Flo he purchased at one of the dispensaries there was great.Very uplifting and definitely Sativa leaning.The problem is that you never know whether it is a hybrid with Flo parentage,as a lot of time has gone by,and likely many pairings have occurred in the interim.

Miraculous Meds

Dj passed out his flo mother cut for sure. There is a popular Colorado cut from flodica line, indica expression. Im pretty sure he did not pass this one out, somebody else spread the co flodica, ill ask him to confirm if i remember.

Heres the original flo mother.
picture.php

picture.php

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Thanks for the response MM.I would prefer at this point in time to focus on the Sativa leaning Flo as opposed to an Indica expression.It has been a long time since Flo came out,and as I have said,there are a lot more phenos out there.It's important to me to find the right one,as I have to watch my plant count.(at least my outdoor plant count that is ,wink wink> I read though the F-13 thread trying to get an idea of whether I should see if it were possible to find a good pheno of F-13.I know someone on another board who has an F-13 that he is quite fond of.Maybe at some point he will offer a cut or 2 of his.

G

growhigh1233

i much prefer f13 personally .. done a open pollination back in 2012 with a couple of packs of the old stock .. germ rates were terrible but i managed to get several females n males ....lost the original seed mothers sadly

Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

Thanks for the response MM.I would prefer at this point in time to focus on the Sativa leaning Flo as opposed to an Indica expression.It has been a long time since Flo came out,and as I have said,there are a lot more phenos out there.It's important to me to find the right one,as I have to watch my plant count.(at least my outdoor plant count that is ,wink wink> I read though the F-13 thread trying to get an idea of whether I should see if it were possible to find a good pheno of F-13.I know someone on another board who has an F-13 that he is quite fond of.Maybe at some point he will offer a cut or 2 of his.

Dj's current original flo is the sativa effect line. Get some seeds and you will find the expression your looking for. F13 will suit you too, jd yas some f13 tb out on the market still i think. F13 can provide a bit more raciness than the flo line. As far as cuts go, there are plenty of both floating around if you can grab one. I think jd released the f13 mom as well.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I'll get me a cardboard sign saying "F-13 Wanted" and go stand on the corner downtown.

Be sure to wave as you go by. LOL

I'm so lonely.<sniff sniff>