What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Seed Inc

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No experience but I saw those at Durango Organics in Durango.

Let us know how they turn out.

MintyMick

Colorado grower and amateur breeder reporting in. Per google search they’ve been around since 2008. I wouldn’t know though as I’m basically a recluse and haven’t ever grown out their seeds. I do like the packaging though, it apoeals to my OCD nature with the labeled tags...gotta love marketing ploys.

X

xavier7995

I am always curious about any CO based genetics, hope they turn out great.

Defacto

All the seeds are dark, full size and healthy looking. To stay within my plant limits I only started 2 seeds, both of which germinated.

EagleWolf

I tried growing their Krishna Kush a while ago, also a Gupta Kush hybrid. Made the trek to boulder and bought a pack of regulars. Got 2 females. Everything looked really healthy, at least they liked the coco coir. One dense, golfball nugget pheno, almost smelled like coffee, and a higher yielder, though less potent type, kushy tasting with maybe a hint of some lavender smell. I kept the high yielder for three or so rounds before she got stressed and pollinated herself. I blame myself. She lasted a while and was good smoke while I had her.

Some of the healthiest plants I've grown, and the strain was like advertised. I'm sure yours will be dank.

Defacto

I tried growing their Krishna Kush a while ago, also a Gupta Kush hybrid. Made the trek to boulder and bought a pack of regulars. Got 2 females. Everything looked really healthy, at least they liked the coco coir. One dense, golfball nugget pheno, almost smelled like coffee, and a higher yielder, though less potent type, kushy tasting with maybe a hint of some lavender smell. I kept the high yielder for three or so rounds before she got stressed and pollinated herself. I blame myself. She lasted a while and was good smoke while I had her.

Some of the healthiest plants I've grown, and the strain was like advertised. I'm sure yours will be dank.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

MintyMick

That is truly snazzy packaging Defacto.

I almost never see that part since the banks I usually order from send my stuff via stealth delivery and it’s packaged in tiny ziplock bags with a handwritten sticker on it - which is usually stuffed in some weird random item. I did pick up some RD packs in Denver a few years ago. I give it 4/10 for snazziness.

Seriously though, I think maybe the over the top packaging is their way to justify how much seeds cost. And I get it, breeders put their time and effort into putting together a good strain, so why not get paid for it?

And it’s better to buy from local breeders IMO if you are concerned about price. I know a couple of seedbanks off of the top of my head I would never purchase local CO genetics from, not because they suck, but because I would rather buy them in CO because they cost less. And when you buy local you never get the customs letter and the shitty green tape letting you know some customs prick who probably grows pinched your seeds.

Let us know how that SAGE (or is it bubba x SAGE - can’t read...font for ants...lol) turns out, Defacto. Peace.

Som 2

I have also grown the Krishna Kush. From six seeds I got two females. Both leaned heavily to the couchlock indica side. Both were extremely aromatic, one had sort of a cherry flavored tobacco aroma and the other was coffee and fuel with a hint of something sweet. I mostly grow Bodhi gear but I liked the Krishna Kush. I made f2s. I have grown a couple of them out and they are quality but they herm easily if stressed.

Defacto

Unfortunately MintyMick, no grows came from those seeds due to an incredible lack of germination. (The Clinic did give me a store credit at least.)

Thanks for your grow report Som 2!