What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What products do you swear by?

insomniac_AU

As per title. I swear by my Westaflex fan. This fan is about 10 years old and has seen many crops come and go, running 24hrs a day. I was only thinking the other day I should replace it because it's so old for safety but it still works as good as new.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Ace Seeds genetics ;) Always find gems in Dubi's genetics.

I'm assuming that doesn't count so let me add to that. *Edit* I'm high and forgot to read that this was in growroom equipment... my mistake. I've had great results with my vortex fans. Been running 24/7 for years and never had one die out or have issues.

Last edited:

bigAl25

Veteran
Maxibloom and Maxigrow. I used to trust Fox Farms products. When I used the 3 liquid products I obtained great results. When I bought the extra flowering nutes I did not see an improvement. I like the keep it simple approach better and it's less expensive.

insomniac_AU

I think there are going to be a lot of differing opinions when it comes to nutrients. I am really happy with Nefarious which is a West Australian company. You probably can't get it overseas which is the problem we have with a lot of the products you can easily get.

General Hydroponics. I tried a few top brands including my mix using their base and their full nutrient line and The biggest difference I saw was I had less time and less money.

Hortalux bulbs.

Milwaukee MC122 because for under $150 you can auto dose ph down in your res and never have to worry about drift again.

Maple_Flail

Pro mix.. no matter what i do its always in the mix somewhere.

will be trying out the CC60/40 next and possibly looking into the bark amended for mother rooms

oti$

Jack's professional hydroponic and calcnit. It's all I use and all I need. I've grown great weed with other stuff, but uacks fed at low ec produces top shelf smoke for dirt cheap. Sometimes I'll give them a dose of sea green if I think they need a little kick in veg or after a transplant. It's one of very few bottles that I actually see results from after use.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Miracle Grow and phototrons. J/K.
The one thing I swear by lately isn't really a product but.. it's mulch. Spent cannabis leaves, dried herbs, alfalfa hay, whatever you have.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I swear at more products than I swear by... lol

I can’t think of a product I swear by...
Maybe mosquito bits.
Everything else seems get replaced with whatever’s available when I need to get it.

EvergreenState

I've had great success with Dyna Gro products. Inexpensive, easy to use and works everytime. I've also called them with questions several times and they were always polite and thoroughly answered the questions.

beta

Veteran
  • SensorPush environmental sensors
  • Fogmaster Jr.
  • 315 LECs for veg
  • 600/750Es for flower
  • Gavita Controller
  • Rootmaker Pots
  • Jack's Nutrients
  • Little Giant Pumps
  • Grodan Gro-Smart Tray Inserts
  • PVC

H.Stoner

pick ur brain if u don'tmind

pick ur brain if u don'tmind

@beta

Hi DUDE,
i saw u listed these [*]Rootmaker Pots . i saw them years ago and decided to check their video. thus all these pestery questions :)

i watched their long video designed to explain and sell their rootmaker products. seems like it was legit. with that said i wondered about how it would help or not based on the short amount of time indoor growers have the plants in pots. which can avg. 12 weeks total start to finish up to 18-20 weeks. i used a 10 week flower cycle to indicate a slightly longer time in the pots for ts sake of this question.

how exactly do you use them personally. what pot sizes you start with and end with etc. as well as how big/what stage are the plants in when you 1st. start using them until harvest.

also how would u compare them to smart pots/air pots so far as watering issues - easy or difficult/overall ease of use/reuse etc.

i have a 4 x 4 gorilla shorty w/ extension. medium is coco coir, nutes are coco specific CNS -17. will flower with a 600 hps planned pot size 2 to 3 gal max. mainly cause roots in coco can get a larger plant in a smaller pot and it's speed and ease is a step up from pro-mix bx.
thx. for any help

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use 5 gal rootmakers

I veg for 6 weeks starting out in:
Solo cups for 2 weeks
Regular 1 gal for 2 weeks
5 gal rootmaker for 2 weeks
Then bloom

I use Happy Frog Soil with PBP and get 8 to 12 zips a plant depending on strain.

I love my 5 gal rootmakers but they are a pain in the ass to clean compared to a standard container.