What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best dispensary flower products?

Happy Times

Hi all

I've shopped for flower at the Clinic in Denver, great variety but one thing I noticed was that some of the buds didn't seem to be very well flushed and smoked pretty harshly. I was wondering if there's any places in CO anyone would recommend that consistently has very well grown and flushed flower product.

Thanks!

X

xavier7995

You might have luck at either sacred seed or kind love. It's been a while since I bought anything so things may have changed, but I was happy with the product at both.

I was not impressed with the clinic either.

Happy Times

Thanks for the recs

Some of the buds were good: kosher kush, bubba kush, jack flash, grape god. I really liked the Kosher, that package disappeared first out of 13 or so strains. Grape god had a great tangy funk to the nose and was nicely stoney.

But a few were sooooo chemmy (not in a good way like Chemdog lol): raskal OG, blue dream, and pineapple punch. The BD and PP were super solid rocky nugs, but roasted pretty harshly.

I got a bunch of other strains too: golden goat, P98 bubba, pineapple punch, sour kush (no good!). Ok buds, all pretty decent looking, but not the greatest smoke.

Happy Times

Well, I read a few of the other threads posted in the CO forum and ended up hitting Maggie's Farm in Manitou ( thanks to weedaholic721- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=304476&page=14)

I told the budtender I was looking for the best grown and flushed flower and he recommended the bio chem, not cheap at $62/ eighth after tax but it looks pretty solid. Going to get to some sampling shortly :)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuck that's expensive!
I thought legalization would drive prices down but it seems the opposite is true.

Happy Times

Fuck that's expensive!
I thought legalization would drive prices down but it seems the opposite is true.

I think there's probably many options for getting better prices in CO, but not Maggie's farm for recreational. The bio chem is pretty nice, crazy dense and spongy buds that are a challenge to break up! Musky skunk and a high that hits really fast and hard, stoney (indica dom) stuff.

I also got a pre roll of Timewreck there that packed quite a punch. Sparked this up in the outdoor smoking section at a cowboy bar this last week and pissed off the security pretty good lol, I'm a bit sad she made me throw it out haha. I was seriously timewrecked after roasting this.

I'd consider Craigslist next time I'm up there, people seem to have reported positively this option.

Fuck that's expensive!

den rec throws stars on the jars at the med place for $15/30 eight/quarters and super fire

and a cut above uses the cannapages and always runs specials, so can get an house for 110 out the door.

thats cheap as hell is you ask me

M

meowmeowmeow

den rec throws stars on the jars at the med place for $15/30 eight/quarters and super fire

and a cut above uses the cannapages and always runs specials, so can get an house for 110 out the door.

thats cheap as hell is you ask me

I get an industry discount at DenRec and they have a good strain selection.
A lot of Bodhi and Achieve's strains.

The Herbal Cure has a good strain selection also.
PB Breath, Diangle Kush, Sour Banana Sherbert and some Cannarado strains as of late.

Happy Times

I get an industry discount at DenRec and they have a good strain selection.
A lot of Bodhi and Achieve's strains.

The Herbal Cure has a good strain selection also.
PB Breath, Diangle Kush, Sour Banana Sherbert and some Cannarado strains as of late.

Nice to hear, what do y'all think about quality of the grow and flush? Do the flowers smoke well?

Nice to hear, what do y'all think about quality of the grow and flush? Do the flowers smoke well?

I would say that is where Den Rec excels is the cure job!

A cut above has Cam/mac flowers on rec side, and my buddy said they had forged their lisence and had run on it like that for 2 years before busted, but said they had serious heat and guess back up and running.

M

meowmeowmeow

Let's just say I work in the industry and I go there to get commercial flower.....not to where I work.
I'm a picky motherfucker, so there's my stamp of approval. :biggrin:

truck

T.H.A. in cortez, co has the best stuff. Grown like homegrown weed, lots of love, and have the smallest carbon footprint of any commercial grow, local first and recycle everything. Take a tour and see how its grown. It like going to a microbrewery to get your beer. Never been vacuumed sealed or shipped its grow it all in house. It is a one of a kind grow and shop all in one. Try it, you might like it.

M

meowmeowmeow

If I'm ever in the 4 corners I will try that spot, but no fucking wy I'm driving there from Denver....hahahaha

A Cut Above has fower from Dank by Pank but ACB needs to work on their price point, because I'm not paying $250-300 an Oz REC or MED.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
T.H.A. in cortez, co has the best stuff. Grown like homegrown weed, lots of love, and have the smallest carbon footprint of any commercial grow, local first and recycle everything. Take a tour and see how its grown. It like going to a microbrewery to get your beer. Never been vacuumed sealed or shipped its grow it all in house. It is a one of a kind grow and shop all in one. Try it, you might like it.

They aight...
Certainly not the best the city has to offer.
Only thing they really have is the tour... I bet that draws tons of customers in.
The store feels cramped. Product is mids at best.

Oh yeah...
It's for sale too!

M

meowmeowmeow

Only thing they really have is the tour... I bet that draws tons of customers in.

That in itself tells me they're more about hype than product.

It's bad enough the trap I work at has investors, political people and whoever else going on tours smelling like booze after a wine & dine rolling thru.

M

meowmeowmeow

My homie just scored an Oz of Dank's Don Shula the other night.
Fire if Diagonal is in it for sure.

If in Denver/Aurora area Affinity on the medical side has Animas Organics flowers.
Good strains Lemoncello, Cheesey Headband & Acorn.
$100 Oz Medical makes me want to get my card,

P.S. Well worth the $100 Ozs.....that Cheesy Headband gave me that racoon mask fast as hell :biggrin:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
They aight...
Certainly not the best the city has to offer.
The store feels cramped. Product is mids at best.

Oh yeah...
It's for sale too!
Customers and pm and bugs and whatnot as well, I'm sure. ;) I walked into Medicine Man and knew instantly, from the smell in the air, I was going to be disappointed. THA has better and it's just -meh-, nothing special.

Who has the best flower in Cortez currently?