What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CMH vs Doble ended vs Single endend

Bluto

Fuck I need to post pics or it all seems antidotal. Note, buy a camera. I don't know hammerhead that seems strangely weak.Maybe bad timing in your run.
My moms are too healthy and rootbound for me to trash cmh.
No offense

couchlockd

I run a DE CMH in a Gavita dailed to 600 in a 4 x 8 tent on a light rail, for veg. Love it a 600 could not compare. I put the 600 is in my scrape pile.
But to each there own.
Would I trust it in flower? My boy runs the beast. 1 DE with two 315 bulbs in one hood. Most would find this ridicules. With a 12 foot ceiling he is killing it.

Explain a DE CMH Gavita dialed to 600?

You mean a dual bulb DE hood with 2 315 bulbs dimmed to 600 watts?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No offense taken. I have never flowered with 315's only 630. I dont know what you mean by bad timing in my run? and strangely weak?? that makes no sense from what I posted?

A 600 has a lot more PAR. That alone will out yield a 315 w bulb. I'm not following your logic on this.

couchlockd

No offense taken. I have never flowered with 315's only 630. I dont know what you mean by bad timing in my run? and strangely weak?? that makes no sense from what I posted?

A 600 has a lot more PAR. That alone will out yield a 315 w bulb. I'm not following your logic on this.

You say 630, so its a dual bulb good with 2 315's, correct?

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I own 3 sunplix 315 cdm ballasts and use Phillips bulbs. I was not impressed.

They were billed as being able to yield line a 600w hps. Yeah right, didn't even out yield 3 400w hortilux how they replaced

the sunplix says it can do cmh and hps and mh....

i see 2 different ones around are there dual output ports or single and pricing seems to vari.

wheres more info on sunplix? :tiphat:

couchlockd

630? Dual bulb 315?

We're getting lost in semantics.

You do flower with a 315, just 2 of them.

Would you say its on par (no pun intended) with a 1k hps?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

couchlockd

I googled it, nvm.

That's nucking futz.

So what is the proper ballast coming for that de 630 lamp. Fuzz the 1000 dimmed is cheating it out of 30 watts?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the only DE 630w light on the market right now. I have 5 630w lights in my flower room. 2 of them are these. I use 2 Solis tek dimmed to 660w. 1 630W I got from china.

picture.php

Bluto

Yes it is a double ended bulb. 315 cmh on both ends. So 630. I run it in my gavita, dailed to 600. Honestly it is slaying the gavita bulbs for veg. Yes I use gavitas for veg. I took some pics let me figure out how to host and post em,

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So your not comparing a 315 to a 600. your comparing a 630 to a 600 hps. That's night and day. Of course your getting better results with a 630 cmh vs 600hps.

CMH bulbs are designed for use in a Low frequency square wave ballast.. CMH/MH bulbs should never be used in an open fixture do to the high % of extreme failures(explosion)resulting in fires.

Bluto

Hammerhead, you run the Cmhs but don't like the yeild in flower? I am sceptical to use them exclusively for both halves of a run. Which it seems you were not impressed with them in flower?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I lov my CMH in flower. Not sure where you are reading this. I dumped all of my gavitas and bought CMH. My yields are comparable to when I had all hps. I could not be more happy with my results. I have said this already.

LMAO, YOU ARE USING A 630W NOT A 315. You posted a 315w will out yield a 600 hps witch it will not do. ,.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
id like to find the double output sunplix ballasts and sell my digital hps/mh ballasts.

keep the hps/ mh bulbs and hoods and the and try the cmh

the ballast says it can do all three