What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Transcend Lighting: The Next Generation T5 30w LED

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for getting back to me but I need to get some scientific studies if any exist. I need to make the argument that LEDs can perform well for growing cannabis and need the scientific studies to demonstrate that.

Can't help you there, BUT, be wary of the pseudo-science surrounding blurple (blue + red) leds.

Many so-called scientific studies are funded by big business with hidden agendas

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Petflora,I've seed t8 led replacement bulbs 6500k X 2200 lumens I'm trying to figure a lumens per sq ft for these for a veg only tent...any thoughts

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Petflora,I've seed t8 led replacement bulbs 6500k X 2200 lumens I'm trying to figure a lumens per sq ft for these for a veg only tent...any thoughts

Not 100% clear on what you are asking, but looking at sft, you want the most t8s you can put there, which is probably 4 tubes/sft

Also look up McCree curve and PAR

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

Keep in mind I only have 2 of the TL LED flowering tubes + 2 Zoomed Florosuns + 2 Quantum 6500s (I just replaced these with 2 more Florosuns, which have adequate blue spectrum, but a lot more red). ALSO, the 2 Mystery plants potential is unknown

Those caviates aside, with this combination, even the BBCC (in the back) has noticeably smaller buds below the top cola than the plant under the Amare SE 220 (pic #3), which is a similar pheno (but with more BigMex)

View attachment 343208 View attachment 343209 View attachment 343210

The clones should have been moved weeks ago, but the plants under the 2 led panels have not yet been harvested, although I will harvest the 2 plants under the TL D200 Monday: waiting to take advantage of 2 cooler nights

View attachment 343207

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys, today was harvest day from the Transcend Lighting D 200 (230w)

Wet weight from 2 small sats (19/26") is 383gms= ~ 115gm dry/230w= 0.5gpw, which doesn't seem like much, but again these were small plants. Buds are tight, fat, and sticky

Come by to see all the pics

SocalNugz

Damn I was just looking at led tubes at home depot thinking they need to make those for growing yesterday!
Excellent find, I'm gonna get some of these for my bad boy t5.
Thanks man!!!
Between these an goin to de 600s my electric bill will be cut in half!!!!

N

Nopapersleft

Hey man I know I'm late to the party, but good looking plants. I just ordered two of these bulbs to throw in my t5. I know t5s run fairly cool, is there any noticeable heat difference between the led tubes and normal t5 tube? Thanks mate

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Hey man I know I'm late to the party, but good looking plants. I just ordered two of these bulbs to throw in my t5. I know t5s run fairly cool, is there any noticeable heat difference between the led tubes and normal t5 tube? Thanks mate
I still use T5's (for the UV) as well as LED tubes and bars. But since only very little UV is required I use mostly LED.
Yes, the difference in heat output is tremendous. A T5 will heat up the palm of my hand out past a foot, the LED tube loses its heat by five inches and I have to use my martial arts training to feel it out that far.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
subscribed fo shure...yeehaw..still a bit pricey at 70$ each plus shippin..

Think of the upfront cost as a 1+ year savings account that pays huge dividends in replacement costs ans energy savings (said to be ~ 45%)

According to mfgr, life expectancy> 5 years @ 24 hours per day

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news. TL has ramped up production to outstrip demand and shipping is included

They will be shipping NW lights to me soon

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
how are you getting these free lights..whos ass you been kissin????.....I am still leary of led as the grows I have seen didn't impress me ....I do think the tech has gotten better but prices are still a bit high...yeehaw

N

Nopapersleft

Glad to hear how cool these tubes run. Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking what is your particular setup? I have a 4' 6 bulb running 2 hortilux power veg, 2 quantum 3000k red, and 2 transcend red led tubes. This is for bloom. Any tweaks/suggestions?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
how are you getting these free lights..whos ass you been kissin????.....I am still leary of led as the grows I have seen didn't impress me ....I do think the tech has gotten better but prices are still a bit high...yeehaw

lol

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear how cool these tubes run. Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking what is your particular setup? I have a 4' 6 bulb running 2 hortilux power veg, 2 quantum 3000k red, and 2 transcend red led tubes. This is for bloom. Any tweaks/suggestions?

I have a Quantum Bad Boy 8 tube hot5 fixture

Currently using 6 slots, mixing; 2 Quantum 6500s + 2 ZooMed Florosuns + 2 TL Flower leds, which was running when I was flowering plants.

Now that I am revegging I need to replace the flower leds with NWs

View attachment 346790

N

Nopapersleft

So in general would you say a 50/50 mix of Blues and red is ideal for bloom? Sorry I'm pretty new to t5s, just ditched my hps cause of heat.
That is interesting how you reveg, how long does is take the plant to pump out new growth?

N

Nopapersleft

Just read through your post again, sounds like for flower 25% blue bulbs works well?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
< 20% blue is all they need, but it depends on which blue blend of nms and the quality

See the McCree Curve for a visual