What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Transcend Lighting: The Next Generation T5 30w LED

Tactical Farmer A few things, first the aluminum will not corrode overtime, it has a higher rating when it comes to heat transfer, so it will will both absorb heat better, and dissipate heat better. It also protects the aluminum from dings and such, it kind of has a case hardening effect, as the anodizing is much harder than the aluminum, and it penetrates about .005" into the aluminum.

Yeah i was really impressed with those pin heatsinks, so much better then the slabs, and not a whole lot more money either, particularly for what your getting. Just waiting on my shipment from Cutter right now, cant wait to dig into that box!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Scratchin' my head:

The plant on the left (see previous post pic) is a near identical twin to the one under the Amare SE 250 (different thread) BUT it has >80% red pistils, whereas her twin has < 10%. Both are getting the same nutes. Is it the light? No!

The plant to her right (under the hot5) is from same seeds, but a different pheno. It has no red pistils. Both are fed from the same rez
opps.png

I'm going to move her to the SE 220 where I can put her on a flush diet

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It dawned on me after moving the near twin sister (same strain, pheno) that had spent her entire life under the TL 240w hot 5 tubes to the SE 220 a few days ago, that a comparison could be made to essentially her twin who spent half her life under the TL D200, and the last month under the Amare SE 250

Both got the same nutes and light hours, RH, room temp, etc
[/FONT]
Wattage is essentially the same, but how those watts/PPFD are delivered to the plants is quite different: 8 @ 30w/ 4ft tubes in a 2 x 4 fixture vs a compact 16 x 16 fixture. Any 16" section from the TLs simply cannot match the intensity of the AT 16, which is dropping 250w hard in a 2 x 2 area

One benefit: I was easily able to veg 3 plants under the TL, BUT, were they the best vegged plants? And, while I'm quite happy with the TL results thus far, how do they compare?

Price-wise

Transcend Lighting's 8 tubes X $70= $560 + fixture

Amare Technologies CoB Hybrid $745

The plant with the cube around it is from the hot5

For whatever reason the female that was under the TL had gone 70% red pistils within days. I put her on flush nutes today

Her sister under the SE 250 has yet to show red pistils

View attachment 370201 View attachment 370202

View attachment 370203 View attachment 370204

Making matters worse, Amare now has a version of the SE 250 that is 3ft long, and said to cover 2 x 4 @ $745

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm thinking the red tubes aren't up to snuff for blooming cannabis.

The middle plant from the TL tubes (that I moved to the SE 220) will be harvested at day's end. I will then move the next largest plant under the TL tubes to the SE 220, AND, pull 2 of the red tubes over the last plant leaving 4 white + 2 red to see how that goes

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I harvested a few lowest branches ~ 5 days ago, then half late yesterday, and the rest this morning. Decent haul, but...

So, I moved the next biggest plant from the T5 to the SE 220.

She has plenty of time left. Hopefully, the buds will fatten and harden more than this one

Also, I pulled 2 of the red tubes from the t5, to see whether 1:1 W/R was too much red

View attachment 370630 View attachment 370631

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The one clone (in the back) was transferred from the other tent. I trimmed the roots a bit too short, which meant they weren't coming in contact with the water level during the feedings.

I have been hand feeding through the 3" net pots

All the seedlings are doing quite well now that I lowered the light

The 2 clones under the SE 220 are beginning to adapt to their new environment.

View attachment 372959 View attachment 372960

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
New grow under SE 250: clone on left + Indica from seed. The indicas seem to be on steroids

Seems like the clones (3 total) aren't going to make the cut under the Amares, so, I will move them under the TL led hot5 replacing them with the Indicas, which seem to be on steroids

Pics #1
is Indica seedlings under TL hot5s

View attachment 373975

#2 is SE 250, #3 is SE 220
View attachment 373976 View attachment 373977

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took 5 clones from the large plant. will be using the t5s to veg them in another tent.

May not be updating this thread anymore

Hope to see you at one of my other threads

Latest posts

Latest posts