What's new

Jamaica- 5 plants per person legal now.

oldog

See link to pdf of new law on the Jamaica governments site.
http://moj.gov.jm/content/dangerous-drugs-amendment-act-2015-fact-sheet

If you dont like clicking on links enter

Dangerous Drugs Amendment Act 2015 Fact Sheet.pdf in Search - Bing/Yahoo/Google etc

Long story short -Over 18 only, growing 5 plants per adult living in a house is Ok, US $5 fine for smoking in public,
Tourists can get a permit to smoke by filling out a form saying they need to smoke for medicinal purposes.

There was a public planting of a ganja plant on the grounds of the University in Kingston yesterday.

" Sun Sea and Smoke " - new tourism slogan ?

Last edited:

OldeMann

It's great to see legalization / regulation; though I wonder why the low plant limits and indoor only restrictions?

I hope the Jamaicans plants seeds everywhere!

:plant grow: :plant grow: :plant grow: :plant grow::plant grow:

S

sonofsour

Shit if I lived in Jamaica I would build a 20x20 fenced in greenhouse, have my wife user her 5 plants for veg, I would use my 5 for flower, can easily get a 3 or 4 pounds a plant if vegged right. way more if your Mendo Dope,lol.

oldog

Well, I'm just finishing the last of one monster outdoor plant at a spliff a day, that I reaped a year ago, so 5 females should be enough unless you are selling and there is I think some provision in the law for licensed commercial growers. Didnt see anything about growing being restricted to indoors. I dont think theyll mess with personal growers unless plants are in the face of the public. ie no hedges along your fence line. its going to be interesting to see how it works out - they are hoping that its going to bring some prosperity but I dont see that happening. Big business will control it in a short while.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
5 plants per adult...hmmm. how many people live in Jamaica, and how big do plants get outdoors in their climate ? :biggrin:

Genghis Kush

I just read it, and it says, Five plants per Household. If there is more than one Household on a property than each Household still gets Five plants. I think they mean a family unit when they say household. So, not five plants each person, but still great! Should be good for tourism.

bigAl25

Veteran
How long should we wait until we visit again? I want all this new crop to be done so I can sample it all. Peace and respect Mon.

Green81

Veteran
Great for Jamaica, respect, let's hope Northern Europe will see the light and give people the right to grow their own personnel stash.......

G81

oldog

Do not go to Negril- its a mess- ganja touts and pimps and coke - garbage - ramshackle town -people hustling you every step. Go to the south coast or to Portland for a chill vacation. airb&b.com
Respect to all

Latest posts

Latest posts