What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @nattyroots Malawi x PCK has really good mold resistance for a balanced sativa/indica hybrid, although botrytis may appear if you grow big buds of the green pheno constantly under such conditions (30C and 8O%) and ventilation is not good enough. Make sure the ventilation is strong and clean, especiall once the buds start to get dense.

Good yielding sativa dom or pure sativas well adapted to indoor growing are maybe more suitable profile of genetics for your conditions. Send us an email or send me a pm in case you need more specific recommendations.

NOREGRETZ

Malawi x pck que cultive el año pasado. Solo 5 de 12 semillas, alguien a tenido problemas con estos? Polinice 3 hembras con los 2 machos que obtuve de todo el paquete.

Attachments

• 20220531_190215.jpg
    20220531_190215.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • 20220531_190203.jpg
    20220531_190203.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 107
  • 20220531_190152.jpg
    20220531_190152.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
  • 20220428_220648.jpg
    20220428_220648.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • 20220428_220847.jpg
    20220428_220847.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103

nattyroots

Popped 3 mpck fems, all came up with vigor. 3 week veg. Exploded on flo. One was ready in 56 days though underwaterng in the end wasnt a good idea. It’s now hanging. Other two are chunkier especially the last one but it also has fewer tops. Hopefully I can run the two chunkier phenos again. Hot room got humidity at around 60%. They are very chunky buds even though plants are only about two feet tall. Tropical fruit smell morphing into heavy pine a few seconds after on rubbing. Little smell in tent. I think the one that faded first needed more water in last few weeks. 4L pots with blumats. I was worried about humidity so I tried to keep watering to a minimum. All champs in high heat. Very happy. No mold no PM but i think High overnight temps help.

Attachments

• A8139D81-9333-4A24-A01C-CB1E7A9A84BD.jpeg
    A8139D81-9333-4A24-A01C-CB1E7A9A84BD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
  • 1F65A456-C282-45FB-8ACF-019B0191FF15.jpeg
    1F65A456-C282-45FB-8ACF-019B0191FF15.jpeg
    464.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 693BF0F0-CF24-48F3-A5CC-26B3347460DD.jpeg
    693BF0F0-CF24-48F3-A5CC-26B3347460DD.jpeg
    511.7 KB · Views: 143

nattyroots

At 70 days. Could go longer but I think I’ll need to chop. It was from seed and now I see clones is best for this size grow. This is the keeper pheno for me though at least yield and smell wise. Didn’t really fade, soil with aptus pellets maybe responsible for that, and blumats keeping nutes from flushing away. Should I try a flush? I worry because humidity here is quite high. Smoke report soon.

Attachments

• CC23FC22-F1B5-4EA7-A03A-4260E6887F67.jpeg
    CC23FC22-F1B5-4EA7-A03A-4260E6887F67.jpeg
    595.4 KB · Views: 112

early_hominid

All of the beautiful plants in this thread convinced me to try this variety, and I am thrilled to be able to contribute some photos. This plant was a dream to grow- the structure and stretch were really manageable, huge flowers, and she was overall very vigorous and healthy. Awkward shot but I wanted to show the whole plant.

IMG-0133.jpg

Last edited:

early_hominid

Went a couple days past 12 weeks. The flowers are so gorgeous on this one, I love the knotty structure. Aroma is classic PCK sweet/mossy berry up front with leather/shoe polish following behind. There's some hints of permanent marker and other scents I cannot name, kind of a nutty floral background.
IMG-4544(1).jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola NOREGRETZ se ven muy lindas tus hembras y machos de Malawi x PCK :yes:
No hemos tenido ningun problema o queja en años con la germinación de Malawi x PCK fem or regular.

@nattyroots really great looking indoor flowers! Happy you finally decided to grow some without mold problems in your environment ;) All 3 were green ? Please, keep us updated with your opinion on the finished product after drying/curing.

Welcome to this room @early_hominid :tiphat:A pleasure to see pics of your Malawi x PCK girl. Great looking purple sativa dom pheno like the ones i usually like the most. Enjoy!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice resins @Dentex although not much flower bulkiness yet, hope this change in the next weeks, can see some purpling already ..... is the first one you are growing from this cross ?

Dentex

Really nice resins @Dentex although not much flower bulkiness yet, hope this change in the next weeks, can see some purpling already ..... is the first one you are growing from this cross ?
Hey Dubi!Yeah doesn't seem to be the fat type, more to the pck side in the yield department too.

This one is the last from a 2015 or 2016 pack I think,other two were green and more Malawi leaning.I have a 2017 or 2018 pack still not sampled.

WDXefO7.jpg

Last edited:

ilovegrowing

i ve run one malawi x pck seed. it went mas/menos 70 days 11/13. the peak of flower time was very impressive. it kinda exploded in all directions. good flower development, good bag appeal (current market oriented) of chunky flowers, good flower to leaf ratio, good yield.

the smell is more subtle, similar to one malawi i grew. but now after 1 1/2 month in the jar it is still changing. but its got the oily, leathery thing as the main layer, with a fruity/citrus thing in the back getting stronger with time.

didnt try it by now, im taking some time off consuming to see what happens, but a friend said that it is relaxing, makes him feel good and that the music sounded nice :) haha

i try to hit it with some pck pollen i have, i would like to see what comes out of it. curios about purple expressions.

DIMG_20230420_231318.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your feedback @ilovegrowing ;) glad you are pleased with the outcome of your Malawi x PCK fem seed :yes: looks indeed delightful, hopefully you give it a try soon and you let us know your opinion as well.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see your spring light dep flowers @power puff :) and the outcome of your Malawi/PCK x A5/PCK ;) nice cross! The one in the picture looks almost like a straight pure PCK, without much sativa Haze or Malawi influence in this case.

How is her scent ? citric, piney, forest ? Did you grow more phenotypes of the cross? I would look in a hybrid of that type for big, heavy yielding plants, of massive, dense resinous, colorful colas of great flower leaf/ratio, smelling of lemon cleaner, berry bubblegum, leather, hash and incense and a super long lasting, kick ass potency, although i understand you perhaps are looking for fastest flowering as possible phenos for your northern latitude.

power puff

Yeah I grew a few more of these.

I found about half of them to look like your malawi-pck #6, some very dark purple leaning to the pck side, and also a green one that looks like green pck with maybe some NL infuence from the A5?

For me it's all about the effect.
I love a balanced sativa-indica hybrid for all round.

Smell overall is citric maybe bit piney and the dark pck one has some delicious spicy smell. Can't put a name to it but smelled it also on the malawi-pck dark purple one I had.

They are gorgeous to see, easy to grow, heavy feeders.

kamyo

Veteran
Hi friends. Just checking in with a couple of the girls that currently have my attention.

Growing out a 12 pack of fems that @dubi was so generous to send my way, along with a bunch of other cool stuff.

Currently about 50/50 in color. Smell currently ranges from pretty loud sour/sweet to more of a berry creamcicle kind of smell, which are things that are probably familiar to anyone who's grown PCK or the crosses. There are a couple of more sour type smells that I can't really put my finger on, but I think it's probably more of a Malawi thing. It isn't candy sour, but more like vinegar sour or something. Maybe fermented. That one isn't pictured, but we'll get to her soon enough.

The first girl is something I haven't seen too much of in this cross - a shorty. You see them a lot with other 50/50 F1 crosses, although I don't recall seeing it too much with the MPCK I've grown.

Like a PCK on steroids, maybe. It's got the PCK dominant smells, but it's nice & pronounced, kind of creamy.
PXL_20230917_033305446.jpg
PXL_20230917_033323460.jpg

Second girl is just the most colorful. Seems like a nice blend of the two parents so far. We'll see how she flowers out. Sorry, this is the only pic I have for now.
PXL_20230915_231700914.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's been a while @kamyo :) hope you have a had a great summer time.
Glad to see you growing 2 beautiful colorful Malawi x PCKs, flowers look lovely reaching mid flowering :yes: