What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best vapor pens for concentrates

relic1981

Veteran
sorry if this is in the wrong place or if it has been discusssed before... (i couldnt find the information i wanted searching the site.) i use mainly concentrates to medicate and since i cant take my dab rig everywhere and i have a pregnant wife.. baby is due in december. another reason i need to buy a pen so i can take a quick couple of puffs and not have to use my torch and oil rig set up. i would like to know what portable vapes you guys are using for concentrates and why. once in a while i may want to puff flowers from it but im mostly concerned with the concentrate application. i want the best product i can get for a decent price. i dont want to pay 200 bucks for a vapor pen unless it comes with a bunch of oil, lol. ill be using it mainly for concentrates so that has to be a strong spot for it. i want to be able to load a good amount in there so i can puff on it all day if need be. (that reminds me, how long is the battery life for your pens?) let me know if a certain pen comes with a car charger too. not a necessity but definatly a bonus. thanks everyone! your advise is much appreciated.

relic

Mmm, idk where this belongs, perhaps in the concentrates forum? I use a mod my friend makes 12 or so vape pens and sent hashmasta-kut a couple and I have 3-4 different ones, I love the quad coil one but it goes through a lot of errl very quickly, but provides huge clouds of dab rips in a sturdy pen form. You can probably google some info about mods etc.

Snow Crash

Veteran
If you need a pen that can do both then I would recommend an Atmos R2 vaporizer. For the price, they do it all. There's a huge chamber so you can really load it up, and the battery lasts me 3-4 days of regular use. I also have an Atmos Junior. This hits the concentrates a lot harder but the small chamber means regular reloading and reduced battery life.

There might be better stuff I don't know about but so far these are what I like.

Calimed

Veteran
If you want something that holds a lot and works consistently, consider buying some EJMix and mixing that up 1:1 (or less) with your concentrate. Add a drop or two of d-limonene and this will give you a mixture that will work in most atomizers like the pro tanks or aspire BDCs and taste reasonably well. The potency is a bit less as it is diluted, but you won't have to worry about refilling for awhile and a couple extra puffs will get you medicated enough for public.

I haven't found any pen out there yet that can replace my oil rig. I wish there was though. My friends still freak out when they see me bust out the torch.

relic1981

Veteran
thanks guys, does anyone make there own vape pens? i have heard of people putting different parts together to make a custom pen but im not sure what parts i would need (look out google, here i come). i have also heard people having problems because they were using the wrong size baterry . (potential hazard)

ill be mainly using the pen for oil so thats what im most concerned about. i like taking big rips so i may like that vape double kindness suggested. big clouds seem to follow me everywhere so im good with that. i dont want a wimpy vape pen that i have to take 20 hits from. it would be nice if it could vape flowers too but again its mainly for my shatter/oils.

i did some research last night and the gpen looks promising. also the pulsar ninja and the pulsar optimus look like the can work well as well as aptus brand pens.. (i want one with a good atomizer) does anyone have experience with any of these w/ oil? if anyone on here can make a good pen id be down to hook up or maybe you can walk me through it? .

Calimed

Veteran
Mech mods and rebuildable drip atomizers will probably be best for oil and big clouds. There is a good thread about custom builds on FC.

relic1981

Veteran
FC? so i looked up how to build your own vape pen and i think i may go that way. i run a program for low income terminal patients and supply them with whatever i can and i have some patients i care for who need vape pens and im thinking these would make good gifts... the best DIY option i was able to find (imho) costs about 30-40$ to make a solid pen. am i wasting my time with this?... are there decent vapes available for that price or do you think this is the best bet for my money? i saw aptus pens on sale for 30-35$ but am weary... i just need to make sure the pen is solid. if i go the custom route i can make them with adjustable battery strength but for my personal use i want a 1000mAh ... big clouds:) decions decions. i wish ther was a vapor lounge at on of the dispensaries nearby so i could try some different models out. most of my friends are dabbers like myself so ive only been able to try a few different pens but not really experiment with them or test them thoroughly. (if u couldnt tell im new to the portable vape pens, lol)

Calimed

Veteran
FC is fuck combustion. The one-hitter-quitter thread is what you want.

To use custom atomizers with sub ohms you will need a mech mod battery to get them to work (in most cases).

You can get some decent pens in the 30-40 price range...but they might not hit as hard as a custom mech mod. For example, I briefly used to use the mega oil carts from gentlemans vapes. They work on any battery, but even with a VV battery, I could never get as medicated as I would with the same amount using my rig.

relic1981

Veteran
yeah, im def a rig man myself but there are times i need a pen as well as needing to hook up as many people who need them as i can. when i can ill be using my rig but there are times its just not practical.. (on the go for example..)i did see some decent pens for sale in the 30 to 40 dollar range. i believe they were made by pulsar. the ninja is 55$ and then they have two other pens costing less. one costs 30$ and the other costs 35. http://www.pulsarvaporizers.com/vaporizers

anyone have much experience with this brand? ive tried their ninja and liked it. not the biggest clouds but it got the job done. i had been borrowing it from a friend but he needed it back. it was nice while it lasted. i just want the best product for my money, whether its diy kits or pre manufactured pens.

and thanks for the clarification on FC :)

relic1981

Veteran
thanks for the heads up on FC. they have some good threads about diy vape pens. now im thinking i can build really good reliable vape pen, or so it seems, for a fractionof the cost of buying a name brand one. if any of you guys have made your own pen can you tell me where you ordered your parts from? and maybe what you ordered and the cost... ballpark.. thanks

JointOperation

cheapest best ive found was the glass globe attached to any batter.. grab the ceramic rod atomizers for it.. = cheap pen.. that actually works well for oils..

but rebuildable are for dudes who want it to rip like a actual DAB...

most of these other vape pens.. conserve oil.. so they dont give u hard hits..

but the globes seem to work best.. and they allow for a decent pack.. so u dont gotta open it up every few hits.

i

relic1981

Veteran
ok so i went to my fave smoke shop and pieced together a really nice vape. the guy at the counter said the set up i got was better than anything they sold (as far as vape pens for concentrates) and i only paid 50 bucks for it all.. i got a eGo Ctwist variable battery 600-1200MaH. a seego atomizer with a ceramic heating element, mouth piece, and usb charger.. for about 45$ i could have saved some money if i ordered it online but i really just wanted to get one asap because i have to take my dabs in another room but now with the pen, which gives monster rips, i can be in the room with the kids. nice not having to use a torch and being segregated to another part of the house. i plan on going down to a local vape lounge and see what i can piece together from they're gear. the pen i just made is discreet, now i want to make a not so discrete one that hits even better. ill try and take some pics of what i did and keep this thread going. i want to know what you guys are using... brand name (if so which one and why) or pieced together and again why?

thanks for the tips J.O. i may make one as you sugested just to see... id like to conserve my shatter but i need a nice hit. thats important. also i want it to be claenable (be able to wipe it down with rubbing alcohol when needed.) on that topic, do the pens get gunked up? (im using very clean oil which shouldnt leave any residue).

many thanks and happy vaping! peace

RonSmooth

Veteran
If you are used to using a torch & nail setup, a mechanical mod is going to be the only thing that comes close.

relic1981

Veteran
yeah, so i ended up burning out the filament in my atomizer because the battery was up to high. luckily the guy at the shop just replaced for me ( one time only because he didn't warn me about that). so i got another one, same thing, and with the battery towards the low end and im happily puffing. like the previous post said its not nearly the same as taking dabs. one dab ( in the pen) lasts awhile. def saves oil but i want to make another pen set up with the mechanical mod ron smooth was talking about. if you can can you elaborate and tell me what else ill need, id really appreciate it. feel free to pm me.? is it the 510 thread count? im thinking of buying a few batteries so i can just switch them out and charge one as im using another. id like three pens total. i got the first one, nice smooth hits... large hits and is discreet(looks just like a large pen) one for monster ripps on the go (when i can't use my oil rig) and one that fits happily in between those two ends. so ive got two more pens to make and with a little help i think i can make two really nice pens for under 100$. i spent about 40 on the first pen.

RonSmooth

Veteran
There is a recent thread in this subforum titled "Portable Dabs" that has all the info you need. Read fatslabs posts.

SouthernHaze

I have purchased the ita2te 2.0 (itaste). Under 100 gets you a mobile e-nail. It is the best out there right now hands down. I have had the expensive ones and no one touches this. You can change your voltage as well amps. It has a 2600 battery vs 370 and you can charge anything from it. And the battery life is unreal. I couldn't kill the thing on an all weekend hunting trip and I smoked up probably 4 or 5 gs of dab. This thing is the total package.
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin_iTaste_MVP_V2_0_p/ink-mvp2.htm

Seriously if your tired of buying handhelds and pens this is the way to go. You get pretty much a regular dabs feeling in a handheld. Anyways buy this. you won't be disappointed

relic1981

Veteran
thanks forr the tip bro. i think this has my name on it and its on sale now for 60 bucks. definitely think im gonna grab one. thanks again for the link! so it has a ceramic enail in their? thats what im talking about! i like the sound of the long battery life too. seems like a solid peice. anyone else have experience with ITastev2.0? any complaints?

relic1981

Veteran
Just bought an I taste v2.0. Got it on ale for 55$ can't wait till it gets here so I can test the hell out of it. I'll def let ya know what I think. Haven't read a bad review yet so I really appreciate you turning me onto this wonderful device. Hope I feel the same way after I get it, lol but it was so cheap and seems like exactly what I was looking for. Big clouds. The pen I made works well now but doesn't hit as hard as I need. Perfect for my wife though.

Latest posts

Latest posts