What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jilly Bean

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jilly Bean

Grower: me
Breeder: subcool. Ms. Jill
Method: flood and drain
Nutrient line: mills

Smell: 9.5. very orange and citrus candy, Tangy. There is a bit of lemon and mango in there too. Makes my nose tingle the same way nycd does, but it does not smell like diesel.

Taste: 9 orange, citrus, sweet.

Look. 9.7 The buds are not the densest, but the calyx formation and frost formation is superb. It breaks up like velvet candy in my bowl. No grinder required.

High: 9. This strain is a heady head stash. If I’m sitting around doing nothing it knocks me out and sends me into day dream land. I did let it go and extra week though. However if I'm out partying and moving around already it does not couch lock me. It was great at a party I went to last weekend. A lot of people enjoyed some joints I passed around. Either way it really turns off that anxious part of my brain that gives a shit.

Overall this strain is awesome. I will grow it again. I recommend sea of green vs scrog. Also she can eat. She can eat a bunch. I coulda gone higher on the ultimate pk.

Hats off to subcool

Last edited:

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nicely done, how many weeks did you take it to? did you experience any kind of giggles?

Looks great bro, ive been trying to grow tga for a while now. But it seems as if.every grow something happens. Tryed to grow vortex twice, first time my dog ate the plant and second time had to toss it. But your jilly will make me give tga another shot. Great results!:tiphat:

SS-

Looking great. Have had a couple request for this one, May just take the dive. I love trippy strains and 9 weeks is right up my alley.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice man, your description sounds much better than I had imagined... did you get this as a cut or did you grow it from seed?

it's good that it doesn't have that Cindy sweet/tart grapefruit rind smell and taste from the space queen...

I may have to give it a try after all, though I know... especially with Sub's gear... it all comes down to the pheno hunt.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would also like to know if its from seed, if it is how many did you germinate?

Infinitesimal, why is it good that it doesn't smell like space queen? I have an agent orange with a citrus rind/ sour smell, I'm guessing that is space queen pheno.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just find that, the space queen smells and taste are way to predominant in his lines... it gets old, not that it is a bad smell or taste, I just wish It wasn't so influential in all his crosses... but that is what happens when all the lines are based off of one single male plant.

why have 50+ different varieties that all share the same smell and taste? that makes little sense to me... but I don't make an ass load of income selling seeds so who am I to criticize? :D if you get what I am saying ;)

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would also like to know if its from seed, if it is how many did you germinate?

Infinitesimal, why is it good that it doesn't smell like space queen? I have an agent orange with a citrus rind/ sour smell, I'm guessing that is space queen pheno.

I grew it from cut. I got 18 of them from dark heart nursery. I have just been growing dispensary clones for the last year. The ones everybody talks shit about. Until they see it done by good growers that it is. Lol

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just find that, the space queen smells and taste are way to predominant in his lines... it gets old, not that it is a bad smell or taste, I just wish It wasn't so influential in all his crosses... but that is what happens when all the lines are based off of one single male plant.

why have 50+ different varieties that all share the same smell and taste? that makes little sense to me... but I don't make an ass load of income selling seeds so who am I to criticize? :D if you get what I am saying ;)

I hear you, I'll see when I finish this pheno how it compares with the rest.

If he didn't have all those lines with just the one dad yeah he wouldn't have much to sell. Not to mention more work selecting males.

I grew it from cut. I got 18 of them from dark heart nursery. I have just been growing dispensary clones for the last year. The ones everybody talks shit about. Until they see it done by good growers that it is. Lol

Nice! I've had clones from dhn , they have legit shit. I think your right, just gotta grow it myself sometime and see.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Damn... She sounds sexy.... Lol went raving.... Your not the type of character I pictured lol...
Ive tried vortex, and maybe spacequeen I cant remember but definitely vortex.... It was ok (mediocre grower)... JB sounds on point how you said she was trippy, and sends you into dreamland. Makes music better, etc. I literally just described my ideal buzz to someone almost using the exact description... Of course a more Sat dom strain, and a special indica.. You'd have a perfect 3 for any occasion

nukklehead

I had an old tga strain called dannyboy that i think shared lineage with jilly bean... nice stuff just as above.. Grew vortex for a while and it knocked your socks off. Wish I never would have lost it. Went on to other strains and now too afraid to go back with some of what is said.

But....... my dannyboy and vortex rocked:biggrin:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I ran it a few years ago and just starting growing it again, got 5 seedlings of it :)

I loved her taste a lot, that was the main feature. The high was very happy and relaxing but not couch lock if you didn't flower it for too long.
I used to pick them at around week 8.
The potency wasn't ultra-high but very nice for an every-day weed.

The main problem I had with Jilly Bean was pretty quick tolerance buildup.

Latest posts

Latest posts