What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TIMER FOR 1000 WATT HPS THAT WONT BURN HOUSE DOWN!?

Azeotrope

Veteran
Grasslin or Paragon time clock wired correctly...... Only reasonable way to go without spending big $$$$$$

ballplayer 2

Are the Sentinel HID-2, Autopilot Master Digital Timer, or Grozone LS series Plug and Play Units? None of the vendors I see online mention if these are plug and play. The vendors say these units are easy and reliable. However, easy and reliable to one person may NOT be EASY and reliable to another person. I am incapable of the wiring necessary for he Intermatic T units, stuff would be a mess if I started messing around with wiring.

I am only looking to control a 600W lamp. I am looking for peace of mind for my lighting control. Thank you for your time and help.

BP2

Jhhnn

Veteran
Lots of different ways to approach it, but the easy answer is a relay box-

http://www.jehmco.com/html/temperature_controller.html

They're widely used with temperature controllers for large heaters in large aquariums, but they'll work just fine with timers, too. Nice people at Jehmco.

There are alternatives for DIY-self'ers, but aren't really much cheaper unless you can scrounge parts.

J

JimmyRow

Hydro farm makes a digi timer, get it last the hydro shop, and that way you can look for one designed to run lights
Never used it, but I've roasted timers and ended up w/ my lights on for a week. Fuckin idiot I know, but ended up w/ a bunch of blue sonja beans.

http://www.intermatic.com/en/Produc...chanical_Switches/24Hour/T100Series/T101.aspx

Only timer I run anymore. Fried the contacts on a "Heavy duty outdoor timer", that was rated for 1100W inductive...With a single 600 mag ballast, and two fans. No plastic junk!
Best wishes, safe harvests!

A T-101 is all I run too. I've had one wired into a 1000w HPS for years.

I also run them on my aquariums. I dont trust a single plastic fantastic aquarium timer. I've seen way too many fail in my years in that hobby.