What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1toke's dual 400 HPS closet grow #6

G

:wave: Hey Mr. GreenJeans! I've been curious about pinching her - but just when I wrestle her around she goes all limp & shit from stress! LOL Finicky bitch I tell ya. I just keep adding ties and coaxing her back to the light zone. Amazons is right - :biglaugh: - 1 1/2" stalk :eek:

Hey dubmantx! Good evening! Yep - same as any bubble cloner - I was running a little low, checked it today and it's a steady 71.5 degrees - those long stone wands are the bomb, it's churning like the surf in there. The genetics research is the shizit man, I loved Ancient & Midevil History in college. When Mrs. Toke and I torched our first bong of this strain we knew we wouldn't need to search any further! A little goes a long long way. :biglaugh:

Evening there sackoweed! :wave:
True, true. This one takes a little more patience - if you can keep the canopy from getting torched with the damn stretch the yeild ain't too shabby for a tiny modest personal grow - last girl gave me 2 ounces of bud and 2 ounces of trim with only 2 branches! :biglaugh: This girl has 37 branches at the canopy level - that's 37 tops to care for. Anything below 4' is just mainly support and most of that gets trimmed for the bubble stash bag. all the good action is up on the canopy! Hard part is keeping the stems from snapping when she starts to fill out the buds, the stalks aren't the mightiest and when the buds start filling to an ounce or so she gets in trouble. :biglaugh: I've got suplimental lighting but I'm putting that to use for the new vegging and sprouting/cloning cab. For these girls 2 600's would be the bomb, but with my tiny space I don't know if I could handle the growth all the way down. Next grow will tell. I'll be happy with 6 ounces off this bitch! :biglaugh: Each grow is a learning process!

Okay - today's update:

Mrs. Toke and I decided these babies can have the guest bedroom! :biglaugh: I have another room downstairs that I was using for a hobby/shop and I'm gonna clean that out and move the guest bedroom into that. So..... with a new good lock on the room door I'm ready for the conversion to begin! The sprouting greenhouse is handy & doing great - I'm gonna continue using that whenever I need to pop beans. I set up a small cab for it and whatever clones can share the space as well. I tore apart the security lights and converted to remote ballast and vented the reflectors:

so, when the sprouts are strong enough I got the lights ready for them. Next, to check on the bubble cloner:

Roots are doing great! And, the training continues for the lanky bitch.

So - lots to do with the new space - time to get that dual hydro tub percolating and plop a couple clones in to see how they like it! I'm also setting up another soil tub -about twice the size of the current one - and soon the sprouts are going into it. Much more to come - this is getting to be fun! :biglaugh:

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
awesome ass grow, i'm looking to get acouple 400watt lights. have you seen a significant increase in your electrical bill? good luck with your grow

:smoweed:

G

Hey A-Loc - thanks for stopping by - good to see ya. Not enough to bring anyone's attention, but as for actual cost, I don't see or pay the bill - our company does. Think of it as adding 4 100w lamps. :joint:

Hey sack! Good to see ya - yeah the pics are being worked on. :confused:

Unfortunately current events have forced me to tear down the grow. I had to tear everything out and get it out and clean it all out. :mad:

Broke my heart. Oh well - we live and learn, I broke my own rule on security and took a chance on someone here. Being a local homie I was hoping we could make a new friend. Our addy may have been compromised - now we're expecting a visit from LEO to serve us a search warrant. I should have taken the FF incident to heart - we all think it will never happen to us :moon:

Better safe than sorry I guess - we will be laying low for a while - don't know if I will post again or not or who we can trust, we'll see what happens. :abduct:

It's a sad state of affairs when we are forced to go to bed every night feeling like threatened criminals just because of our private med of choice and a plant. :wallbash:

Sadly this thread is now closed. :mad: :Bolt:

See update! Still alive and kicking :woohoo:

Thanks for everyone that helped with advice and support - (especially BigToke - So_Quick - FJ - 00420 - packn2puff - OHenry - Zepp - Sinful - Dan - Elk - hazy - Abs & Gr33 - SS - SW - Angry -and anyone else I may have missed), it was great fun while it lasted.

Update - been a week and no signs of surveilance or anything - grow moved but continues!

G

So sorry to hear 1toke,luckily for you it can all start again from a seed as soon as you feel safe, :bat:

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
sorry to hear about that man it sucks. You had a real nice grow going on too. stay safe brutha.

Fuck the police

G

Hey dubmantx! No worries yet mate! Still alive and kicking.

A-Loc, Mr Greenjeans - not to worry - Nam didn't get me LEO can't either! :D :ying:

Hey red145 - yep - like the old song goes - Just sittin' there grinnin' - sittin' on that sack o' seeds. :woohoo: :violin:

UPDATE AND FORWARD
The grow ended up in a safe place away from our safe addy, well, thought it was safe. The Neville's tree is portable, in a big tub. Relocated everything to the back forty.

SPACE - GUERILLA CABIN
The new space we have to work with is a caretaker's cabin 9.5 x 12.5 feet.
As for picking things back up - the clones are doing great - don't seem to mind the new location - 2" roots out now and leaves are showing signs that she's hungry and needs more than just bubbles - so into the dual hydro tub she goes, along with her sister. I saved the male and he's isolated for pollen.

SOIL AND NUTES
Got 4 of the healthiest NH looking ones in their new home - a 25 gal tub. Here's the medium mix for this try:

Premier Pro-Mix (4 cu.ft.) -Made by Premier Horticulture:
This is their outdoor container mix:
85% peat moss
perlite
vermeculite
limestone
water absorbing polymer (crossed linked polyacrylamide)
wetting agent

To that I added:
8 quarts of Scotts 100% Perlite

PH AND WATER ISSUES
I have bags of Bone and Blood Meal on the sidelines waiting on a foul call.
Nutes for this run will be 10-10-10 for vegging like their mom had and 10-52-0 for flower and schedule will be with watering. In these big tubs and mix I like to use SeaChem's PH Neutraliser (7.0) which conditions the water, removing chlorine/chloramide while precipitating calcium/magnesium and removing sulphur and ammonia. I add nutes, the check PH to make sure it falls to 6.5. I have two 5 gal buckets on hand at all times.

During veg these girls like dinner every 3 days or so in my environment. When I flower them they demand something every day. When I water with this mix, I found out that each plant like about 4 pints all around it. During flower they like 2 quarts each.

TEMP + HUMIDITY - ENVIRONMENT
Now - you will always hear about watering frequencies and quantities, and they will all differ with your environment. My temps are 70-80 degrees and humidity is 30-60 %, usually falling within 40% during veg but as the canopy matures it tends to hold moisture in and the leaves add to it, so it normally comes in at 50% during flower. One thing to keep in mind - growing in tubs is different than growing in pot - yeah, I know they are all pots, but there seems to be a difference with root formation. In pots the roots shoot down and out the bottom, in these huge tubs they shoot down - hit bottom - and climb back up. And watering is close to what I would water outdoors in a soil bed, just on a smaller scale.

LIGHTING

Okay - the mom is still flowering and no worse for the wear of her trip - under the two 400w HPS. The cloner is in a small cabinet with an 18" plant floro. The vegging tub has two security light conversions - 100w MH hid. The dual hydro tub has two 150w HPS.

We also have 8 - 48" dual full spectrum floros and a couple of reef tank floro hoods for supplemental if needed, not online at the moment.

So - Semper Peratus and Semper Fi - the grow goes on.

Pics updated as soon as the galleries are back online. You can't miss the results of the bubble cloner!! This is the best thing since sliced bread! :woohoo:

dubmantx

Awsome 1toke good to hear it was a relocation issue rather than a tear down and wait issue! Nice to own a little bit of land i bet! Me and my buddy are thinking of doing an outside grow in a remote small patch on his 1700 acres. Supposedly this is the same spot his uncle grew in the 70s and 80s with no hitch. His uncle actually showed it to him and told him to go at it if he wanted. Anyways I hope you get all your shit set back up again and avoid LEO from here on out!

P.S. you can still link to offsite images... thats what I just did for my update... in case your on another forum or have a yahoo photo album or something.

Sleepy

Veteran
Nice recovery...

Nice recovery...

wow, that sucks. :wallbash:

make this one your best ever!!!

can't wait to see pix!!! :bat:

G

:wave: Hey dubmantx - Sleepy - Mr. Greenjeans - A-Loc - red145 - Sackoweed! :woohoo:

Just a slight glitch in the process! Every grow is different, doncha know! :fsu:

Great to have ya stop by so let's get on with the show, shall we :dueling:

Because of this last incident (whether or not it was just all in our head! :yoinks: ) I'm thinking we're giving way too much info for any watching LEO :lurk:

So, I'll try to stay on track with just the necessary goodies.

Got all moved into the new space, with the WiFi net and the laptop it's only gonna be a minor inconvenience but a major piece of mind.

Ok - let's take stock on where we are and re-evaluate our goals:
Mar 10 - Planted 20 beans
Mar 14 - 18 sprouts
Mar 27 - Transplanted at 6", culled runts and set lites on 18/6
Apr 01 - Topped at 6" (5th node)
Apr 10 - Switched lites to 16/8 - 12" tall
Apr 14 - 31 days old
Apr 17 - Switched lites to 14/10
Apr 18 - Showed sex, yanked all but one male
May 02 - Took cuttings at 4' tall
May 10 - Took more cuttings and pulled obvious phenos
May 28 - 6 weeks into flower, 9' tall, training and tied to bamboo grid

Set up the bubble cloner in the clone cab, the 2 cups on the right are the willow tea experiment - tall in the back is willow tea with an airstone - front right (small butter tub) is just willow tea.

The sprouting greenhouse is cleaned and ready for another batch of beans.

The seedling veg cab is set up with two 100w MH remote ballast and hood conversions:

I don't normally use these Jiffy 7 peat pellets or small sprouting cups, but a lot of growers apparently do so I got them going for comparison sake. One sprout stretched to high heaven and dropped over - just gonna let it fight and survive on its' own if it can.

Next to it we have the 25 gal vegging tub ready for action with a 200w HPS remote ballast/hood conversion.

Got the experimental dual hydro tub online. If you didn't catch it over in Bigtoke's thread, this tub has two 10" net pots filled with lava rock and fed with pumped (360 GPM pond pump) drip/flood lines on each side (2 lines in each pot) which are timer controlled starting at every 3 hours for 15 mins. There are two 12" airstone wands in the tub, one under each pot and supplied with a HD dual airpump.

That should cover it to date! Stop back in for updates later - got to get ready for "work." :dueling:

dubmantx

if your seedlings stretch and fall over try this. Take a drinking straw and cut a slit straight up the side of it. Cut it the length of your plants main stem. Place the straw arround the stem and jam it in the medium. This should hold it upright until its stem develops enough to support itself. Pretty good trick and it seems to work well.

Good to hear you got everything moved and whatnot. Its looking good as usual.

G

Dude that sux. The person that flipped on you is from here?>?
Ask A mod if you can tell us.. If that would be the thing to do. I would like to know who the rat is.. peace.. Sorry hope it all works out for the good..peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has been updated fully.. Enjoy..

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

G

1Toke,
Inspirational is what you are,just little speed bumps on lifes road,and you takem in style,The Show Must Grow On! :woohoo:

G

:wave: Hey dubmantx - red145 - sackoweed! Good to see ya - no worries guys, all is fine. :wave:

The last time I took a chance and actually met someone from the internet was quite a few years ago - and I married her! :woohoo:

We will all have security related incidents throughout our ventures - some are acceptable others cause a panic. This one may just have been on over-reaction on my part, the wife pressured me with her paranoia. :yoinks:

Not to get into anything deep here but just a mention in case anyone encounters the same situation. We met someone and hit it off in chats and PMs and a visit was scheduled, the weekend came and passed and a week went by without word from our new friend. To be safe everything was cleared out and moved in preparation for any LEO visits - then the user reappeared online as though the visit was forgotten - common among stoners! :pointlaug

So the incident (if it can even be called that) is just water under the bridge and an exercise in safe grow room practices.

Now - some updates! Not much going on -the big girl has been banging her heads on the ceiling and I've been scrambling to keep her in check by strapping everything to a safe distance. I will never veg this strain again! :bat:

So, first surprise when I opened to check on her, all my spreading and strapping created too much stress on the main stem and it split in two. I dampened the wound with rooting hormone, squeezed it back together and strapped it snug - hoping that she will heal without yield loss stress.

Here's the canopy at 6 weeks into flower - don't know how much more I can tie her, for now she seems to have slowed down and is under control.

Temps have been steady even with our summer fast approaching and outdoor temps of 80 degrees. The dense canopy is holding humidity though - might be a concern when the buds start filling in, I'll have to keep a close eye on it.

The willow tea experiment was a disaster. I'm going to research the tea making method, I may have over-cooked it. All the cuttings suffered so I yanked them all and saved the healthy ones by relocating them into the bubble cloner.

The dual hydro tub is also a dissapointment so far - I was hoping for more vigor, I will spring for a good nute regimen this week and replace the res. Res temps are great, and the airstone wands and drip feeds seems to be working right - I'm playing with the timer, the original settings of 15 on and 3 hours off may have been extreme - I increased the feed time frequency to every hour.

The next experiment with the beer cups and the large tub - well you be the judge, I'll just post the current growth - they were all sprouted in the same batch with peat pellets (I've always thought these impeded growth) 1/3 were planted in the 25 gal tub and the rest were planted in the beer cups. The beer cups have 200w MH and the tub has 200w HPS - 2 days after transplanting sprouts (13 days old). Tub first:

And the beer cups:

Here's the stretch one dubmantx - keep an eye on it:

OK - that about does it for now. As of today the big girl in flower is 6 weeks since sexing and the sprouts are 2 days old. Off to our life.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
4452May31_2005_034.jpg

1toke - you sure are a good canna-doc! Great repair job, that'll hold her good! :yes:

G

:wave: Hey Mr. GreenJeans! Thanks! Yup - learnin from the school of hard knocks. :bat:

This morning's update - we had a brown out and I had to reset the circulation in the flower cab - everything else appears to be normal. I had to fire up the central air, outside temps are over 80 now.

They dual hydro tub experiment had a minor setback in the loss off one plant - yanked her and replaced with the Neville's male. Now the hydro tub has a Neville's mom clone and a Neville's male clone - we'll have to keep a close eye on this one - but the leaf structure has perked up and looks like it will do OK.

The rest of the pics are the sprouts in the beer cup experiment for comparison, they are doing OK but behind the sprouts in the tub which look a lot sturdier. I think I've been able to identify the seeds and these are not the normal sativa seeds - I think they are interesting phenos - but too young to positively identify them yet. Pics are of 3 days old (after transplanting sprouts).

The stretchy runt - still hanging in there:

The stretchy one from a different angle:

That's it for now - will post pics of the mom and cloner tonight after lights out.

G

:joint: Finally got a chance to get some updates loaded. We had a conversation in chat today about beer cups and big tubs. :dueling:

All sprouts are 17 days old (7 days after transplanting peat plugs). Here's a group shot of all.

Okay - beer cups first - U decide which look better.

And this is the one that stetched so bad dubmantx - if you just let them go and do their thing chances are they will do fine on their own. If I had tried to mess with straws and shit I prolly woulda killed it! :confused:

And then the big tub (25 gals - 4.5 cu. ft.).

Will post these side by side as they grow.

Checked the cloner - snapped more branches trying to tie the mom - dropped them in the DIY bubble cloner - 4 days:

And the hydro tub is holding it's own so far - topped res once - will change res this wekend. The left is the sexed mom clone and the right is the male clone. These will be grown out and seeded for NH gen 3 seeds. The mom is from the original Neville's seed pack and the male is from the 2nd gen seed crop. Res temps are solid at 72, dual feed tubes to each pot are pumped every hour for 15 mins. 100w HPS security light conversion is on them at the moment.

And the mom in the flower closet is at 7 weeks into flower and beginning to structure buds.

That's it for tonight - more updates as they come in!

Sleepy

Veteran
sweet show, 1toke!!!

have you considered running the tubs 24/7??

looks good from here.

peace. :joint: