What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diamond Series XML - 10W CREE XML grow

as promised, here is the current first run with the advancedledlights XML lamp. this lamp is their newest, and contains the cree 10 watts, 4 in total. my first thought was the 10 watt cree's were whiter compared to their other ds 200.

cabinet size 2x2 feet.

strains are mixed and unknown.

:thank you:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 12
  • vert_prod_callouts.jpg
    vert_prod_callouts.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 14

Socrates

Yes! I was waiting to see this. Looking awesome! Similar wattage and cab size to my situation, too, so that's exciting (though this light is definitely nicer). Would love to know more about the specifics of your setup. What size pots are you running them in? How long have they been flowering? Any training? Etc. Also, is this replacing the Diamond Series 200 or 180? I remember seeing a thread of yours with the 200, but above you compare it with the 180, which is why I ask.

vukman

Veteran
NICE!!!!!!! as Socrates mentioned, can you please give us some specifics. I am mostly concerned with times as in how long did you veg and how long in flower please..

They look real nice.. congratz...:)

What size pots are you running them in? -6"

How long have they been flowering? -not sure since i don't keep track of that. but i would say around 6 weeks.

Any training? Etc... -no training, just allowed to grow bushy. but i suspect if i did my dual cola syle, they would look their best.

Also, is this replacing the Diamond Series 200 or 180? -not persay replacing, it was the newest lamp, and i am a led lamp junkie. if my newest test grow works out, i can see running dual ds xml's. (stay tuned for a dual ds200 in about same size space)

I am mostly concerned with times as in how long did you veg? -after 6 weeks in the cloner (cause i am lazy), these were in veg about 3-4 weeks under the lamp.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That new LED light is looking nice. I'm excited to see how your plants are going to finish up under that light.

I was just on the AdvancedLED website and they have a new, larger version of the XML light. It has 10 of the CREE 10 watt leds, it's called the DS XML 350 and its $997. It draws 330 watts of power too.

-Funk

Last edited:

vukman

Veteran
This issue of white light being added into the red/blue LED grow lights is one which is being discussed and tested by a few people and it is proving to be the 'cat's ass' in regards to providing better results...

Things are definitely going in the right direction when it comes to LED's and it's damn nice to see.....Keep up the great work everyone......

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to be negative, but holy shit, looking at the website of the company that produces those lights, I've never seen so many fake reviews 100% obviously written by the company themselves.

Sad to see awesome technology being pushed by such sketchy people over and over again.

so jangles, there are far to many growers using their lamps to prove their success. are you saying my review on their website is a shill also??

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
thank you for starting this thread first off. I have been waitin for someone to run advanceds lights since im lookin into gettin one of their lights. The model you got which os the newer one just doesnt cover as much as i want it to for the moola. keep the pics coming, did they give any kind of discount, did ya get it through their website an pay full pop? it looks lime the white light is centered an not too evenly distributed. Do ya notice that or is it just the pic. If thats the case then a light mover would fix that real quick. Gorgeous plants bro, keep it green.

BrownThumb

Fancy! Do they run as cool as advanced suggests? Since you're running the 130 watt unit, I am betting heat is not an issue. Impressive results for that small of a lamp!

Arthritis_sucks, yes only because i purchased it 'before' they hit the matket. previous customers received a special offer.

BrownThumb, my ds200's increases the overall temps by 5 to 7 degrees in the cabinet. this one is better! heat reduction is the foremost reason i truely appreciate led lamps.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so jangles, there are far to many growers using their lamps to prove their success. are you saying my review on their website is a shill also??

I see zero growers using their lights to make nice buds, including those leafy little buds you're producing, so nope, proof of success requires more than just words and pictures of weak plants.

The reviews all sound like BS straight from a used car lot commercial - clearly shills or the owner themselves, and I feel sorry for anyone who can't tell because it's hilariously obvious.

Phychotron

Sorry to be negative, but holy shit, looking at the website of the company that produces those lights, I've never seen so many fake reviews 100% obviously written by the company themselves.

Sad to see awesome technology being pushed by such sketchy people over and over again.

Sorry your wrong, but those are not all written by the company, their are such things as satisfied customers out there, as hard as that is to believe.

Ive been getting nice dense flavorful buds from my 400DS...

picture.php

picture.php

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry your wrong, but those are not all written by the company, their are such things as satisfied customers out there, as hard as that is to believe.

Ive been getting nice dense flavorful buds from my 400DS...

View Image

View Image

The majority of the reviews are clearly fake, especially on the product pages with only a couple reviews. So full of salesy BS it's straight up hilarious.

And since you put them out there as an example, the buds in your pictures are not big dense buds, those are tiny leafy buds, look unhealthy and not even close to finished in the second picture, and clearly visible is some kind of fluorescent light, so these are not a proper example of buds grown with the led in the first place.

They do look nice and frosty though, sure you're getting high off them and prolly making some excellent hash, but they dont look anything like proper buds grown under the sun or hps.

But to reel this in, I'm not saying anything about LEDs, just this particular vendor and the clearly fake reviews on their website. As I said originally, I think its sad this awesome technology is being pushed by shady people over and over again.

vukman

Veteran
I do not use their product but will say I know a few people who do and they are producing some very solid, dense and extremely sticky buds.

I will not say that there is no falsehoods in advertising.. of course there is... Should you believe everything you read on a web site whose primary goal is to sell you their product? You'd be a fool to do that but these people here have nothing to gain (as far as I know) by saying that they are happy with the product they bought.

It has and always will be 'Caveat Emptor'<<<<<<<<Buyer Beware

jangles, aren't you a joy to know!

next time, keep your critical self off a thread that is proving the led lamp. not everyone caress about your so called dense buds. fact is, this mixed strain never produces dense bud even under the hps i had tuned in.

so jangles, :moon:

Phychotron

And since you put them out there as an example, the buds in your pictures are not big dense buds, those are tiny leafy buds, look unhealthy and not even close to finished in the second picture, and clearly visible is some kind of fluorescent light, so these are not a proper example of buds grown with the led in the first place.

your right, those buds are very premature, in the 5-7 week range out of 11-12. The first is afgoo and the second is chemdog. The fluorescent was only temporary when I had to move the plants to my bedroom after overgrowing a 4x4 tent (shouldnt put a 5' tall plant into flower if you only have 6.5' to grow in :p ) and one of my LED fixtures (a blackstar) broke. It was not used in flower more than a few weeks, and not for both of those crops. I've had a few people tell me that it was the best bud they have ever had in this town.

Bongjangles, do you use LED or are you just upset that its not your daddy's HPS?

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bongjangles, do you use LED or are you just upset that its not your daddy's HPS?

Since you want to get all "yer daddys HPS" about it, LOL, here's some truth for you - my 2K HPS tent produces 2+ pounds every single month of AAA nugs - when you have an LED that can do the same with 2000 watts, go ahead and show us, but right now it doesn't exist and you know it.

And because you asked, I'll fill you in - I use LED in veg and will shortly use LED to supplement a plasma flowering chamber. I also defend LED technology among my peers and here in our chat room on the regular.

What I cannot defend is some sketchy manufacturer loading up their site with obviously fake reviews that read more like a sales brochure than legitimate feedback. When I see that, ima call it out for my peers every time.

You and grow_wrong can get your panties twisted because I called out the manufacturer of your precious lights for their obvious behavior if you'd like - trust I don't care about the opinion of people who defend sleazy companies.