What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Covid-19

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Anyone on IC have or had Covid-19? Was it confirmed by testing?

For the last 3 months I have worn a mask and gloves every time I left my house, but still got it from my better half, she got it from a Zimba class.
I was tested yesterday as I am pretty sure I have it, I will get my test results today or tomorrow.
I was feeling pretty shitty a few days ago, much better now.
We are under quarantine until our symptoms are gone, I am not really worried any more, I just want it to be gone.

Buddha said:
You are born,
You suffer,
Then you die.

-SamS

armedoldhippy

Veteran
been exposed at least twice, on quarantine twice. first test SAID "negative" but was so full of weasel words that it was nearly unintelligible....two pages of bullshit to say "fuck, i dunno man. this type of test might not detect the viral markers in your nasal cavities at that point of an infection. not sensitive enough. didn't bother getting tested second round.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- I've stayed away from other people mostly - but the kids have gone back to school now - so I guess I'll get whatever they get - and hopefully they don't get nothing -

- infection rates shooting up again in the UK -

*glad to hear you are feeling better Sam -

St. Phatty

at the gym yesterday

i felt sorry for the young employee

whose job it was to inform the 5 old people in the hot tub

that the Covid19 designated capacity for the hot tub is ... 4.

They all laughed in her face, more than a little.

it was Super Spreader Sunday in the pool area.

one or 2 Asian families brought their kids.

there were about 10 munchkins yelling & screaming, i.e. having fun.

'Boogieman'

I went to take a test months ago, signed my name and information then waited forever, finally said fuck it and left. Got a call saying I was negative even though I never took the test. I told them I never took the test so they just begged me to come back and said maybe things got mixed up. This was at a local hospital.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Anyone on IC have or had Covid-19? Was it confirmed by testing?

For the last 3 months I have worn a mask and gloves every time I left my house, but still got it from my better half, she got it from a Zimba class.
I was tested yesterday as I am pretty sure I have it, I will get my test results today or tomorrow.
I was feeling pretty shitty a few days ago, much better now.
We are under quarantine until our symptoms are gone, I am not really worried any more, I just want it to be gone.

Buddha said:
You are born,
You suffer,
Then you die.

-SamS

So for a virus (maybe) that makes you feel shitty for a little while, then goes away... before a test can even be finished... even for an old guy with a lifetime of lung abuse... they shut down and ruined the economy.

Did your smell or taste go away?
Was your SPO2 way down?
Other respiratory distress, besides usual stoner stuff?

You do a lot of clean terps, do you think the dope helped or hurt your lungs?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
C'mon now...another thread for republicans to argue that virologists and doctors all over the world are conspiring to make abortion and pedophilia mandatory?!?!

White Beard

These folks aren’t “Republicans” - Biden and Obama are *both* Eisenhower Republicans.

These cats are just useful idiots

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- we all did one of these long-swab tests a few months back - but never got any results from the UK Government/NHS - was thinking I'd get an email at least about it -

EsterEssence

Veteran
Hope you are doing well. Being a hermit grower, hash maker has it’s perks, in this world in which we live. All the best to you and yours...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
So YES I tested positive, no surprise I was 99% I had it.
Sunday I am out of Quarantine I feel 99% normal today.
I think the reason I got over it so fast Deep Dabs all day long except for the one day I stayed in bed and was sick as a dog. No Food, No Dabs, I was not a happy camper.

Stay healthy folks and anyone that says to you there is no Covid-19 tell them to suck a big one. There have been 5 Covid-19 variants in the Netherlands and two are still around with what I got causing 75% of the cases in Amsterdam.

I will be immune for my Covid-19 variant for several months, but I can still get the other variants, so I will continue to wear a mask and gloves when I leave the house in the future.

Be Safe...

-SamS

Veggia farmer

Glad to hear you better. Hope your wife is better too!

And also what MIGHT be the biggest concern is the longtime effects from the virus. Be sensitive too yourself and feel after lungs, heart, kindeys at least, as they may already have some negative evidence on those particular organs from Covid.

I know your into Bio-dynamics, eat good and stay healthy!

OldSSSCGuy

The wife and I got it in early March from an exposure in February. They mis-diagnosed each of us - twice - and at the time we did not qualify for any COVID test available at that time. Smallish town, what few tests were available were for first responders only. By the time the antibody (really inaccurate) tests came around had we past the estimated 90 days they would have even shown. Since then the fat handful of med people been seen by since then they all agree 100% that we were COVIDicized. Wife barely left bed for 2 weeks, lost about 20 lbs. I stayed in bed only 1 week but should have stayed longer, lost 15 lbs. We're older folks and now 6 months later its still taking a toll that remains, especially on my lungs.

It was the most sick either of us had been in an easy 30+ years. Treatments and data are MUCH better now. Get pissed at it and you'll do just fine.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
For me it was a cake walk, 24 hours in bed sick as a dog, then better very quickly, I did have headaches, I never do normally, I did get weak, and I am just regaining my sense of smell in the last few days. My better half should be all better by this weekend. Many times worse than me, but she is slowly getting better.
I also never get colds, I think the THC volumes I use just drives colds away?

-SamS

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Amsterdam? You caught it there? The lack of smell confirms WuFlu. Interesting that the thing passed so quickly, so maybe the solventy terps do break down the virus walls. Did you measure your SPO2 during this?

No HCQ?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
My question being american is....are there world consensus health officials agree on which testing is most accurate?

There is saliva and deep nasal swabs for initial test if you
are symptomatic or suspect of contact to covid-19.

If you have had covid-19 or suspect you have,
than after recovery, there is serology testing,
or blood test for IgG antibodies presence.

No test is 100% accurate, so I advise at least three tests
to confirm covid-19 vs an allergy or flu.

Latest posts

Latest posts