What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super blueberry haze Flash seeds

teide

Veteran
picture.php

The seeded plant however, both showing buds and a nice blue color surely from the BB in the cross..
picture.php

teide

Veteran
Picked a couple of flowers to harvest more seeds and do a little sampling.
It is probably too early to get an accurate impression of the buzz with these tiny buds, but it's nice to at least get to try some of the flowers in stead of just doing a seed run. I will leave it alone for a few more weeks to ripen more seeds, and I expect the plant to rot during that time, so ripe buds will not be possible this season. A little sample of early buds will have to do, giving me an indication of what to expect when starting earlier next season.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
picture.php

I will have a sufficient amount of seeds to play with. Wonder how those will turn out.. There might be more segregation as the strain definitely has varieties, and these seeds are from one super auto crossed with it's brother. I wonder how many other growers have tried to intercross flash super autos. Guess they will require quite some selection. Even crossing with auto will need some selection to get auto or quicker flowering.
once tried to make autoflowering seeds and got a full blown male from some fem muay thai seeds.
only tried the offsprings with the seedsman auto white widow on my balcony and they were no auto. got about 2:1 fem:male ratio, nice mellow sativa but dev no thai high.

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
Hi Bzh,
I never got around to planting those seeds this summer, I plan on growing some next spring.
Hopefully some of them will be faster this time, but I really don't know what to expect..

teide

Veteran
Hi,
Yes, I planted five, they are all photo and will not flower in time. They are quite pretty NLD, no trace of auto genes as far as I can tell.

auto and super auto crossing is that right? not even early or fast version? I'm interested because this type of crossing is planned to make bigger autoflowering. the variety I use is not a real auto in my opinion but a very early one with an autoflowering tendency.

teide

Veteran
I wish my seeds were a cross of auto x super auto. That would give me a chance to find autos with some size. The original seeds seem however to be a F1 cross of photo x auto. Should be faster than a photo but not supposed to be able to autoflower. Intercrossing these seeds, which I did, should give F2s that segregate, giving all kinds of phenos, some of them pure auto, but probably no better versions than the original plants used in the first cross. The point must be finding something that works well in F1. Seems these seeds are not working in my climate.

Koondense

Veteran
It's always a struggle to breed and experiment in extreme conditions.
For example colder climates tend to cause issues to plants that need high energy input during the day, in terms of solar radiation and air temperature as metabolism regulator.
Seems to me the superautos(they should have some eastern europe/balkanic ruderalis roots) still need hotter climates to properly finish. The flower trigger is too long in low temps so they don't even start properly until it's almost time to finish. The bud structure and amounts reflect that.
If I were up north I would probably look into big autoflowers, for a start.
Next I would try the PurpleSatellite from GreenMountainSeeds, it's a very quick sativa(oaxaca x nepal) with great resistence and production. Even if it doesn't properly finish it still produces great bud.
And from there...if you want to play, you can make crosses, add some fast varieties in the mix, other autoflowers...pretty much anything, within your possibilities :)

Cheers

teide

Veteran
Blue Satellite is an exciting suggestion, Koondense, I've had it on my wish list for the Oaxacan genes. Some day🙂.

squatty

Last year I grew a couple of Auto Malawi x NL from Ace and pollinated them with a super auto from Top Tao Seeds out of the Czech Republic.

This year I grew two plants from the seeds I made. The plants leaned heavily towards the super auto. They showed sex at around six weeks and began flowering shortly after. Plants took five months from start to finish. They were started in late May and were harvested in late October. That was pretty close to the timeframe of the super auto strain.

Auto Malawi x NL

PXL_20220813_211253925.MP.jpg

Top Tao Demon Auto Tao male

PXL_20220616_030310150.jpg

Demon Auto Tao female

PXL_20220811_203903561.jpg

Here are the two plants I grew from the cross.

Malawi Top Tao #1 (6).jpg

Malawi Top Tao #2 (10).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts