What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Breeding Indica

yourbuddy

I'm currently looking for a heavy yeilding, short flowering pure landrace indica to pair up with sativas such as nepalese and haze. I was thinking about an afghan strain. If you know of any please list the seedbank if you know it.

Thanks Yourbuddy.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Heard it has crappy yeilds? Also I my f1's will be grown outdoor if that helps.

DC is an excellent choice for breeding. It's a small yielder but crossing it with another strain usually tends to even out. If you crossed with a Haze I'm sure it would yield well. I've done lots of crosses with DC and it really doesn't make the yield lower. I did a cross of C99 x DC and she yields well, even though the C99 was a smaller yielder too. Hybrid vigor comes into place and yields sometime boost. I also notice that DC helps lend bud density too.

C

caseyjones123

Black Indica - short flower time , phat sticky buds ...only can get seeds from Toronto, Ca not sure of exact seed company..

Deep Chunk is not a Landrace... it was until it was acclimated to the cali climate. very good strain, not a landrace.

good luck finding an actual landrace that is as you describe....

MyGreenToe

Deep Chunk has had work done to stabilize it, so yeah maybe it's not a landrace per se anymore. But considering that it's a very stable IBL, in one way it could be seen as better than a landrace, since it's ready to work with from the first seeds you pop. If you have time to grow out several generations of real landrace seeds and do selection, then some fresh off the boat landrace seeds might be what you want. Where to find them? No clue.

I have a couple landrace sativa strains in my seedjar, and when I get to them, I will be using Deep Chunk to do my outcrossing and testing of selections. The predictability and stability of DC make it the perfect breeding tool for working with Sativas, or even just for playing around making hybrids. Should make for some interesting, vigorous f1 generations! Good luck with your project!

I

icon

Im doing the same thing using kiwi seeds hindu kush im going to be crossing it to my landrace nepali & some other strains,

you could also look into x18 a hindu kush from tom hill or another type of hindu kush ibl like kiwi seeds/sensi seeds, they yield well & they are also very stable.

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
I've always heard Mazar-I-Sharif is a good indica breeding strain. But I've also heard that it's low-potency... so...

I'm voting for Taskenti from CannaBiogen...it's an Uzbek Hash Plant, I'm a sativa lover and no other 1 indica comes to mind...and I didn't mind Deep Chunk and Tom is a rockstar, but it's played out and abundant resin on minimal yield doesn't do anything for me. Next 2 worth mentioning are W.O.S. Afghan Kush, and Pakistan Valley, both really, really impressed me, even though I detest feminized seeds and I'm not an Indica fan, at all. You'll fall asleep holding a bong with both....super.

K

KSP

I'm voting for Taskenti from CannaBiogen...it's an Uzbek Hash Plant, I'm a sativa lover and no other 1 indica comes to mind...and I didn't mind Deep Chunk and Tom is a rockstar, but it's played out and abundant resin on minimal yield doesn't do anything for me. Next 2 worth mentioning are W.O.S. Afghan Kush, and Pakistan Valley, both really, really impressed me, even though I detest feminized seeds and I'm not an Indica fan, at all. You'll fall asleep holding a bong with both....super.

I've had my eyes on Taskenti for awhile. Have you made any crosses with it?

I

icon

also ace seeds purple chitral kush or possably chinese yunnan indica & maybe look at canabiogens sand storm

lasko

Deep chunk if you want good resin production, x18 and ptk for yield. X18 and Ptk are closer to landrase, less inbreed as dc - more phenos to choose from

2cent

bambi

the bubble berry i grew in 2005 of tonys sagamartha variety had the huge bubblegum indica pheno in it, the indica pheno clone had a big fat long single cola with few side branchs at the bottom, i crossed it with kodiak gold and by week 7 it really stunk bad and was ready,

its bud stayed dense and tight when dried, i got exactly 2/half ounces dried weight out of a 15 litre pot,grown in dirt yes, under a 400 wtt hid light in a closet, stone wasnt much of a heavy hitter though, needed another potent plant to interbreed with it still, i lost it in the end.

PS: The land race thing slipped my mind, ha' too many bongs tonite perhaps, personal experience with sensi seeds Afghani 1 is id never use these as mother plants in breeding projects again, a tad unstable the quick ones anyhow, as males yes they seem fine.

Pole cat ive got comming in its origional form soon, yet its still just a northern lights plant or rather clone this pole cat and a 8 weeker i suspect,
Ive a grand mikado that really is ready at 42-45 days, not too leafy either,just takes longer to vege up, tastes and stinks like a real bad boy to"

Last edited:
No, not yet. It is slated to be popped again real soon, This is my second pack, not knowing how amazing it was going to be, I didn't bother cloning, I had 8 females out of 10 seeds, not fem'd either, I'm hoping to find a boy Taskenti running into my Grail or, (VIEW AT LINK BELOW)...Real deal, Bros. Grimm p1 Pineapple Cinderella 99, but we call her "Grail" cause she's perfect, Buzz, True Breeding, flavor, Ultra odor, for Cindy99 is known for low odor stealth. Yield, structure....Perfect, look, you'll see. "Grail" got my local celebrity status. Exclusive Pot Snobbery, and Its my favorite Indy and Satie mixed, I also have a awesome boy MNS SSH, he's a stud and I hope to keep him for the next 20 years or so, and If I can find a similar Taskenti that blew my face off, like the first time. Lips went numb with creamy, zingy lemon/lime and minty aftertaste, makes you, at the Buzz is up up up, and your loving life, then time stops and your eyes are red and barely open, head tilted back so you can see. Worth the money, better than the breeder's description, way way understated.
Yeah, I will make several attempts to use this to hybridize landraces and the best of the newer kushes, chems, practical hazes, like SSH, Jack Herer, Mako Haze...I'll dump some for freebies and SFs but that's months and months away.... h_s_s

Last edited:
K

KSP

thanks

thanks

No, not yet. It is slated to be popped again real soon, This is my second pack, not knowing how amazing it was going to be, I didn't bother cloning, I had 8 females out of 10 seeds, not fem'd either, I'm hoping to find a boy Taskenti running into my Grail or, (VIEW AT LINK BELOW)...Real deal, Bros. Grimm p1 Pineapple Cinderella 99, but we call her "Grail" cause she's perfect, Buzz, True Breeding, flavor, Ultra odor, for Cindy99 is known for low odor stealth. Yield, structure....Perfect, look, you'll see. "Grail" got my local celebrity status. Exclusive Pot Snobbery, and Its my favorite Indy and Satie mixed, I also have a awesome boy MNS SSH, he's a stud and I hope to keep him for the next 20 years or so, and If I can find a similar Taskenti that blew my face off, like the first time. Lips went numb with creamy, zingy lemon/lime and minty aftertaste, makes you, at the Buzz is up up up, and your loving life, then time stops and your eyes are red and barely open, head tilted back so you can see. Worth the money, better than the breeder's description, way way understated.
Yeah, I will make several attempts to use this to hybridize landraces and the best of the newer kushes, chems, practical hazes, like SSH, Jack Herer, Mako Haze...I'll dump some for freebies and SFs but that's months and months away.... h_s_s

That's one hell of a description, on Grail and Taskenti both, and Grail she's a beautiful plant. Nice layout on your other albums too.

Thanks for the input on the Taskenti. I got interested in it reading a couple of threads Ickis had about her, he had some nice plants in confields, midwest. It'd be hard to go wrong with Cannabiogen or ACE gear. I've got the China Yunan pollinated with Panama right now, I'm going to pick up the Taskenti and some Puple Paki Chitral.