What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Darwin's Micro Grow - White Widow

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey all! my mate Penguin59 has asked me to grow a clone of his "Maria" White Widow girl we harvested a while back. I've LST'ed it in a little cabinet he made and will be flowering it while he's away. it's under ~80w CFLs, 2 x Warm White, 2 x Cool White, i think the kelvin range is 6700 and 2700 or something for those globes which is good for both veg and flowering stages. cabinet has 2 pc fans, 1 for pulling air in, another for pushing it out and both are covered with light catches to prevent light escaping as this is a stealth grow box. i think the clone's about 2 months old, it had a few issues initially so hasn't grown to its full potential like the other clones taken at the same time, which is part of the reason i'm using it now in this small box as it's got more space to be LSTed and grow, the others are now too big. anyway i've pulled it down to the right, i want to see how the lateral branches go with the extra light they'll now recieve, depending on how vigorously the tip grows i might LST it into a circle or just allow the tip to grow up vertically, give me your tips and advice if you're experienced in this area as this is my first LST/Micro grow, so don't be afraid to pipe up :D i'd be much appreciative!

let me know what you guys thing. we're not really going for huge yield here, Penguin just wants some of his own product for when he's back, white widow's an amazing smoke!

peace,

Darwin!

attachment.php

attachment.php

the foil's been ripped off the back of the box from a previous grow of seedlings as it burned some of the leaves. also the plant may be a little too low from the light so i might prop it up another inch or two.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SNC008031.jpg
    SNC008031.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 13
  • SNC008041.jpg
    SNC008041.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SNC008061.jpg
    SNC008061.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 15
  • SNC008071.jpg
    SNC008071.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 14
hey darwin! Love the micro setup! Are you in flowering yet or are you still vegging? If your flowering already i dont think you will be able to LST it into a circle, unless you have a strain that stretches a LOT. Nice start tho! Good luck with the grow!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah i haven't flowered yet, penguin wanted me too, but the plant would yield bugger all if i did, so convinced him to let me veg it for a while and try LSTing it. yeah i figured if i flowered it now it'd probably stretch a little in the first week or two but after that wouldn't grow much and the LSTing wouldn't do much at all. he grew this same plant through a few months ago and it stretched about half a foot in a week or two of starting flowering so it's pretty stretchy i think. we'll see. cheers for the compliments mate :D thanks for stopping by!

darwin

Penguin59

Awesome thread Darwin! Looks like my babies will be in good hands while i'm away. Can't wait to sample some more home grown smoke :)

Penguin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
thought i'd give a little update, it's only been a few days and the laterals as well as the growing tip are all pointing upwards to the light, only took about a day for that to occur! auxin hormones are amazing i tell you... can turn leaves and shoots around to face light in a matter of hours! anyway i removed one of the leaves that was reducing the amount of light getting to the laterals further down the stem and i think they're growing quicker now. also there're a few tiny little lateral shoots coming out of the bottom of the stem and i wonder now that they're getting a lot of light whether or not they'll expand and grow bigger. we'll see i guess!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SNC008251.jpg
    SNC008251.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 13
  • SNC008261.jpg
    SNC008261.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 14
  • SNC008271.jpg
    SNC008271.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 13

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Great work dude!

Great work dude!

That´s a work of love bro!:ying:
Keeping ones "Maria" alive while he goes away:dance013:that´s proper friendship!:jump:
She´s looking much better in just 24hrs so i guess all is good!
I hope that you dont mind if i let you with a couple of pics from my late WWs. Fav smoke on my book!

picture.php

picture.php

Peace and Light bro:wave:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
wow paulo73 those are some beautiful pics mate! how on earth did you get so much crystal coverage?! ours was nothing compared to that, man i gotta get on the molasses wagon!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

these tiny little buds have about doubled in size, wonder if they'll eventuate into anything significant.

attachment.php

plants growing quick! anyone got any tips on what to do next with respect to lst? i dunno whether to keep convoluting it or maybe just suss out some wiring to put over it and SCROG it... might do that in the end.

let me know what you guys think :D

darwin

Attachments

• SNC008651.jpg
    SNC008651.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 13
  • SNC008641.jpg
    SNC008641.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 14
  • SNC008611.jpg
    SNC008611.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Bagseed at 27days
    Bagseed at 27days
    67.1 KB · Views: 29

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

decided to scrog the girl so cut out some wire and put it over the top. hopefully it goes well. just wondering, when's the best time to switch to 12/12 do i need to just keep going 24/0 until i've filled up the mesh with the plant by threading it through, then as soon as that's down flip? or do i have to do that and wait for stems (colas) to grow up for a while before flipping? cheers

darwin

Attachments

• SNC008871.jpg
    SNC008871.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Mullumbimby Madness0005
    Mullumbimby Madness0005
    82.2 KB · Views: 29
  • SNC008891.jpg
    SNC008891.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 19
  • SNC008901.jpg
    SNC008901.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 14

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Hey Darwin I bet if you gave her a week of 18/6 then went to 12/12 you'd have your whole screen filled in. Looks like you're about a quarter filled in so a week of veg plus two-three weeks stretch and that whole screen should be full

Ca$h

white widow is some bomb smoke - 1 bong toke would always put me on my ass
:laughing:

I wish I wouldn't have lost the seed I found in the 1/4 I had a couple months back...

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Hey Darwin I bet if you gave her a week of 18/6 then went to 12/12 you'd have your whole screen filled in. Looks like you're about a quarter filled in so a week of veg plus two-three weeks stretch and that whole screen should be full

hey noobian thanks a lot for the advice, so you reckon one more week of veg, keep weaving, then for the first 2-3 weeks of flowering you keep weaving it in too and then for the last 10+ weeks let it go and it should be fine?

cheers

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ok so decided to flip to 12/12 tonight, this photo was taken a few minutes before putting it into the first 12 hrs of darkness from 24/0. i think i'm going to have to repot at some point, but i'm going to have to get a wider and low pot to save space for growth above it. anyway here's the pic :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• SNC009241.jpg
    SNC009241.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12