What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THC could treat deadly COVID-19

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...vent-treat-deadly-COVID-19-complications.html

Mind-altering THC chemical in cannabis could help prevent and treat deadly COVID-19 complications by blocking harmful immune response, research shows

University of South Carolina researchers say THC could help prevent a harmful immune response that causes Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
ARDS is a form of lung failure that can be fatal with COVID-19 patients
Researchers performed three studies in which mice were given a toxin that triggers the immune response that causes ARDS
All of the mice who received THC survived, while those that did not died
The researchers cautioned that the promising preliminary results are not meant to encourage people to use marijuana to self-medicate for COVID-19

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I'm hoping they give it to trump and he has a last-minute conversion and DECRIMINALIZES it!

...... think big and pray. :bigeye:

Rico Swazi

Works for cancer so not doubting it a bit

Think we can all agree on the mask everyone should be wearing in public from now on ?

picture.php

H e d g e

This is really old news, I can’t find the report now but I remember it saying that cannabis blocked the ace2 pathway by 73% acting as both prevention and cure.
The following is re. the ace2 pathway and Covid19.. Not cannabis related though.

‘Farzan, a virologist at the Scripps Research Institute’s Florida campus, and other experts believe treatments targeting ACE2, or angiotensin converting enzyme-2, could be the key to unlocking either a coronavirus vaccine or a treatment for Covid-19. The work targeting the receptor is one pathway among dozens that biotech and pharmaceutical companies are exploring as they race to find drugs that could help bring the pandemic under control.‘

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
And it is supposed to stop the storm, AND I firmly believe those terps can't be hurting. That's why I know I am not a super spreader, LOL.

I came close to writing the whitehouse website and suggesting it. Yeah, take it ALL off sch I.

Sunshineinabag

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...vent-treat-deadly-COVID-19-complications.html

Mind-altering THC chemical in cannabis could help prevent and treat deadly COVID-19 complications by blocking harmful immune response, research shows

University of South Carolina researchers say THC could help prevent a harmful immune response that causes Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
ARDS is a form of lung failure that can be fatal with COVID-19 patients
Researchers performed three studies in which mice were given a toxin that triggers the immune response that causes ARDS
All of the mice who received THC survived, while those that did not died
The researchers cautioned that the promising preliminary results are not meant to encourage people to use marijuana to self-medicate for COVID-19

What a great way to get these anal retentive political clowns to imbibe

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Like I keep saying, CBD got the camel's nose in the dope tent. Get enough old church people convinced CBD helps their pain, and it will be a gateway drug to full blown pot. Especially fed level. I wrote the WH and asked them to remove it from the schedule.

H e d g e

If it’s is true that cannabis can prevent/cure coronavirus, then black pepper might be an effective alternative for those suffering from a comorbid fear of herbs..

‘Guineensine
A compound isolated from black pepper, guineensine boosts levels of both anandamide and 2-AG.14,15 It works by blocking the reuptake of these endocannabinoids after their release by cells.16

As a result, levels of anandamide and 2-AG remain higher in the body for longer...this further boosts the beneficial effects of these endocannabinoids.

Beta-caryophyllene is found in many plants, including rosemary, clove, and black pepper.14

Scientists have discovered that this compound directly activates one of the most important endo-cannabinoid receptors, known as CB2, mimicking the activity of some endocannabinoids.

beta-caryophyllene has been demonstrated to:
Reduce inflammation in brain cells,17
In an animal model, improve insulin function blood glucose control, lipids, and vascular inflammation,18
Protect against age-related cognitive decline and reduce levels of an age-related proinflammatory cytokine,19 and
Inhibit breast cancer cell growth.20’

Drewsif

‘Guineensine
A compound isolated from black pepper, guineensine boosts levels of both anandamide and 2-AG.14,15 It works by blocking the reuptake of these endocannabinoids after their release by cells.16

As a result, levels of anandamide and 2-AG remain higher in the body for longer...this further boosts the beneficial effects of these endocannabinoids.

Beta-caryophyllene is found in many plants, including rosemary, clove, and black pepper.14

Scientists have discovered that this compound directly activates one of the most important endo-cannabinoid receptors, known as CB2, mimicking the activity of some endocannabinoids.

So what's more important the alkaloid or the terpene... They just can't shut up about the terpenes can they

H e d g e

So what's more important the alkaloid or the terpene... They just can't shut up about the terpenes can they

I don’t understand your point? Beta-caryophyllene was originally considered to be a terpene but has since been found to bind with the cb2 receptor which makes it a cannabinoid.
Would a rose by any other name not smell as sweet?

Galaxy420

I don’t understand your point? Beta-caryophyllene was originally considered to be a terpene but has since been found to bind with the cb2 receptor which makes it a cannabinoid.
Would a rose by any other name not smell as sweet?

Cannabinoids are terpenes ... they are meroterpinoids ( terpenophenolic)

ULMW

Positive developments in research found in a Cannabis mouthwash.

Positive developments in research found in a Cannabis mouthwash.

Found these useful posts today off the Linkedin Canna Industry pages and felt the need to share as they relate to the development of a Cannabis mouthwash showing favorable results in the battle to combat Covid19
Here is link to the main article

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/medicinal-cannabis-mouthwash-could-help-combat-covid-19-1.5294988?fbclid=IwAR1DwxD9ym01Y-zgE5jOdr-4GcD1Yuzli7kCNdFQK0e1Wc48B7Kt0YIBjCw

here are the ongoing reesearch of the scientists from the article

https://www.aging-us.com/article/202225

official citation Provider: Impact Journals, LLC
TY - JOUR
AU - Wang, Bo
AU - Kovalchuk, Anna
AU - Li, Dongping
AU - Rodriguez-Juarez, Rocio
AU - Ilnytskyy, Yaroslav
AU - Kovalchuk, Igor
AU - Kovalchuk, Olga
TI - In search of preventive strategies: novel high-CBD <i>C</i><i>annabis sativa</i> extracts modulate ACE2 expression in COVID-19 gateway tissues
JO - Aging
JA - Aging (Albany NY)
VL - 12
IS - 22
PB - Impact Journals, LLC
SN - 1945-4589
UR - https://doi.org/10.18632/aging.202225
DO - 10.18632/aging.202225
SP - 22425
EP - 22444
PY - 2020
ER -

this article is more about the cultivars and the research
https://www.aging-us.com/article/202500

official citation: Provider: Impact Journals, LLC
TY - JOUR
AU - Kovalchuk, Anna
AU - Wang, Bo
AU - Li, Dongping
AU - Rodriguez-Juarez, Rocio
AU - Ilnytskyy, Slava
AU - Kovalchuk, Igor
AU - Kovalchuk, Olga
TI - Fighting the storm: could novel anti-TNFα and anti-IL-6 <i>C. sativa</i> cultivars tame cytokine storm in COVID-19?
JO - Aging
JA - Aging (Albany NY)
VL - 13
IS - 2
PB - Impact Journals, LLC
SN - 1945-4589
UR - https://doi.org/10.18632/aging.202500
DO - 10.18632/aging.202500
SP - 1571
EP - 1590
PY - 2021
ER -