What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spring frost veg damage

browntrout

Veteran
I was a bit excited to get the seedlings out of the Ghouse and into the soil before leaving town for 2 weeks. It turned out we had some temps around 0-2C and the plants suffered some damage. Most are reluctant to keep growing after 2 weeks but are certainly still alive. Will these plants be forever stunted or will they get back to 100% veg rate a few weeks from now? about 60% of the leaves wilted on most plants living the inner shoots still alive but browing the top part of the stem in which i topped them.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I think your right on, most will probably bounce back after a couple weeks of tlc, but may not be bad idea to start some more seeds.

browntrout

Veteran
I think your right on, most will probably bounce back after a couple weeks of tlc, but may not be bad idea to start some more seeds.

I feel as though I am experienced enough to tell that 95% of them are going to live at this point, I'm just worried about losing out on growth rate. I've never had it quite this bad.

Seedlings are pretty damn resilient compared to clones in my experience.

troutman

Seed Whore
Misting cool water on plants suffering from a frost can save them.
Even cold water is warmer than ice and will cause it to melt.

Note: Don't use warm water as this can stress the plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts