What's new

HLG 550 - led still light when timer off

irvas

Hi,

Does anyone know what I could do to solve my problem?

I got HLG 550 and when my timer turns off my light is just slightly on, can barely see it. If i plug the light straight in the wall it does not lid at all when off.

I bought like 3 different timers and same problem with all of them. Could anyone guide me so I can get hold of the right one?

Paniiic over here, need to put into flower but afraid of hermies...

Thank you in advance!

irvas

I am sure it has to be the timer, because when i plug it in a power strip it does not lit at all.

But i just bought a new timer today and still the same problem. Is it a mechanical timer that will do the job?

The one i got now is digital, so can that be the issue? I live in europe where I cant order from amazon and they dont have the same one in my country, so need to figure out what kind of timer i need to look out for

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
From my understanding, you want a mechanical, grounded timer. In the US that means it is a 3 prong plug instead of a 2 prong plug. I don't know what that would mean for your area. You might try asking in a non english subforum if that helps. https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=27 Good luck!
receptacles.jpg

a12

I also have hlg 550, first time running. When I read I went to check mine... here is fine - no light when timer off, using digital timer 15A.