What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Only

ClownKiller

Anybody who wants to use godans correctly needs to read this thread thoroughly. Lots of wasted time and money is lost dialing in the little boogers just right.

Thanks for your help way back HighGrade, and for sharing the knowledge still

Cannabean

Your plants look fantastic. I love to see grows that challenge what we all think we know about growing. This thread has the potential to be another wealth of knowledge similar to the 'coco trees' thread by DJM.

What are the size of the clones you take? What size rockwool are they rooted in? Would love to see some pics of the clones/cloning method. Awesome stuff!

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
He abandoned his other thread too. Lol.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=304167

He can definitely grow some A grade dank, but he tends to have a big head and talks down to ppl. In his defense, a lot of the small growers start hating on him because of his big head and get an attitude back. I personally don’t have a problem with him. I imagine he doesn’t post much because of all the negative stuff that goes on in his threads. Wish he would post more. Eventually the ppl that can’t take his strong personality will leave his threads alone. He seems to have a whole lotta knowledge on everything grow. :tiphat:

Easy7

Veteran
Dude knew his stuff whether people agree or not. The thing is there isn't enough market for everyone to live the big shot dream. People know that and get upset.

This is the opposite of Coco trees lol too many plants and no Coco! Haha

2 totally different setups that require different types of workflow.

This setup is ideal for those with high plant counts and lots of room. Rockwool is nice for that being so easy to transplant and keep clean. Also can pull mad weight from a small block in a short amount of time if done right.

Coco trees is more for people with lower plant counts and have time to veg.

I'm running a dead rez now, using bleach in promix and it's working out good but I can't wait to get back into Coco and try it sterile.

I think if you added .02 ml of bleach to your rez it might take the algae away, also h202 should work as well. Not sure if you using any Bennie's , if so then nevermind, just try using some enzymes.

he didn't mean the technique was the same he meant the potential of knowledge high grade has to share is equal if he ran a full journal and answered all questions. I agree this could be the reference manual rockwoll thread of IC if he did a full journal and answered all questions!

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Agree with the last few posts. Trouble is there's too many people on here with a tent grow who think they are pros. Commercial growing is a whole new ball game. Handwatering 5 plants is a piece of piss. Room fulls are a different thing completely and you need to actually start using proper agricultural methodology

Agree with the last few posts. Trouble is there's too many people on here with a tent grow who think they are pros. Commercial growing is a whole new ball game. Handwatering 5 plants is a piece of piss. Room fulls are a different thing completely and you need to actually start using proper agricultural methodology

This is exactly why my first questions to him were what best practices from this scale would be applicable in most 4-10k grows that most people don't do. I'd love to be able to read the actual EC and NPK of my medium but I'm sure that functionality is thousands and isn't justifiable at my scale as the cost of equipment vs the R.O.I. doesn't seem like it would make sense.

yo @High Grade Only first of all, your setup looks amazing and your results show! idk why there are so many dumb haters trying to tell you what to do when you obviously know whats up !

I see that your running hugos with huge plants in them. I run rockwool and fill up a 5x5 tent with 4 5g smart pots.

Do you think someone could fill a 5x5 with 4 plants with your rockwool setup- a smaller block ontop of the hugos?

Bro, no offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about. The only leaf discoloration you see is in flush week( no plant should finish being green). We use grosens meters provided by grodan to monitor the ec of the block. Inside the block it can exceed 9 ec with proper dry downs. We hit as high as 3.9 ec going into the block. We do not use liquid nutes, we use precision irrigation practices and ec levels laid out by grodan. Mixing tanks are pH'd to 5.8. The feed is .5 gph so the tanks will drift to 6.2 ish over the course of 8 or so hours of feeding drain to waste

You definitely have the pictures to backup what your saying ! amazing work my friend ! I know this is a old post and you have not posted in a while.. I do have a few questions for you though , are you using C02 ? I am currently using Coco and am thinking of going over to rockwool to make things simpler... I currently use Liquid but would love to switch over to Raw salts.. Anyways you have some badass grows !

bs0

Why are your lights so far from your plants? What made you go rockwool/drip vs other options?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Bummer guys a goon. Why post then act like that. Having a conversation is one thing, throwing insults is another. His response to Gano was bunk. But whatever.

The tech he is using is 90's tech. High ec blocks on tables under 1k. what's the big deal here? Having the vendor hold your hand while growing and now you are some kind of genius??

I can taste the hay from here.

Notice he didn't mention anything about refractometer readings. Nothing at all about the brix levels, only massive salt numbers. When feeding that hard paying close attention the the brix levels in the plant is key.

You want to see someone who grows on a large scale properly and can hold a proper conversation check out RB26.

Smh