What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When Can I cut males and place them in a cup of mod h20

Dr. J

Hey amigos! I recently found some males coming in week 2 of flower from some reg seeds. I want to harvest the pollon from them, I don’t want to risk them in the flower room. I have seen a couple people cutting the branches with the pollen and placing them in a cup of h30 with some parchment or foil underneath to catch the pollon. So my question is when Can I cut them and place them in a cup of h20. The sacks that are formed with they just open up after some time or do I need to wait till they open to cut? Thanks for any help!

P

~Papillon~

Hi
you have to cut before the pollen bags open.
they will continue to produce pollen even after the cut.
all the best

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wait until the first pollen sacs start to open if you can (or as near to that as you dare), and then cut the branches. they start to open from the bottom of the branch upwards. you want as many fully formed pollen sacs as you can.
change the water every few days so it doesn't go bad and rot the stems.

VG

If you wait until you see open sacks I guarantee there will be some already open and pollinating your crop. I'd cut them as soon as you see sacks forming. You'll have plenty of pollen

Latest posts

Latest posts