What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD and High THC hybrids

N

new3

Anybody run a high THC and a High CBD hybrid?

was wondering what effects could be had with a high THC and a High CBD hybrid

For example Erdpurt X Malawi

GoatCheese

Veteran
Anybody run a high THC and a High CBD hybrid?

was wondering what effects could be had with a high THC and a High CBD hybrid

For example Erdpurt X Malawi
Hi.
With some CBD in the smoke, the effect is more calm and clear than with THC-only weed. The effect is more close to smoking traditional hash than normal home grown weed, if there is some CBD in the plant.
CBD also takes away some of the over powering/rushy effects of cannabis, so the effect is more "kind" than with strong THC-only weed.

Sativas will still feel like sativas and indicas like indicas even if there's some CBD in the plant, CBD does not change that.

I personally like some CBD in the weed rather than some THC-only weed.

bigbadbiddy

I personally like some CBD in the weed rather than some THC-only weed.

Most people do, they just don't know it yet.

You have people do the whole "greening out" thing with hybrids that aren't devoid of CBD but just lean slightly towards THC. Imagine how often that would happen if CBD devoid hybrids became the norm.

I'm pretty sure a lot more strains would get the labels "racy" and "paranoia inducing".

GoatCheese

Veteran
Most people do, they just don't know it yet.
Yea, good amount of CBD in the smokes will "soften" the effect of cannabis very nicely.

Maybe if people like to get F'ed up with weed, CBD might not be their cup of tea, but for people who like a nice buzz and not to be so spaced out, i sure recommend the CBD-rich stuff.

It's also nice to mix CBD-rich weed with your favourite THC-only weed to change the effect a little bit, and to find the best combos that will work for you personally.

As i mentioned earlier, with a good amount of CBD in the smoke, the effect is "kinder"; more calm/centered and not as "druggy" and over powering as with strong THC-only weed.
:)

N

new3

Does a plant with high thc levels and no cbd levels compared to the plant its crossed to that has high cbd levels and no thc levels but with its cbd levels lower than the first plants thc levels its crossed to see its level of cbd increased without regard to phenotypical expression in the progeny?

example Malawi 22.81% thc 0.84% cbd X Erdpurt 0.5% thc 12% cbd

Is the same mechanism for oil production the same mechanism for producing both thc and cbd?

My thoughts are that the same mechanism for oil production in plants are averaged when crossed and also the mechanism for type also averaging thc and cbd levels. Am i wrong?

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
This is just something i noticed by looking thru lab reports on different CBD rich plants. It seemed the "maximum" % of CBD and THC combined was around 25%+, so about the same as with THC-only plants. Sure there are even more potent plants, but usually potent THC-only cannabis people smoke and grow is around 20-25% THC.

Some had more THC than CBD and the other way around. Many times when the CBD % was high, the THC % was lower.

I'd imagine when you cross two potent cannabis plants you get potent offspring, and how the THC/CBD ratio will be mixed, most likely has to do with the traits of the parent plants, just as it is with making THC-only seed/lines.

When breeding plants of high CBD with high THC plants the end result resembles a Punnett Square.

Example if both are heterozygous Aa for the trait you are breeding for then 25% of offspring will be high CBD, 25% will be high THC, and 50% of offspring will be mixed THC/CBD.

The results will be different if the parents are homozygous or recessive. Please look up Punnett Squares.

thal

I just got results back a strain I am testing out. It was 15 percent THC and 13 percent CBD. I am considering crossing it with one of my 30 percent strains. I probably won't get to that until this summer though.

I just got results back a strain I am testing out. It was 15 percent THC and 13 percent CBD. I am considering crossing it with one of my 30 percent strains. I probably won't get to that until this summer though.

that sounds amazing i can only imagine what the effects are

and what a strain would look like with those numbers from a different background would effect like

I have seen high cbd indicas and sativas and was wondering if there is a difference in effect produced from the former or the latter?

thal

that sounds amazing i can only imagine what the effects are

and what a strain would look like with those numbers from a different background would effect like

I have seen high cbd indicas and sativas and was wondering if there is a difference in effect produced from the former or the latter?

I have only worked with a few high and strains. The newest one is supposed to be a sativa but I haven't been able to smoke it yet. The other two strains have been slightly indica dominant hybrids. When I am finally able to breed this I will make a variety of crosses and see what works the best. I think a strong sativa would make it very interesting and useful.

ECtraveler

Veteran
:shucks:
picture.php