What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Viparspectra?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
jellyfish.. which ones you have??? i got the 300w, and if u go by their wattage, the '3' i had should be suff (or close to it) for a 4x3.5ft tent- they were woefully inadequate...

I use the 450 Model, which, according to Viparspectra's instructions, "is designed to cover a 2.5 X 2.5 feet area." I use one 450 in a 3X3 area, and it works fine.

If you have a4X3.5 ft. tent, you need at least a 450, or you might need two 300's.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I use the 450 Model, which, according to Viparspectra's instructions, "is designed to cover a 2.5 X 2.5 feet area." I use one 450 in a 3X3 area, and it works fine.

If you have a4X3.5 ft. tent, you need at least a 450, or you might need two 300's.

i used '3' 300watters...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Sorry, you did say that. Maybe the 300's aren't any good, I don't know. I have no experience with them.

I actually messed up one run because I had the lights too close (yes, there IS such a thing as too much light). When I raised the lights to about 18 inches, I found the sweet spot, and I've been rolling since.

I guess if I had your experience with the 300 model, I probably wouldn't want to try the 450, I get that. But I really like mine, and my plants do too!

houndog

I have 2 x 450 Viparspectras in my 39" X 39" tent. I follow the instructions for height according to the manufacturer, I have used lower levels and some strains handled the light intensity while others didn't. Have used this brand for several medical grows...they work fine for my purpose.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I have 2 x 450 Viparspectras in my 39" X 39" tent. I follow the instructions for height according to the manufacturer, I have used lower levels and some strains handled the light intensity while others didn't. Have used this brand for several medical grows...they work fine for my purpose.

Exactly right.

The Joker1

That sounds silly, maybe instead of "led" write "viparspectra" ;)

I'm no longer a commercial grower, just a hobby grower. The absurd costs of LED's would require substantial growing for them to pay for themselves. Not the cheap crap I'm using but the good ones. But... for a lot less money I have a Gavita DE 1 K and a couple of Lumatek ballasts . I also sometimes veg under HPS and put them out to finish in the fall, which is also way nicer than LED. Too much effort to build, too much money to invest. I have a nice little set up that can handle the heat, so no worries. I live near Lumatek so I can get a ballast and bulb pretty cheap from them. Would never pay 1200 for a light. This cheap LED was about the cost of a good bulb.

I don't see the cost and effort being worth it. A good Gavita DE 600 or 750 would be cheaper and give bigger denser buds. I used to pull 22-26 oz per light before I got bad genetics and bad advise from a bullshit artist I thought was a straight shooter. Back to square one and it's about quality head stash. I like dense buds.