What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blueberry oh Blueberry... Which should I choose?

bigbadbiddy

He didn't loose both parents, just the male. He replaced it and people have complained more about BB than in the past since then. Take that for whatever it is worth.

@MountainBudz
Did you pop any of those seeds yet?
I am sure I am not the only one anxious to hear about your findings.

I had 30 peakseeds BB myself, germed 5 of those and flowered out 1.
I was very disappointed but am not done with the line whatsoever as it was probably mostly due to my errors. I had a lot of issues that round which were probably both responsible for the poor germination and end result. So I am still planning on popping the remaining 25 asap.

I flowered out 3 females overall from peak, 2 C99s and 1 BB. They had one thing in common, which made me a bit disappointed with the seeds I got from peak: Lack of potency.

But again, at this point, I am still willing to chalk that up to my mistakes etc. and will run it again asap as I said. Would still be happy to hear from someone else in the meantime.

Because it would really bum me out if peakseeds gear was actually disappointing. Mike was the most pleasant person to do business with out of the entire seedmarket I spoke to. That man is awesome and I still hope his genetics are, too.

One last tidbit:
Peak's Blueberry is derived from DJ's, Dutch Passion's AND Sagarmatha's Blueberry. Mike basically wanted Blueberry and knew that DJ had given seeds to both DP and Sag. I think if Spice of Life was still up and running back when he bought his seedstock, he would have included those as well.

Anyway, he selected from all three lines, according to himself. Where the mums and dads came from in the end, nobody knows. If he crossed a DJ with a DP and then crossed the DJxDP to the Sag or whatever, nobody knows.
Although I haven't asked Mike directly yet.... He might tell us, I found he is nobody who hides behind "unknown strain" and he has shared quite a bit of good info with me when I spoke with him.

Again, can't understate this: Good dude over there at Peakseeds.

clearheaded

I would imagine the pure blueberry and/or . blueberry muffin edition as crosses would be watered down with kushyness or cheesyness

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Well dank.Frank mentioned VG’s BlueDigiBerry F2s and zamzia provided the info link. I think if anyone’s interested in Blueberry they should read that thread. It’s why I grabbed BDB.

I have eight BDB plants vegging right now. One already smells of blueberry muffins. These plants stink in veg. It’s been awhile since I’ve grown plants that put out this much stink in veg without being rubbed or disturbed. I find myself sticking my head in the tent just to smell them - and the smell isn’t contained to the tent.

Just starting to be able to confirm sex and looks like most are girls. Once all declare sex the girls will be up-potted and put into flower. Most likely this weekend. Getting ready to inspect pre-flowers right now. Meaning I’ll be disturbing them, and believe me, when doing so the smells are wonderful. Definitely encouraged by the stink level.

Just snapped this pic before I start inspecting:

picture.php

oldbootz

Veteran
I also grew out VGs bluedigiberry f2s. The high on most was quite strong and there were a few different flavors coming off them. A definite blueberry muffin smell off a few phenos. The range of smells was berry / skittles / fuel / burnt tire. I found phenos ranging from short stubby to stretchy leggy sativa. The best ones were in between. The plants are very beautiful. I got another pack in the fridge since I had a good experience. The high on my #2 pheno was really fantastic.

Miraculous Meds

Theres a few misconceptions here that need cleared up. Dj's bb mother and father are the same.
dj's bb mother
picture.php

I just saw the bb dad alive and well. Wish I took a pic, but well, I was stoned. I did get some pics of the new f4 mothers from r n d!

Heres how I break it down. Dj breeds for 1. effect 2. hollow stem 3. blue hues. Pretty much all of his females out of the f5 have those traits locked in. So flavor was a secondary concern. If you desire those traits most, this is where you want to start. After rethinking it, I should have said dj breeds for 1. effect 2. effect 3. effect, its all about the effect of the final product. Does it do for you medicinally or recreationally what you want? Everything else is secondary. Many traits are in those genetics. I think hollow stems, and blue hues may have just came along for the ride, with the effect he was looking to lock down.

The euro and Canadian seed co.'s used his seed stock and selected their own parents. my guess is they favored more commercially viable traits, like vigor and flavor. that's why earlier releases from the other seed co.'s are all different than dj's bb.

I don't know about the other seed co.'s, but if you desire the full flavored bb trait, either making f6's with the best flavored male n female dj f5's, or out crossing with some bb genetics in the male is the way to go.
Heres my cross of death star x whitaker blues
picture.php

Its the most bb flavor ive had since I first was introduced to bb in 95. I wish I had more f1's to pass out to you guys but its a very limited number, and I want to make f2's to carry it on.

I have ran a cut of gf x bb that was excellent but not full bb flavor. I picked up all the chimera bb crosses he did with dj, as I think there is bb gold in there.

Also I picked up some blue digi berry like schmaivis's. Ive followed its story for quite a while now, and some great examples have been found. Just a heads up for anybody not in the know, any cross Dank Frank used his digi bx male on is a good place to look for the bb flavor. Stank Bros is there name. Great bb infused genetics from great icmaggers!

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Good eye elianus. Funny how many times this guy has gravitated to certain threads to just "share his bad experience". This is like the fourth thread he's came out of the woodwork. Glad you remembered when he admitted his real issues.
Budsicles- you don't have time to catalog proof, but you have time to talk negatively about Blueberry every single time you see a Blueberry thread. Interesting. It's a touchy strain not made for BEGINNERS.
No disrespect to anyone else who has shared their bad experiences, there is a big difference between you and this guy.
I'm running some new Blueberry stock right now (litterly because of many threads like this) straight from dj. Not repackaged fake stock from a shady seed bank. Anyone can feel free to watch them finish (about ready to flower them now). It's in the dj section forum. If you get seeds straight from the source, you won't be disappointed....

Last edited:
G

growhigh1233

im in the process of selecting a male from a cross of dj shorts blue male x to my prize bulletproof blue ............. and im gunna back cross it to the bulletproof mother again

if this 3/4 Dutch passion reg... 1/4 dj shorts line produces females worthy of the blueberry name, i will send some seeds in

self

Kinda funny... i was just watching an interview with Phylos. They said DJ Short sent in a handful of Blueberry to sequence, but the genetics were all over the place. They didn't match each other or other blueberry cuts.
some breeder...
honestly, the negative reports on DJ shorts Blueberry are everywhere and have been common knowledge for a decade.

His main talent has been self-promotion. He really is not relevant today. I dont believe he follows the procedures out lined in his book. If he did his genetics wouldn't be so fucked.

If you want old school blueberry find a reputable breeder with the blueberry cut who has out crossed it and select from that pool. You'll be way closer to what you want than digging through DJs watered down, in-bred line.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
im in the process of selecting a male from a cross of dj shorts blue male x to my prize bulletproof blue ............. and im gunna back cross it to the bulletproof mother again

if this 3/4 Dutch passion reg... 1/4 dj shorts line produces females worthy of the blueberry name, i will send some seeds in

Attaboy! Thanks!

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Kinda funny... i was just watching an interview with Phylos. They said DJ Short sent in a handful of Blueberry to sequence, but the genetics were all over the place. They didn't match each other or other blueberry cuts.
some breeder...
honestly, the negative reports on DJ shorts Blueberry are everywhere and have been common knowledge for a decade.

His main talent has been self-promotion. He really is not relevant today. I dont believe he follows the procedures out lined in his book. If he did his genetics wouldn't be so fucked.

If you want old school blueberry find a reputable breeder with the blueberry cut who has out crossed it and select from that pool. You'll be way closer to what you want than digging through DJs watered down, in-bred line.
When was the last pack of Blueberry you cracked into? If so please include a picture.
Crazy to me that with all of the effort it takes to grow a seed from start to finish, it's too much of a task to take a photo of the pack and the finished plants. I still have yet to run into one person out of the tons of people like you who has grown NEW LEGITIMATE dj Blueberry from a reputable retailer and have gotten trash plants. I just wish the many people who think the only good place to get Blueberry is anyone other than dj, could show proof of why....

I have an extremely hard time believing dj would send phylos any seeds...... Please Reply with how I can find that interview. Because if they claimed that, I'd bet it's a lie completely.

Last edited:

BigPhil

Veteran
I was gifted some Blue Satellite 2.2 seeds a fews years back. Here she is at 70 days. Had a phunky smell, I don't think it was blue. But I will see what a cure brings out.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts