What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Strains Info

Stoxx

If you look through literature, there are also very useful accelerating techniques that pertain to avoiding full-life-cycle allogamous propagation but rather in vitro techniques. Search encapsulation. Same science as man-made caviar.

It would help on stabilization but you have to pair with an effective screening system. This could also be what the 'selective cloning' referred to.

The next stage for all of this I think is transgenic crop which we have the technology for. I just hope the small-timers can keep up-to-date before the powers to be assist and complete biopharma's monopoly over these drugs.

Stoxx

moondawg

Throw these heretics out!!!!! FIGHT THE CBDers! THEYRE OUT TO DESTROY THE CANNABIS PLANT AND THC!!!! THEY WORK FOR THE U.S GOVERNEMENT!!!!!

This is a plot to destroy marijuana and to destroy thc in all cannabis strains. These infidels have already isolated the amounts of cbd that it takes to eliminate any effect of thc.

I say TAR and FETHERS FOR THE CLAIMJUMPER!!!!!!!

Ruosk

Throw these heretics out!!!!! FIGHT THE CBDers! THEYRE OUT TO DESTROY THE CANNABIS PLANT AND THC!!!! THEY WORK FOR THE U.S GOVERNEMENT!!!!!

This is a plot to destroy marijuana and to destroy thc in all cannabis strains. These infidels have already isolated the amounts of cbd that it takes to eliminate any effect of thc.

So, you're saying cannabis of today, that generally has very low CBD content, is the "real cannabis", not land races and natural cultivars with a large variety of different chemotypes? I'm glad more CBD-rich strains are emerging again, they are good medicine for a lot of ailments including but not limited to anxiety and sleep disorders I personally suffer from.

Worry not, there will always be more heady strains too, idea of ruining cannabis by replacing THC with CBD would be an undertaking of colossal proportions and as such is a paranoid fantasy. Maybe you'd need some CBD in your day to day smoke? ;)

moondawg

THE CIA HAS HIRED ONE OF THE TOP BREEDERS IN OUR INDUSTRY TO DEVELOP STRAINS VERY HIGH IN CBD AS PART OF THEIR PLAN TO INFECT/POLLINATE ALL OF THE WORLDS CANNABIS SO THAT THE EFFECTS OF THC CAN NO LONGER BE EXPERIENCED!!!

THE ARE USING "MEDICAL" AS THEIR COVER!!!

MAKE AND SAVE ALL THE SEEDS YOU CAN SO THAT A SUPPLY OF REAL CANNABIS REMAINS. BUY NO SEEDS HIGH IN CBD! CBD IS NOT THE IMPETUS OF COUCHLOCK!!! ITS A LIE STARTED BY THE GOVERNMENT!!!!

DONT AID IN THE CONTAMINATION!!!!!! DONT BE A PART OF THE PLOT!!!!!

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
THE CIA HAS HIRED ONE OF THE TOP BREEDERS IN OUR INDUSTRY TO DEVELOP STRAINS VERY HIGH IN CBD AS PART OF THEIR PLAN TO INFECT/POLLINATE ALL OF THE WORLDS CANNABIS SO THAT THE EFFECTS OF THC CAN NO LONGER BE EXPERIENCED!!!

MAKE AND SAVE ALL THE SEEDS YOU CAN SO THAT A SUPPLY OF REAL CANNABIS REMAINS. BUY NO SEEDS HIGH IN CBD! CBD IS NOT THE IMPETUS OF COUCHLOCK!!! ITS A LIE STARTED BY THE GOVERNMENT!!!!

Put the pipe .... down... and ... back... away... from ... the ... computer..... you may as well be screaming 'the sky is falling!', chicken little.

CBD is an incredibly effective cannabinoid for a plethora of medicinal applications. That it does not get you high, does not mean it is evil.

Is it not OK for people who don't want to get high to also be able to benefit from the miraculous nature of medical cannabis? CBD actuates a completely different set of cannabinoid receptors within the body, on immune cells, in the gastrointestinal tract, and at a vast host of other sites where THC does not bind.

THC has its applications, CBD has its applications - as do a host of other cannabinoids. I have seen the effects of CBD first hand, through demand from compassion clubs, to personal experience with close friends and family. If you don't believe its effectiveness, you have not done your homework.

The amount of THC rich cannabis clones and varietals that are available is staggering, and the gene pool is secure in the fridges of millions of stoners and cannabis aficionados worldwide.

You concerns are meritless, based in fantasy, and have no basis in actual fact.

Respectfully,
-Chimera

jenery

Great thread Stoxx, happy you found the way to icmag and post your knowledge here as well, good luck and thanks again for the interesting info.

Ouzo180

Quite the conspiracy theory there...just makes you look cracked to me. It's nice that many of us can just enjoy the fun benefits of cannabis but there are many out there who can/will benefit from its other cannabinoids. I can't say it would surprise me to find out some govt agency was looking into it, but I don't think it matters as it's a logistically terrible idea for getting rid of THC anyway. It's not like we all wind pollinate our cannabis...

fungzyme

Uh oh, moondawg - your warnings come too late!!!! The government has gotten to Chimera, too!!!
Probably 'infected' him with their insidious 'mind pollen'...

Stoxx

:ying::dance013::ying: TWIRLY TWIRLY TWIRLY

hahaha.. hopefully you're just joking. It is not scientific, but I can say from personal experience, I've not enjoyed smoking too much of pure THC strains. I start getting serious brain fog. Chimera has a background in neuroscience so I bet he can tell us about the prefrontal cortex or hippocampus and the CB receptors there.

I can tell you for myself personally, CBD mitigates these effects of not knowing what I was talking about mid-sentence, or forgetting things due to being in a potent THC cloud. THC fog is extremely undesirable to me. My experience has been that CBD also makes for a smooth ramp up on the 'paranoid' or racy strains, and also increases focus.

I can also tell you for many IBD, IBS, and other digestive illnesses, CBD has worked wonders. Better for me than your pure small single molecule pain killers, anti-inflammatories, anticholinergics, antispasmotics, etc. with really harsh side effects. CBD is also reported to have anti-psychotic and anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effects, which I definitely do appreciate, though I do not suffer from either.

It is not CBD is to weed as anatabuse is to alcohol. For you recreational users, it should be considered a compound that changes the characteristic of the high not eliminates it or makes it intolerable. Don't like what it does? I recommend you try something else.

If you're into nerdy reading as I am, McAllister et al. about CBD and cancer coming out of California Pacific is interesting.

Stoxx

___
CA215/SB420 compliant. Not to be construed as legal, growing, or medical advice.

Stoxx

You might be right. Especially these guys with access to expensive labs and insist on mating hemp to cannabis. :woohoo:

Tar and feather is too nice!

All joking aside, there is a conspiracy against cannabis in general. And this is not coming from 'CBD'ers' but the biopharmaceutical industry, and misguided right-wing or religious interests.

Every year there's a poster for the best selling pharmaceutical blockbuster drugs. If you cross that list with all the things cannabis as a cocktail drug has the potential to treat, you realize that there could be billions of dollars at stake.

There are also many misconceptions about cannabis propagated by both sides (MJ has not produced any deaths-- untrue think car crashes, MJ smoke is safe-- untrue, MJ causes psychosis-- untrue, MJ is a gateway drug-- untrue, MJ causes permanent brain damage-- untrue, MJ has no negative side effects-- untrue think brain fog, respiratory damage due to smoking, etc.)

Fighting lies with lies will never ever work. Only transparency and a persistent attack from a platform of compassion, healing, and justice will reverse this insane criminalization of marijuana.

Stoxx

______
CA215/SB420 compliant. Not to be construed as legal, medical, or grow advice. Please follow your laws.

Tepzoo

When I backcrossed to a plant I had about 10 times, I got a stretchy indica that had rock hard buds. I called it Rocky. It had the look of OG type buds but had no head high at all, none. What you could feel was the body stone. Might have been good as a medical weed, no good for anything else...

I have been looking for this type of strain for soo long time now. A strain giving a body stone and no head high at all. VenturaHwy, do you have seeds of this strain? :)

jayd

all body and no head sounds good . ive tried a few cbd strains and all of them tasted very woody/earthy. not nice to smoke really.. would be interested in a very body hitting cbd strain what tasted fruity

Lolo94

Just started Panama Red CBD from Equilibrium genetics. Supposed to be daytime smoke with high CBD. Time will tell.

Latest posts

Latest posts