What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deadhead og - cali connection

Z

zooty

I wouldn't touch swerves gear again, maybe you'll be alright with the regs but a lot of his gear will turn hermie

smokeyla1

Ordered a 6-pack of fems from attitude along with bunch of other strains, for some reason the first 3 cracked but died after barely putting out a tap root. Started other 3 and did same except one who's tap root got to maybe 3/4" but never broke ground. After checking they all browned and mushed. Other strains all were very successful, about 14/16 including CC own budda Tahoe. Was actually the fastest out of ground. Blows considering great reviews strain gets and hopefully I can nail down why it performed this way before I try with it again

Nughugger

Cc is hermie

Cc is hermie

Buy dna you won't have chicks with dicks Cali connection is hermie gear all hype they don't care if you buy crap

LostTribe

Premium user
I have run plenty of Cali Connection gear and have not had anything but stellar results even from the supposed earlier hermie sfv III male as I recall. They dont even use that one anymore. I made tons of f2's out of them and never had a dude looking like a lady yet. That deadhead og is supposed to be top notch good luck!

Medfinder

Chemon 91
back in san diego's finest thread here on icmag you will see some the alien og x alien bubba i did 5 years ago.

Nughugger

Deadhead is only good because it's half 91chem swerves Sfv male is bogus I've popped about 20 deadhead they don't like to come out the shell so help them . A far better Og is Dna 91 krypt better father same 91 Chem mother but also hard to get out the shell but better

Dawgfunk

I smoked some pretty amazing deadhead that was done in Humboldt, some real gems found in those beans. The one pheno that stood out was one that was super airy and fluffy, but had this melon flavor like I’ve still never tasted in a strain before! Such a great high, too. Shit to trim but great smoke. Well there was a male found in that pack that hit a superb chem91, said to be the original cut, on accident. Snagged a bean and popped it a couple weeks back. She’s throwin leaves under the t5, and now we’re off to the horse races!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
i grew seeds from chem bud and it was fire alittle unstable and wonky growth what a flavor would love to see real chem cut

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I just popped some F2's. I'll be back with pics when I have them...if I can remember. If not they will be in my thread for sure. Deadhead was the first variety that gave me a true keeper that held it's own against many a clone only.

meizzwang

Can't attest to what is being offered right now in 2019, but here's my experience. Acquired deadhead OG beans in 2016, came in the original breeder pack. Only got one female, so I can't say how uniform the batch is. Haven't grown too many other OG's, but wow, this cultivar not only tastes good, but has an outstanding, comfortable quality high that will kick your ass! Let's not forget to mention A+ bag appeal and great flavor. The pheno I had was very easy to manicure, and I can see how dawgfunk interpreted the sweetness as being melon-like. In my case,that melon aroma didn't translate to flavor, but that doesn't mean the flavor isn't top notch. I got hints of slightly sweet, danky, skunky, super earthy goodness.

Pretty easy to grow, finished outdoors end of October in the pacific northwest, grown organically and cured like it was going to be offered to Jesus. Flower yield was decent, rosin yield was very high. Vaping rosin from Deadhead OG is highly recommended, it's definitely the ultimate flavor experience, but if you have no tolerance like myself, one decent sized rip can be too much.

LostTribe

Premium user
I just popped some F2's. I'll be back with pics when I have them...if I can remember. If not they will be in my thread for sure. Deadhead was the first variety that gave me a true keeper that held it's own against many a clone only.

No idea what's going on with CC. The website has the corleon kush description listed in the deadhead og link. At the bottom it still says its Chem91 x sfv ill fem is chem91 x tahoe s1. Seems they are using different mom's for most crosses since you got those originals. They are putting most together using the SFV ibl rather than the old SFV Bx3 or 4. We all read all the random complaints about hermis. I only found hermis in these sour og f3's but not in the f2's or originals.

I can't wait to see what your f2's put out though. The Sour OG seemed improved at f2 more differentiation between plants, but some really nice plants came out of them.

LT

Dawgfunk

Funny, a main lady in my buddy’s stable came from swerve as his version of chem91. chem91xsfv, 1st run hermed pretty bad but next run he didnt have anything else to full his space so he used some more of that and ended up becoming a staple in the garden. No more herms, always super dank. It’s the jasper og, really just cuz it isn’t the 91. Dense, very introspective sometimes. Golf balls. Trips me out too much to go out into public after I smoke it sometimes. Smells like chinese food, old man and puppy breath. Tastes are gas funk and currants, almost like a port wine. Tests at 27, absolutely wonderful genetics. Swerve’s working with the dank.

meizzwang

Ran Deadhead OG a second time, got 2 different phenos, both looking to be finished by the end of October:
1) large bracts loaded with resin, but not much frost on the leaves. Smells earthy and sweet with a slight melon background just like the first run:
48943619118_ff9d0ffcb9_c.jpg

2) small bracts, but lots of frost on the leaves. Nose piercing skunky-sweet-earthy aroma, smells slightly stronger than the large bract pheno. In person, it looks pretty white too! Cold stress induced purple colors on the fan leaves:
48944167616_95d91be67b_c.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts