What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GHS Super Silver Haze vs Mr nice ssh

As above, would like to try SSH but are currently broke is there any real difference between the two and what is the quality like for them indervidualy, I read amazing smoke reports in therms of yield power and even ease of growth in some pheno's, what are people's experiences?

C

cork144

greenhouse fem, mr nice regular,

i think id go for the regulars.

erbium

You from Mr Nice though it says 15, though it is rare for there to be less than 18, often 20 in there. With the Mr Nice you get males too so you can make your own seed and it won't ever matter if you are broke again when you have a big back of free ones.

There are basically 3 phenotypes from MNS so you can have potentially 3 kickass keeper moms in one pack. Even the worst SSH and Mango Haze from MNS has been better than most of the weed out there.

You aren't going to have all of that with fem seeds.

It is a little less upfront but you get more for your dollar and a lot more to choose from if choosing mothers to clone.

You from Mr Nice though it says 15, though it is rare for there to be less than 18, often 20 in there. With the Mr Nice you get males too so you can make your own seed and it won't ever matter if you are broke again when you have a big back of free ones.

There are basically 3 phenotypes from MNS so you can have potentially 3 kickass keeper moms in one pack. Even the worst SSH and Mango Haze from MNS has been better than most of the weed out there.

You aren't going to have all of that with fem seeds.

It is a little less upfront but you get more for your dollar and a lot more to choose from if choosing mothers to clone.

So it is a strain that, should breed true? As in, I just make seeds and I should get something with camparable quality?

C

cork144

you could cross the seeds together and find plants better than those you pollenated.

you could cross the seeds together and find plants better than those you pollenated.

But is it more likely that you will?

Is this realy true, why do people buy seeds then? Or is this a characteristic of this strain, excuse me i'm still learning, thanks for the commments

erbium

Not everyone has the facilities to support a flowering room, a male flowering room, a veg/clone area. A lot of people like to try new strains too.

SSH is a good choice for a single strain since you can get plants representing more of the NL and Skunk sides as well as the Hazey. If you are only growing a few at a time you can stick the males in any small area in another room. Use a Rubbermaid or 2 and a couple cfls if you have to. You can store pollen and take a clone of each female and decide what ones you like the best and keep their clones as mothers and/or for pollinating. You can pick the best males by choosing ones that have characteristics that you are after like flowering time, smell, plant size. You can do a branch or two on your 3 favorite females with your 3 favorite males and you will have a lot of seeds. Keep everything labeled and breed towards the traits you like on down the line. If you decide to do it you need to research breeding. This is just like the back of the book cover.

The point is, it is very doable even with a little bit of space. You do want to keep them separate so your crop don't seed up and if you have more than one male you know who the daddy is.

If you want the ones from Mr Nice it is a good time as they are just now hitting the market and will get sold out quick. It really is a kick ass strain.

Not everyone has the facilities to support a flowering room, a male flowering room, a veg/clone area. A lot of people like to try new strains too.

SSH is a good choice for a single strain since you can get plants representing more of the NL and Skunk sides as well as the Hazey. If you are only growing a few at a time you can stick the males in any small area in another room. Use a Rubbermaid or 2 and a couple cfls if you have to. You can store pollen and take a clone of each female and decide what ones you like the best and keep their clones as mothers and/or for pollinating. You can pick the best males by choosing ones that have characteristics that you are after like flowering time, smell, plant size. You can do a branch or two on your 3 favorite females with your 3 favorite males and you will have a lot of seeds. Keep everything labeled and breed towards the traits you like on down the line. If you decide to do it you need to research breeding. This is just like the back of the book cover.

The point is, it is very doable even with a little bit of space. You do want to keep them separate so your crop don't seed up and if you have more than one male you know who the daddy is.

If you want the ones from Mr Nice it is a good time as they are just now hitting the market and will get sold out quick. It really is a kick ass strain.

I have read that you can choose a good male by looking for resin on the plant, is this true, BTY is ssh a strain that is good for doing this or does this apply to all, thanks

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
But is it more likely that you will?

Is this realy true, why do people buy seeds then? Or is this a characteristic of this strain, excuse me i'm still learning, thanks for the commments

A Seedbank bought strain should be more stable and consistent, that is what you pay for. If you make your own F2 generation, the results are generally far more spread out than the F1s from the packet, but you can find really special plants in there, by sifting through and selecting the best. If you have the time and space to do this, great, if you do not, don't bother !

Likewise, you may not wish to waste time Vegging males if you are paying for the electric and just want a crop of dank, so go for GHS Fems. Despite what some will tell you, the SSH of the two banks is the same/very similar, it is a great strain, works very well outdoors here in Spain, indoors you can get some proper yielders of ultimate quality.

I am running some Fritilliary SSH F2 seeds soon, for exactly this reason, looking for some very special F2 plants.

use the search function guys their 2 completely different strains GHS might be good but its not mr nice gear look up the lineage
Super Silver Haze = [NL x Nevilles Haze] x [Skunk x Nevilles Haze]
Super Silver Haze{greenhouse} = Super Skunk x Silver Pearl x Haze

topotent

DRorganic

Veteran
WHAT do i do. i have some sshf2 from GHS when shantibaba was there breeder. so i guess i when both.

legalizeRO

Yeah, so why isn't Mr Nice making fem seeds?
I don't have room for a mother, and I can't afford a male on my schedule. Because of my conditions I can only grow 2 seasons a year, one plant per season, and the schedule is tight because if I get late the heat kills or damages harvest. So my only option is fem seeds. I've only grown GH SSH but from someone who bought in bulk from a grey source and gave me 2 seeds. Nevertheless, they were awesome, the high the smell, the taste, all of it minus flowering time, but well worth it. I have since bought a pack of 3 from GH myself and they are next in line. I wish I had at least a mother room...