What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with EC

DankBuds420

So my tap water is. 4 ec, worked OK my first grow but don't like choloramine and other contaminants in my water so I installed a ro filter to purify my water to 0 ppm. From my understanding I need to add cal mag until it hits. 4 EC. Then I add micro and mix, the grow and mix, then bloom and mix. What are the EC and ppm ranges for sativas and India's both? Indicas can handle higher ppm and ec I know. But my research online has led me to charts that say different things. So I'm confused on this topic as I'm a 2nd time grower who never measured ppm or ec or oh my first grow. I somehow made it to the finish line with weak results on my harvest yield. I wanna do it right this time. I know all about PH and it's importance in Hydro. But I'm confused on ec levels for both Indica strains or sativa strains, what about hybrids? :thank you:

DankBuds420

I was wondering ppm and ec levels for all the stages (stages=seedlings, clones, early veg, veg, flower) for all types of marijuana. Hybrids, indicas, and sativas?

troutman

Seed Whore
Full-strength nutrient formulas usually have a target EC of about 1.8. During the vegetative growth stage, it’s best to keep the EC in the 1.2-1.6 range for most plants. If the EC rises above 1.8 during the vegetative growth stage, just add more water to the reservoir to lower the EC. If the EC is too low, just add more fertilizer. It’s that simple!
Read this for more:

https://www.maximumyield.com/master-the-art-of-measuring-ec/2/1425

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So my tap water is. 4 ec, worked OK my first grow but don't like choloramine and other contaminants in my water so I installed a ro filter to purify my water to 0 ppm. From my understanding I need to add cal mag until it hits. 4 EC. Then I add micro and mix, the grow and mix, then bloom and mix. What are the EC and ppm ranges for sativas and India's both? Indicas can handle higher ppm and ec I know. But my research online has led me to charts that say different things. So I'm confused on this topic as I'm a 2nd time grower who never measured ppm or ec or oh my first grow. I somehow made it to the finish line with weak results on my harvest yield. I wanna do it right this time. I know all about PH and it's importance in Hydro. But I'm confused on ec levels for both Indica strains or sativa strains, what about hybrids? :thank you:

While we spend a ton on nutrients, the fact is cannabis is a trailer park whore, driven to procreate. It can grow and bloom in some rather nasty conditions, BUT, hydro does require REASONABLE caution

EC: is one example. this grow my girls shot out pistils at ~ 3 weeks from seed @ EC ~ 0.3/300ppm. Seems 12/12 was the problem

pH: Where we are told to keep pH between 5.8-6.3, it is by no means going to kill your plant or ruin your harvest if you 'drift' a bit: in fact drifting could be beneficial