What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody using boveda

packerfan79

Veteran
I Have quite a bit of buds, I want to make it last. Is anyone using boveda packs? I have a couple of the 62 packs I am testing out. Anybody using the 58 packs

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I've been using the boveda 62's for a few months now. Nothing long term. So far I really like them. Seems to excellerate curing some and the texture of the bud is great. Not to mention that using them is almost set it and forget it. I give em two thumbs up :yes: :yes:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
62 is the way to go. One for every pound or so. Just store them properly or they'll get hard and useless.

A10

Agreed on the 62, you can get 'em in 8 & 67 gram packs. And if you're planning to store long-term it might be worth getting a CVault too

Jhhnn

Veteran
I use the 67g 62% bovedas all the time. They're my insurance policy against buds drying out before they're cured. I use 'em long term as well to keep buds springy. It's a little damp for best toking straight out of a storage jar but that changes fast in my dry climate.

TheMan13

Veteran
There is a competitor to Boveda that is made in the US: Integra Boost humidity packs.

s-l300.jpg

Did multiple side by sides...
The Boveda out performs the Boost in my opinion.
Boveda lasted longer and kept the flowers moister, smokeable but,
not over dried quicker like the Boost jars.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I discovered that the cello packaging of bovedas won't keep them from drying out on the shelf, so always keep spares in a sealed jar.

I also discovered that they can be re-hydrated by soaking in distilled water. If they come in at the original weight or less, they'll hold 62% in a sealed jar. If they come out too plump they'll make the humidity too high in a sealed jar. That's easy enough to fix in a dry climate just by leaving them out until the weight comes down.

I have no idea why it works that way, but it does.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Re-hydrating Boveda Packs:

Step 1: Take a mason jar and put 3 things in it; a piece of sterile gauze (a few sterile cotton balls will work), a piece of heat safe plastic to act as a spacer (Something like a keck clip, or a plastic thingy that comes in the box with pizza’s (but make sure it’s clean), and some distilled water. You must only use distilled water to prevent mold and the pores inside the Boveda from clogging. Do not use tap water.

Step 2: Put the Mason jar (WITHOUT A LID ON IT YET) containing the gauze, water, and spacer in a microwave, and bring the water to a boil in the Mason jar. Once it cools down pour off the majority of the water making sure to leave the moistened gauze and spacer in the Mason jar. If you can’t use a microwave, use a sterile piece of gauze (sterile cotton balls will work), distilled water, and boil the components in a pot of water on the stove before pouring and placing the components inside a mason jar. Do not boil the Boveda pack. The most important thing is to make sure everything is as sterile as you can get it

Step 3: Place the Boveda you want to recharge on top of the spacer. Make sure the Boveda’s paper isn't sitting in the water and put a lid on the Mason jar.

Step 4: Put the sealed Mason jar on a level surface like a table or dresser and be patient.

Step 5: In a day or two open the Mason jar and remove your rejuvenated Boveda. (If by chance the Boveda isn't completely rejuvenated put the lid back on and check it again in a day or two until it’s fully rejuvenated. Any that come out of the jar too heavy will lose weight gradually just by leaving them out in the open air. It takes a day or few for any lumpiness to go away, if they come out too heavy. Weigh the re-hydrated pack on an accurate digital scale and if the pack weighs 67 grams or a bit less (the original weight of a large 67 gram Boveda 62% humidipak) then the pack will hold at 62% humidity, or whatever humidiy % Boveda humidipak that you purchased. It’s ok if it weighs a few grams more. For example, a large 67 gram 62% Boveda Humidipak may weigh up to 74 grams.

Step 6: Store the recharged Boveda’s in a dry Mason jar with the lid tightly closed. You may place a hygrometer inside and see if it reads around 62% after 24 hours. Remove the hygrometer and preferably vacuum seal the jar to keep the Boveda pack fresh and stable for longer periods. You can keep reusing the same Boveda until the paper it’s made of tears or wears out. It’s best to rehydrate Boveda packs before they get fully dehydrated. Once the salts inside the Boveda packs become hardened and not as liquidy, it is time to re-hydrate. After re-hydrating, the Boveda packs may not stay hydrated as long as when they were first purchased. It is best to re-hydrate 1 pack at a time.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I have used them for 4 years now...had great results.

I have never noticed any change in flavor or smell myself...just sayin' in my experience...Your mileage may vary.

minds_I

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hello all,

I have used them for 4 years now...had great results.

I have never noticed any change in flavor or smell myself...just sayin' in my experience...Your mileage may vary.

minds_I

That's my experience as well. Bovedas do what they're supposed to do- no more, & no less.

sdd420

Veteran
I've been using the boveda 62's for a few months now. Nothing long term. So far I really like them. Seems to excellerate curing some and the texture of the bud is great. Not to mention that using them is almost set it and forget it. I give em two thumbs up :yes: :yes:

Same here

YetiOG

I Have quite a bit of buds, I want to make it last. Is anyone using boveda packs? I have a couple of the 62 packs I am testing out. Anybody using the 58 packs

Ive got a 62% in my aluminum vacuum bud can and honestly it leaves the dope a little to moist for my liking i think i want to change to the 58% pack.

I use the one rated for 4 to16 oz in a can i only put 14 to 28 grams at a time right now. The site says overkill is no problem it just lasts longer. So far i like it it rehydrates the weed im buying right now until i can crop what im working on now

SamsonsRiddle

Does anyone use these long term? 62% seems a little too moist to be smoking on. It seems like people want it to be dryer.
works good for vaping, but left in a baggie for a day or two makes it good for smoking.

however, it will burn just fine at 62 if that's your thing.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I use the Integra boosts, I had read a couple places that the Bovedas imparted a certain odor, whereas the boost packs didn't. The boost packs are also about half the price, I get 100 67g 62% on eBay for 200-230 US, shipped.

Latest posts

Latest posts