What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What seed company can make the best OG Kush?

S

sourpuss

Have u not heard of josh d og??? Karma genetics... true old school og kush x karmas biker male.....

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Relentless, 818FireOG:
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Barneys farm 8 ball kush was the best tasting and most potent og grown to date. Some reviewers said barneys farm has weak genetics but so far its the most potent I have grown. Gets real purple on the buds. Leans sativa. Lanky and doesn't produce much but the buds are dense and sticky. Doesn't have the general characteristics of an og kush though.

That's because it's not an OG or OG hybrid. It's a kush hybrid of Afghan Kush a Paki Kush(according to Barney's) . That variety was out before OG Kush gained recognition world wide.

mintz

Afghanistan X Pakistan.

The mountainous border area between Afghanistan and Pakistan is traditionally known as the source of some of the best hashish in the world.

After many years of selectively inbreeding the superior genetics from this region, we created a strain that is very easy to grow and flourishes in most conditions.

This sturdy, short plant grows wide, dark leaves and produces dense buds that form on thick stems.
The flavors are classic Kush: earthy and musky, with deep spicy accents.

I grew this out from barneys and its not fitting the description they gave.

It sprouted indica and vegged indica. Then early in bloom is started stretching and throwing sativa leafs. The bigger the plant got the more lanky and sativa looking it was.

I talked to other growers who keep these plants short and they say indica.

The plant was not wide, flowered early, hard to grow compared to others, low yield, nice purple smell, dense nugs, extreme potent and happy kush high.

I also noticed smaller stems as they were folding over from the weight of the dense small buds. Oh one thing i noticed during bloom was the amount of white pistols. Lots of them and long.

So this was your best OG that isn't OG,:moon:interesting

Ouch ive never bought anything from barneys because they suck period though i have had some criticql kush that was super dank
I've got Barney's Cookies Kush and it is seriously dank. Considering your positive experience with Critical Kush, maybe you shouldn't decide something sucks based on hearsay and popular opinion.

I've got Barney's Cookies Kush and it is seriously dank. Considering your positive experience with Critical Kush, maybe you shouldn't decide something sucks based on hearsay and popular opinion.

Ive had cookies kush it was wack. Weak high low yield of garbage. If you call that dank, come to my crib ill give you some real cookies not watered down cookie x og...

Critical kush is their 1 redeemable strain. The rest belong in the trash can. Thats a fact. You might not know this but when tangerine dream hit the shelves people were sooo disappointed. They are everytime Derry releases shit.

FYI my "positive experience" is i smoked a couple bags of it that were ok. The reason is its a OG hybrid has nothing to do with barney having mad quality they dont, even the cross itself is not impressive come on critical? In this day and age? It only comes out ok because of og, thats not derrys mad skills thats him getting lucky on a single pollen chuck. It might have been the only good pheno of it in the world for all i know.

Ive probably been growing much lomger than you. I know quite a few of the breeders so i reserve the right to make a call about them amd their products. Thanks for trying though :thank you: i do t make my choices from hearsay ive tried too many barneys farm bud samples and its not impressive. None of it is. The critical kush was not astounding or it would be in my collection of OG hybrids. It was good but not good enough for me to buy. I do t waste my monwy on flashy packages blowing stupid amount of money on seed with a horrible rep, ive tried the weed and not been impressed.

They cater to beginners. I always feel sad when people purchase barneys farm over greenhouse or dna beans, the GH amd DNA are way better quality and thats a fact based on countless people as well as my own expeirience.

What he ment to say was why is an 8 ball kush and being recommenced in an og kush thread. Well simply because I think the genetic come from the same source and both give the same happy anti depression/anxiety high.

Now dont be so intolerant to my opinion. No need to get puffed up.

STFU! No one cares about your opinion you OG super troll! Go away and bother another subsection. Terrorize some other group wtf did we do to deserve you?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Ive had cookies kush it was wack. Weak high low yield of garbage. If you call that dank, come to my crib ill give you some real cookies not watered down cookie x og...

Critical kush is their 1 redeemable strain. The rest belong in the trash can. Thats a fact. You might not know this but when tangerine dream hit the shelves people were sooo disappointed. They are everytime Derry releases shit.

FYI my "positive experience" is i smoked a couple bags of it that were ok. The reason is its a OG hybrid has nothing to do with barney having mad quality they dont, even the cross itself is not impressive come on critical? In this day and age? It only comes out ok because of og, thats not derrys mad skills thats him getting lucky on a single pollen chuck. It might have been the only good pheno of it in the world for all i know.

Ive probably been growing much lomger than you. I know quite a few of the breeders so i reserve the right to make a call about them amd their products. Thanks for trying though :thank you: i do t make my choices from hearsay ive tried too many barneys farm bud samples and its not impressive. None of it is. The critical kush was not astounding or it would be in my collection of OG hybrids. It was good but not good enough for me to buy. I do t waste my monwy on flashy packages blowing stupid amount of money on seed with a horrible rep, ive tried the weed and not been impressed.

They cater to beginners. I always feel sad when people purchase barneys farm over greenhouse or dna beans, the GH amd DNA are way better quality and thats a fact based on countless people as well as my own expeirience.

I have to disagree with all Barney's stuff being trash except the Critical Kush(I found a killer plant in those too). Yes Tangerine Dream was straight garbage. I did make an excellent hybrid with it though. LSD and Pineapple Chunk, I found plants in those two that rival a lot of the clone only's. But...they were one plant out of whole packs of each. The Red Dragon was excellent also, real unique plant I found.

But there are so many better options if your after OG in seed. Barney's and GHS would not be my first choice or second, ha! Plenty of other companies with similar prices to choose from.

Critical kush is their 1 redeemable strain.

The reason is its a OG hybrid has nothing to do with barney having mad quality they dont, even the cross itself is not impressive come on critical? In this day and age?

Critical Kush is OG crossed with Critical mass, which is a hybrid of Afghani and Skunk #1, so the genetics are hardly second rate. If the truth be known, the majority of famed indica and hybrid strains going around these days are descendants of either Afghani or Skunk genetics.

As for Cookies Kush, is this not dank enough?

Burt

Veteran
All of these companies mentioned have an OG Kush variant. I bet my neighbor who doesn’t even smoke has one-lol!
The stony point is, it’s a numbers game and always has been!
As for Barney’s, opinions are like assholes and I’ve grown a few with tangerine dream and the liberty haze being standouts