What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meraxes

Veteran
yeah I know I gave you the genie and not the nemesis......do a fresh restart to kodi/ or uninstall/reinstall then add the nemesis source.....I edited the post I fucked u up with by the way so that dosent happen to others

Meraxes

Veteran
Ive been looking into these for a while and need to take the plunge.

good time to talk devices: I started with an M8 android quad core that was preloaded with the addons which was ok, but about a year and a half into it I bought the new Nvidia Shield(also a gaming console). This is by far the fastest boot and smoothest ride for Kodi nowadays. it was voted # 1 by the TVaddons developers so I bought it. DO NOT overpay and buy a preloaded android tv box! Just buy the hardware, install kodi, and throw in the sources(best ones are here lol)

G

ganjygav

Yeah I couldn't do nothing with my phone and it's HTC so couldn't take battery out to reset it. It's ok now and I'm gonna reinstall kodi

Meraxes

Veteran
Theres a couple canadian addons on there that have all of your TSN sports, plus whatever else

G

ganjygav

What I'm looking for is a easy to use build. One where you swipe left or right on main screen to select live tv,sports and movies etc etc. Any suggestions

Meraxes

Veteran
Lambda, the developer of Genesis (movies+tv shows), just said that it will not be updated anymore (to work on another bigger, probably better movie/tvshow project)....but the addon itself will keep scraping, so that new episode of Game of thrones friday night(example) will still be there dont worry. Make sure you have SALTS (stream all the sources)- this addon scrapes from a shitload of sources to give you many links, to give you a higher chance of a quality HD link usually in 1080p (my favorite addon)

Meraxes

Veteran
What I'm looking for is a easy to use build. One where you swipe left or right on main screen to select live tv,sports and movies etc etc. Any suggestions

yes http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/ .......very user friendly for many different devices, when you open their repo, click the wizard, and they give you the choice of what device to run it on, be it android,firestick,apple, whatever

G

ganjygav

Just installed nemesis, that's the sort of building I was after but it's all genesis for film and tv shows and that's coming down.

Bmac1

Veteran
I've seen countless pretty loaded boxes. The shield is definitely itely one of the best but I don't really need the gaming aspect and I don't have a 4k TV. I have been looking into just getting a new computer as that is needed as well and running it as a htpc as well. No box is going to be as powerful as a stand alone computer. I'm going to do this very soon.

Meraxes

Veteran
I've seen countless pretty loaded boxes. The shield is definitely itely one of the best but I don't really need the gaming aspect and I don't have a 4k TV. I have been looking into just getting a new computer as that is needed as well and running it as a htpc as well. No box is going to be as powerful as a stand alone computer. I'm going to do this very soon.

the minux boxes have both lollipop and windows, and run kodi almost as good as the shield. great mini pc's that can do a number of things I hear, good all-in-one

Meraxes

Veteran
Just installed nemesis, that's the sort of building I was after but it's all genesis for film and tv shows and that's coming down.

despite not being updated anymore, its going to keep scraping for new tv show episodes and movies. I cant wait to see the next project Lambda has, knowing him it will blow away genesis

until then get SALTS (stream all the sources) from tvaddons repo, and get the Entertainment repo from http://justnewtech.com/ and install Entertainment Hub and Release Hub...lots of 1080p content/newest movies lots still in theaters or haven't been released on bluray yet. the best options on there are Links and 300mbmoviesforu

israellive another good live tv addon on justnewtech repo, lots of HD sports

shithawk420

Veteran
So these play games as well?if so wich one should i get? These things sound expensive.never heard of them till now.

G

ganjygav

I got a firestick today,I paid £60 fully loaded. It's awesome. Layouts a little different but within half hour I know what's what.

Meraxes

Veteran
So these play games as well?if so wich one should i get? These things sound expensive.never heard of them till now.

I recommend the Nvidia Shield a little more than the Fire, but if your looking under a 100, definately the fire/firestick is a close second. Sports....O yeah every sports channel you can think of for free, every PPV UFC fight....free. Just watched Aldo/Magregor on sportsdevil live that night. What's that like $80...its great :woohoo:

Bmac1

Veteran
I tried one out a while back but noticed that a lot of the live tv and local channels were not hd. HD wasnt a problem with the tv shows and movies though.

Meraxes

Veteran
Sportsdevil 1/12/2016 latest update: https://seo-michael.co.uk/ first download-go to settings-addons-install from zip-scroll to downloads-click on 1-12-2016. *sportsdevil no longer updates via repo, you have to download the zip (usually around once a month its updated)........everything on there working like a champ now

Last edited:

Meraxes

Veteran
I tried one out a while back but noticed that a lot of the live tv and local channels were not hd. HD wasnt a problem with the tv shows and movies though.

The new DexterTV has a lot of HD sports, also ProSports has games and game replays. Mostly yes, most sports are going to be 480p, but screw it its free. Movies and TV shows almost always has HD links, especially in SALTS and phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts