What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Thank you man, you're right about the taste and aroma is complex & pleasant !

Today is the *unboxing* (hahaha) of this Zamal X Platinum Cheese COB.
According to the package notes, it's aged from 19/11/21, 10 months+ :

Let's chew it, i'm ready for the ride, haha !
It looks divine!

I'm almost a little jealous.

How was it?

I have some Zamal x Tom Hill Haze growing at the moment.

I'm very excited by the thought of Zamal cobbed.

RottyRzr

? Hmmm. Don't see a step by step. Guess I'll have to sift through the whole thread.

Taima-da

? Hmmm. Don't see a step by step. Guess I'll have to sift through the whole thread.
It's an evolving process and approach depends on the moisture and density of your starting material.
Most people here have their own set up and recipe which are documented in their posts. The more recent posts are really honing in on it.
As an outline:
Get to almost dry, push out the air, keep warm until you have a nice smell (say body temp for at least 4-6hrs). Check from time to time and dry each time. Then store for six months or so.
Be sure to do a little regular cure too so you can compare down the track.
Enjoy

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi man here is something I wrote on page 100 but everybody develops their own take on it.
This is just one way to get a result, experienced members of the cob club are wizards playing as alchemists its addictive creating your own highs from your own gear.

I will be drying for 3 to 4 days its not firm because it will be the middle of summer very hot and dry about 30% RH so I have to go by feel.
Then I will cob and sweat them for 24hrs at 40c.
After that dry the skin of the maize and re seal them for a week.
Open and check condition they should stink the house out.
If they do I will dry them 50% more then age them for 2 to 3 months.
Checking whenever I can at least twice a month.
Its like guiding them to where you want them. You can tell by looking touching and sniffing if its going your way.
If it smells good your generally doing it right.
Just dont push it too far and loose the funky smell. If you do its only the smell you have lost not the high so its not a biggy but we all want perfection dont we.

Tangwena

Veteran
It looks divine!

How was it?

I found Zamal a little cold in effect, very potent but I like to feel like I'm at the circus when I'm high.
Bring on the clowns ha ha.
Laughing grass all the way for me.
I have never had a good Haze though so maybe it will spice up the high nicely.

Tangwena

Veteran
Man, this COB is a terpfest... that was a crazy day being super fucking high.
I think i laid on the floor for hours before being able to make any kind of activity..
Literally lost myself in the house, this COB stopped me in my tracks !
Dangerous stuff not to be used without considering twice about it. But i love it , LoL 😨
Less is more brother time to start micro dosing try .3 of a gram it sounds like its a potent cob.

RottyRzr

Hi man here is something I wrote on page 100 but everybody develops their own take on it.
This is just one way to get a result, experienced members of the cob club are wizards playing as alchemists its addictive creating your own highs from your own gear.

I will be drying for 3 to 4 days its not firm because it will be the middle of summer very hot and dry about 30% RH so I have to go by feel.
Then I will cob and sweat them for 24hrs at 40c.
After that dry the skin of the maize and re seal them for a week.
Open and check condition they should stink the house out.
If they do I will dry them 50% more then age them for 2 to 3 months.
Checking whenever I can at least twice a month.
Its like guiding them to where you want them. You can tell by looking touching and sniffing if its going your way.
If it smells good your generally doing it right.
Just dont push it too far and loose the funky smell. If you do its only the smell you have lost not the high so its not a biggy but we all want perfection dont we.
Thanks for the steps. Once you open and check the condition, how do you dry them 50% more?

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks for the steps. Once you open and check the condition, how do you dry them 50% more?
By touch, what I mean is they will probably feel slightly moist on the outside surface of the cob to the touch.
So dry them slowly preferably using a dehydrator but any other method works just as well.
Its impossible to give you a one size fits all description because no 2 lots of buds are the same.
Its an art and the only way to pick it up is practice unfortunately, but using the guide lines I posted and your own intuition and love of cannabis it should come easily.
Most members here seem to find their feet easily because it is intuitive and you naturally pick it up.
But there will always be some who just excel.
The most important steps are drying, sweating and curing/aging.
What works for one batch of buds say a Kush type plant will not work for a sativa type plant due to the density of the buds and how fast they dry, sweat and cure.
Use your nose to tell you if its going well sweet, floral and hashish type smells indicate things are going well.
Its very hard to describe how its done, easy to show in person though if you have examples to sniff, touch and try out.
Remember this art was practiced by uneducated simple farmers who had a very close relationship with their plants and nature in general.
Dont over think it, it should be easy and natural.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
By touch, what I mean is they will probably feel slightly moist on the outside surface of the cob to the touch.
So dry them slowly preferably using a dehydrator but any other method works just as well.
Its impossible to give you a one size fits all description because no 2 lots of buds are the same.
Its an art and the only way to pick it up is practice unfortunately, but using the guide lines I posted and your own intuition and love of cannabis it should come easily.
Most members here seem to find their feet easily because it is intuitive and you naturally pick it up.
But there will always be some who just excel.
The most important steps are drying, sweating and curing/aging.
What works for one batch of buds say a Kush type plant will not work for a sativa type plant due to the density of the buds and how fast they dry, sweat and cure.
Use your nose to tell you if its going well sweet, floral and hashish type smells indicate things are going well.
Its very hard to describe how its done, easy to show in person though if you have examples to sniff, touch and try out.
Remember this art was practiced by uneducated simple farmers who had a very close relationship with their plants and nature in general.
Dont over think it, it should be easy and natural.
Can't argue with that!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
It's an evolving process and approach depends on the moisture and density of your starting material.
Most people here have their own set up and recipe which are documented in their posts. The more recent posts are really honing in on it.
As an outline:
Get to almost dry, push out the air, keep warm until you have a nice smell (say body temp for at least 4-6hrs). Check from time to time and dry each time. Then store for six months or so.
Be sure to do a little regular cure too so you can compare down the track.
Enjoy
In a nutshell!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I found Zamal a little cold in effect, very potent but I like to feel like I'm at the circus when I'm high.
Bring on the clowns ha ha.
Laughing grass all the way for me.
I have never had a good Haze though so maybe it will spice up the high nicely.
That's interesting.

I attempted to grow some Zamal 35yrs ago and despite it never finishing, I really enjoyed the effect.

I found the high very "electric" and all in my head, and consequently have always wanted to try it again.

Tom Hill Haze is legendary, so the 2 together should be awesome!

On a different note, Yesterday I was visiting a good friend and she was harvesting a white Widow and had a small bowl full of little buds that had no stem attached.

She asked me if I'd be so kind as to cob them for her.

They're currently drying some more before I can get to join in on the fun!

Interestingly, we also go to the dentist today and will also take a little cob.

I'm not actually having any work done, just Mrs DM, but I don't see why I shouldn't have cob as well!:rasta:

Strangely, my dentist has become a real friend and as he works on my wife, I shall be sitting the other side of her head and will watch closely as he works and we chat.

My dentist also says "Maria (cannabis's name in Spain) is medicine!, You should take it every day"

Tangwena

Veteran
That's interesting.

I attempted to grow some Zamal 35yrs ago and despite it never finishing, I really enjoyed the effect.

I found the high very "electric" and all in my head, and consequently have always wanted to try it again.

Tom Hill Haze is legendary, so the 2 together should be awesome!

On a different note, Yesterday I was visiting a good friend and she was harvesting a white Widow and had a small bowl full of little buds that had no stem attached.

She asked me if I'd be so kind as to cob them for her.

They're currently drying some more before I can get to join in on the fun!

Interestingly, we also go to the dentist today and will also take a little cob.

I'm not actually having any work done, just Mrs DM, but I don't see why I shouldn't have cob as well!:rasta:

Strangely, my dentist has become a real friend and as he works on my wife, I shall be sitting the other side of her head and will watch closely as he works and we chat.

My dentist also says "Maria (cannabis's name in Spain) is medicine!, You should take it every day"
So true my friend cant wait to see the cobs dont get me wrong on the Zamal its great I love the power.
I haven't found a Thai I like much either and that can be potent but no clowns.
I just love feeling fucked up and happy. I'm not a cultured man at all ha ha.
Being introduced to Malawi at a very young age you understand spoils it for other kinds of pot.

But I keep trying I want to have as broad a range of experiences as possible.
Right now I'm growing or at least starting to grow some Mexican and South American pot cant wait to smell it and cure it then chew it and experience the other side of the planet.
Been cleaning out the cobwebs in my head its empty now ha ha love this Mulanje its party time AGAIN now ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
20-Fear-and-Loathing-in-Las-Vegas-quotes.gif

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Good movie!

And I love Jazz!;

I met my wife after attending a jazz club as a young man.

I'd been down in the dark smoky basement listening to jazz and smoking jazz cigarettes and she was upstairs dancing to disco music. We met on the way out and the rest is history.

She still likes disco but these days she'll enjoy a little be bop with me.

Last edited:

0x942

It looks divine!

How was it?

It was divine, indeed !
That's great, share some pictures if you have time !

Less is more brother time to start micro dosing try .3 of a gram it sounds like its a potent cob.

I took 0.8 of a gram only bro, unbelievable ! Potent is the right word, i mean seriously potent !

Tangwena

Veteran
It was divine, indeed !
That's great, share some pictures if you have time !

I took 0.8 of a gram only bro, unbelievable ! Potent is the right word, i mean seriously potent !
Looked that way to.
Yesterday my wife went to see her mother for the day so gave me the opportunity to do some mind surfing on my Mulanje cob.
Its been a while ha ha when my wifes home she like me to be able to respond to her questions ha ha.
No way I was going to be able to talk to humans yesterday. I got on well with the wild lizards though.
I have a family of foot long King skinks (lizards) in my garden and they brought their new batch of kids along to introduce them to me ha ha.
Its a new perspective on nature high on cobs isn't it?

Tangwena

Veteran
Good movie!

And I love Jazz!;

I met my wife after attending a jazz club as a young man.

I'd been down in the dark smoky basement listening to jazz and smoking jazz cigarettes and she was upstairs dancing to disco music. We met on the way out and the rest is history.

She still likes disco but these days she'll enjoy a little be bop with me.
Haha I was someone else for the day yesterday my alter ego was running the show.
I tend to keep it locked up the majority of the time for good reason ha ha.
My first date with my wife was a fishing trip we caught nothing and it was a disaster.
I knew then that if she came back she was a keeper we have both enjoyed fishing ever since ha ha.