What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dinafem OG Kush origin?

N

NewAgeGenetics

I heard on a spanish forum that dinafem's OG K' is a cross of 2 different OG Kush cut.

I have tried the Critical Kush from Dinafem. It is a cross of Critical and the Emerald OG.
The effect was very potent. It was a strong head high, a trance inducing high that lasted for a long time. I was so high for long time that I wanted to come down.

The flavor was a mix of fruity and lemon. Dinafem claims there Emerald OG is in the best top 5 plant in the world. They are making a bold statement with that. Regardless of there claim it is a very potent strain.

jay sus

so far all i can say is that it´s flowering rapidly with good amount of resin forming on, all that i can complain about is that it don´t grow branches in 5 l pot.

Z

zooty

And this is why you can't take a few good plants as a representation of the company as a whole. My boy got a gsc freebie from bcbd, didn't resemble any cookie cut I've seen on ic, but she just went in to a jar a week ago. Smelt like sprite before chop, wreaks like chronic and cookie dough after some cure. Yet do I advocate bcbd? No because I could have found just as good a plant from bagseed. It's not he good luck people have with a company that should determine their rep, it should be the horror stories, testing, and honesty about cuts used. Idc how many good plants companies like Dina and bc put out, it's the real breeders like karma and bodhi that put in work and test, and I've yet to see a bad plant come from a bodhi pack. Also never seen cloning issues with regular seeds, I've seen quite a few feminized mothers refuse to root

never have i seen a feminized plant not root...has this happened to anyone else? maybe was your cloning method

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Yeah that's possible, I just am not the biggest fan of feminizing, I feel like it takes the work out of breeding, and leads to a lot of novelty crosses

jay sus

about og´s origin in general. supposed parents are common knowledge but no records have been made of course. so what knock off ogs i´ve seen are totally hashplant looking, really not much in a way of sativa hybridization are to be seen. it could be bred selectively, but why ditch the only gain(hybrid vigour) in the process? but maybe the point lies elsewhere? maybe the real divide lies in hash vs ganja instead of indica vs sativa. different requirements considering about end product. so by entering western world as a ganja cultivar traditional hashplants get to be selected for different qualities as in it´s native habitat.

jay sus

this is fattening up and frostying massively and fast. stink of it too(it´s like it don´t have any stem in upper half, just massive bud)

jay sus

noticed yesterday some mould on two buds. bud density is such that it´s good to check buds for mould. this is by the way really strong. i mean stupid-ass-strong.

cloudz

ICMag Donor
:tiphat:The Dinachem winnig the 2 place indica 2015 was selected from a 10 fem seedpack bought at spannabis 2013! May be this was lucky,but here in my aera everyone love this strain.:groupwave::rasta
cloudz

jay sus

this is on it´s last leg. maybe week more for max resin i presume. still some mould spots but more of a nuisance than catastrophy. taste is now heavy pine, week ago it was extra lemony(peelings/zest morelike)this is strong

jay sus

as of this origin, i bet there is major pakistani presence with maybe a bit of tropical sativa(more prone to think pure paki). this may be what happens to hashplant when it is long enough selectively bred and out of it´s natural habitat(arid, mountainous)??

420KushPharm

Have not tried the Dinafem OG.
Sad to see the typical direction cannabis threads seem to travel presently , ending up arguing about who's legit ,original gangsta this , real cookies that and what not.
Dinafem has decent gear for a big european seed company,HSO has awesome gear, all from my own personal first hand exp.... most folks who talk about "original OG" were prolly born on or after 1993 (not smokin OG in 93) and have no clue what it even means...just enjoy the mass quantities of selection out there and ignore the trolls

jerzu19

Veteran
My Og from Dinafem....light lemon,cytrus taste..nice type of high,strong but still functional..easy to grow,nice branching,nice yeald...overall nice strain but nothing special...
picture.php

:tiphat:

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Have not tried the Dinafem OG.
Sad to see the typical direction cannabis threads seem to travel presently , ending up arguing about who's legit ,original gangsta this , real cookies that and what not.
Dinafem has decent gear for a big european seed company,HSO has awesome gear, all from my own personal first hand exp.... most folks who talk about "original OG" were prolly born on or after 1993 (not smokin OG in 93) and have no clue what it even means...just enjoy the mass quantities of selection out there and ignore the trolls

First off, born in 1991, and I have the sfv, ran the ghost, had the lhb for years, currently running the tahoe, and with any luck will have the legends soon, age doesn't really have anything to do with it. Secondly, og is extremely dominant. If you have ever grown legit og crosses or even bag seed from real ogs, you'd know they're extremely dominant in crosses. The three bladed leaf trait, the viny structure, the node spacing, and the calyx structure breed true in most crosses. So it's extremely annoying and frustrating when a company just uses the name to sell seeds that clearly have nothing to do with og. Don't believe me? Check out my thread. The cut of tahoe cure (tahoe og x grape stomper bx2) that I grow is identical to the sfv I run in everything except aroma, and they have *slightly* different coloration on the pistils. There's enough seed companies using real ogs to make real og crosses, fuck dinafem. Who gives a shit if the seeds throw "decent" phenos? Every bag seed I've ever grown has been decent, and bag seeds don't cost $100 a pack. They're a bunch of Spanish hacks, taking advantage of misinformed and overly anxious customers. That's shady imho. :tiphat:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
There's enough seed companies using real ogs to make real og crosses, fuck dinafem. Who gives a shit if the seeds throw "decent" phenos? Every bag seed I've ever grown has been decent, and bag seeds don't cost $100 a pack. They're a bunch of Spanish hacks, taking advantage of misinformed and overly anxious customers. That's shady imho. :tiphat:

You can say it louder but not clearer! :biggrin:

Really, it's a pity that while having many interesting and original breeders in Spain, the big majority of seed companies are hacks and bulk producers, business men with no ethics.

I guess the sad thing is the reputation they are giving to the whole country's scene. Plus now many of this bulk producers are starting to become a plague in South America as well, where the scene is still blooming and most growers are too misinformed to be able to fight against that seed colonization. It's a fucking shame indeed!

:comfort: