What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Power? ... if not, why not?

Growerz

Hey everyone.
how r u all today plz?

my question is this....
how many lady growers do we have here and r we close to stomping all over these boys?
lol.

if not, why not? ;)
c'mon girls.
its time to down the lippy'n'nail varnish and get ur grow on!

im really interested in doing a head count of us women grwers (not literally) and seeing if we cant tip the scales in our favour and show these men exactly what we made of :)

maybe some of u would like to tell us how its been for u being a lady grwer, having to visit the hydro-shops, how u fair with any heavy lifting, if anyone has made u feel incapable of grwing bud, etc etc.

ive grwn for 7yrs and there have been many challenges (positive and negetive).
what have been ur highs and lows?

anyway, whatever u do and whatever u dont do, plz plz
take care, stay safe and well and happy chonging.
love g
xxx

LadyV

I'm here!!

I get much respect in my shop, but that's because the have seen my meds.

Heavy lifting? We designed my room around my disability so I don't have to endure any! LOL

Incapable of growing? Yeah, they all talk shit at first :moon:

Then I show them my meds and :dance013:

S

SeaMaiden

I just smile sweetly and let them talk. You never know what you're going to learn just by sitting quietly. Then, go out and do.

LadyV, my husband sets things up to account for my own pain problems, too. And then there's the beauty of things like sump pumps.

S

SeaMaiden

Ahhhh yes, my ever winding series of sump pumps and brute cans to get the waste to the yard! :smoke:

Hee! Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again," doesn't it?

LMAO!

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Usually,,, I do my best work as a team.

I've let a woman into the grow twice. And regretted it both times.

Could the third time be a charm????

I don't think I wana know that bad.

I'm the only male and I live to service the females under my roof, one dog, one cat and about 48 pot plants. I may be outnumbered, but I seldom complain. They dont listen anyways.

Cheers ladies!

usda101

Im at the point i dont even want a relationship unless she grows lol . Lot less hassle , just have little time or desire to cultivate a relationship when all i think about is cultivating my plants .

Thats the bueaty of our hobby.
Anyone can do it, no gender competition.
If anything, growing requires nurturing the plants and the ladies may have a little advantage there.
Rock on and grow

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
and they normally lack the Ego that many male growers take on. The female growers I know don't seem to have any problems flying under the radar.

I don't think partnerships are very wise in general, but as crazy as it sounds to many men, I would rather have a diligent female partner these days then any guy.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
My wife helps in the garden almost every weekend. She notices stuff I pass by 20 times. Often times the perspective of a women can be unique and help out.

I used to know a growing family up in the Emerald Triangle, and the mothers pot always seem to turn out best.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My hubby and I grow together, we work great as a team and have our jobs we do. I take care of the babies and small plants, babba makes sure they get fed right and mixes all the soil up.
Its a constant looking after, just like little kids heheh
GROW ON LADIES...and everyone :D

Hey T, good to see ya lady, hope your doing good :)

castout

Veteran
I grow with my other half, and we have been at it for about 13 yrs now. Like Mrs Babba said, we each have our niches, I do the cloning and training, and mix the nutes, he waters the veg, does any heavy lifting, and mixes the coco. He also designed all the grows, I just helped with the construction. We each have 2 perpetual flower rooms. We learned to grow together, we work really well together, and we have a mutual respect for each other. I wouldn't want to grow any other way!

I worked in the culinary field for 20 years filling the position of Sous Chef . All too often men would be offended by women working in the kitchen here in the states , Canada seemed to be less prone to this - at least from my experiences in Southern Ontario verses Michigan .

With this said it was drama most times not due to the boys insecurities when confronted with a woman as an equal in the field . I think the men where threatened by the females nurturing qualities as well as the genetic instinct some women posses in a kitchen verses the average man in the kitchen who has to learn by sweat , blood and perseverance

Same often applies to women who grow , they have a natural nurturing gift as women and this is said to be an honor by many cultures . I have seen men threatened by this in the grow room and all too often men feel threatened by women in their area and I think it tends to be a power trip in the end displaying male ego and nothing else ... Some of the best mechanics I have meet where women as well :)

I love women who grow - it helps to have equality and a balance so with this said , come on ladies show us your skill and nurturing ways :)