What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please Pray For Me

David762

My prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family in this turbulent period. Do not harm yourself -- there is no redo there. And it would hurt your family and friends, including here, for far, far longer than it will take to lick this addiction.

But if you have an aversion to doctors and the pills they push, there are some experimental remedies in holistic herbal medicine being explored by places like Columbia University. It involves a single rather large dose 2-3x normal of psilocybin (magic mushroom). I would be inclined to follow that up with several spliffs of good "head-high" cannabis sativa to provide a relaxing 2 day period of meditation afterwards.

Best of luck with this struggle -- you can make it. Just don't give up, okay?

Dude, you need to go to your local doctor and get prescribed Suboxone or Subutex. Takes the cravings and dope sickness away instantly. Its Buprenorphine wich is an opiod agonist, Basically meaning its an opiat blocker. If you do suboxone then do dope, you feel nothin or get sick, so its a waist of money. Dont take more than one a day though so u can use them to transition off the stuff. If you can, wean off them after a couple months or if your still tempted to use u can stay on them as a maintanace plan to keep you clean.
Good Luck+

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm lightening a big fat spliff for you buddy :) you can do whatever you really want...and you know.
Hope you'll find some peace bro :wave:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
The Clubs in BC are now conducting a study for ppl hooked on optiates that want to use cannabis to come off of them . So yes cannabis is EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE in helping ppl withdrawl from drugs all types of drugs. It's a 1 years study going on in BC right now. One of the things that is effective is "tincture" and "olive oil and cannabis" and many of the eatiable products peace out Headband707

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Thinking about you this morning

remember ever day is a new lease on life, I hope you have another day that brings you further away from those substances that are tormenting your being

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Hey man, it's the weekend. Time to stay busy. Don't let your mind start wandering. Idleness can bring you down. Sending you lot's of good vibes today.

energizer-bunny2.jpg

GreatLakes THC :joint:

diggdugg

Hang in there man. Whatever you do, don't listen to the suicidel thoughts. That is a permanent solution for a temporary problem. Good on you bro!

RetroGrow

Veteran
In 1980-84, I had a 15 dilaudid a day habit (4MG), which was costing $500 per day. My weight went from 190 to 137 pounds, because when you are that high you just don't feel hunger. Several friends died from it, and I realized that I was next if I didn't quit. So, I made up my mind. That is the most important part. You have to make up your mind. I rented a house and stayed inside with my dogs and went through the terrible pain & anxiety of full blown withdrawel for 6 months. During that time, the most sleep I got was 2 hours. I would awaken as if from a nightmare in a fright and a cold sweat. I did use valium for the anxiety. After 6 long and brutal months, I awoke and it was gone, as if overnight. Physical withdrawel from opiates will not kill you. It's more dangerous to withdraw from barbiturates or valium, as you can have seizures which can be potentially fatal. Although you may feel you are going to die, or even want to die, you will not. You must first steel yourself to the unpleasantness and be ready to endure it. It seems like it will never end, but it does. It doesn't sound like you have really made up your mind yet.
Once you do, you can do it, no matter how unpleasant it is.
You just have to make up your mind. Cold turkey will not kill you! But continuing on your path will. Make up your mind and do it. There's no easy way. It's not a matter of prayer or luck, it's a matter of will. Only you can make up your mind.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Thank you everyone, your all so kind.

Today I have done much better, I did a 1/2 of what i did yesterday.
Tomorrow I hope to do 1/2 of what i did today. then finally stop.

Its difficult, i love all the love i am feeling from the community.

So, i am not stopping cold turkey, i am trying to ween myself off of it, its starting to look better for me now. I looked into some therapy... not my cup of tea but we shall see the outcome. I just don't want to die alone and high.

If anyone needs a buddy right now it isn't just me its everyone.. I love every single individual on these forums, were a family!

Treatments I looked into: Ketamine,Ibogaine,Suboxone,Methadone,Cannabis,and even chocolate.

If i could afford any of those right now id be on them in a second, i don't have a grow going on which makes me depressed.. adds to me wanting to use

Love all of you!
:)

smorekush

After a longtime off the "white horse" or "smack" im back on it, its taken complete control of my life the past three months. Mainly I have been using the lady Dilaudid... she has got me by the balls.
I have wasted at least $1000 a month on my drug habit. My whole family and my friends have noticed and are deeply concerned about my health, i have lost 10 pounds and look like a walking zombie, pale, dark rings around my eyes, slowed speech, and no feelings of emotions. This addiction has made me so desprite to stop that i honestly thought about taking my own life to get out of the situation I am in, So now I am trying to quit cold turkey so ill be feeling like complete crap and have a feeling of complete loss of control for the next weeks to come.

I just want some positive vibes and some support from our wonderful cannabis family here on the IC.

Thank you... :frown:

Hey brother, we don't know each other, nor have we ever communicated on this site but I know exactly how you feel. Stay strong and don't give up hope. I was caught up with oxycontin and ended up doing heroin for the last 18 months of my addiction that lasted from the time I was 15 to age 20. My military career was cut short but I can honestly say cannabis saved my life as well as going cold turkey because those damn detox opiates are even more addictive and I found that out the hard way. I will pray for you and if you ever need someone to talk to for support hit me up man! Sending nothing but positive vibes and 110% support. YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS!!

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hope today was easier for you bro,hang in there.theres alot of positive vibes rollin ur way yo.
peace-T-

guest396

After a longtime off the "white horse" or "smack" im back on it, its taken complete control of my life the past three months. Mainly I have been using the lady Dilaudid... she has got me by the balls.
I have wasted at least $1000 a month on my drug habit. My whole family and my friends have noticed and are deeply concerned about my health, i have lost 10 pounds and look like a walking zombie, pale, dark rings around my eyes, slowed speech, and no feelings of emotions. This addiction has made me so desprite to stop that i honestly thought about taking my own life to get out of the situation I am in, So now I am trying to quit cold turkey so ill be feeling like complete crap and have a feeling of complete loss of control for the next weeks to come.

I just want some positive vibes and some support from our wonderful cannabis family here on the IC.

Thank you... :frown:

get a support group not one of those 12 step thingys in perticular, but something. you just never know the difference a friend can make in the life of someone who feels like they have nothing and nobody.

next start reading to educate yourself, believe it or not you have been taught to be an addict you can unlearn the desire for it and replace the doggy dinner bell metallity you have trianed yourself into. i mean read anything uplifting, but not degrading to your sense of self esteem. especially humor.

get rid of all negatives in your life no matter what or who they are, it's your life and nobody you aren't currently hurting has the right to hurt you...fuck 'em brush them of you like crumbs. get rid of all bad habits and triggers. stop going to the places you go when you use at least for now.

replace those negatives with positives. learn to overcome limiting beliefs and their systems, that keep you in their bondage. you are the one who choses how you react.....

and know this if i ever catch you slipping, i'll take you through ohgee's rehab. you'll never use again, well then again, the mental damage of just being around me for extended periods of time, maybe being on dope ain't the worst thing that can happen to ya....

you decide, it's a life you once wanted to live. you gonna throw it away over that crap? only if you are a quitter, and if you consider the effort one puts into getting high and staying that way, you would be ashamed to look back and say you gave up without giving you your all like you gave that worthless drug. i'm looking at you in the eye like a fellow human being, what's it gonna be?

T

the_coota

Beef this motherfucker, you can win.
I was raised a dirtbag unwanted by anyone, and you should see all the beautiful things that are around me now. I cant always see them clearly but I hang around & chill until it becomes clear again.

PM me or anybody here, talk it out until you get over this hump and get your sexy back! Its still there homie.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Once you've made up your mind, you can do this. I'm not going to say "good luck", because it's not a matter of luck. I do wish you well,though. It's a matter of inner strength. Choose life. You can do it. Once this is in the past, you will say, "damn, I did it!". "I beat this demon".

Check this place out....They have 3 locations on the West Coast, San Fran, L.A, and Oregon... The dude that runs it is Dr. Colaman, he has been in your shoes before, and that is the reason he opened these places up.....He really cares about helping people and has alot of compassion, as he has been through all of this, and realizes most rehab places are horrible..he runs his place alot different....Dude is legit, and alot cheaper than most places, and he will work with you on payments. He just wants to help folks....Sounds to good to be true, but Im not bullshitting...I am not affiliated with him or any other Dr. I have been through some shit, and he helped to get me out of it.

http://www.thecolemaninstitute.com/heroin-detox-naltrexone-rapid-opiate-detox.aspx

Wishing you the very best HG

Recognizing a problem .. and what this shit has done .. and is doing to you ... is a great first step

Sundance

Exactly right! that is the first step, admit to yourself, you have a problem, then talk with your loved ones and really tell them everything they already now. They will support you in getting help..trust me, it all helps man....Been there done that, and came out the other side.....You absolutley can do it man..

Check your messages.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Consider ordering Methylone online. It's non-neurotoxic and VERY useful for getting over the hangover both physically and psychologically. Also maybe try to get a script for Wellbutrin/Zyban from your doc. It's used for depression/smoking cessation but keeps your dopamine levels stable which is what you need right now.

If you're thinking about starting again during withdrawal, start with only 1/4 the amount to get rid of the kicks and no more.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Best thing, find new friends. At some point once you are more stable and capable of turning down the stuff you can hang out with them and maybe help them get off it as well, if and when they feel they are ready.

moving can sometimes help, if that is possible. If you are still in the mindset to want to do the stuff though it doesn't matter where you go HOWEVER if you are ready to quit, removing the easy to locate buddies might be in your best interest.

stay positive, keep good friends close as well as family and if you need extra help there are plenty of people locally and online who can help as well as here.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Yesterday i found a tool to help me through the agony of withdrawls and the physical pains.

I used a low dose of 100MG of pure MDMA (ECSTASY), it made it so it wasn't on my mind and i had no urge to use what so ever. Made me look at my life in a different perspective.

Ha, funny isn't it?

Today, i have done better i am down to a 1/4 of what i normally use so tomorrow its cold turkey!

Love you all, keep sending me reply's and karma it means a great deal to me.
:tiphat:

eddie.saw

the active compound in immodium is loprodamide(sp?) which is an opiate that isn't able to cross the blood brain barrier, it has been refered to as the poor mans methadone by some but i dont agree with that comparison, although i know it helps hugely with withdrawls in most cases.

you know what, ima PM you a link to a site that taught me alot about opiates and addiction/recovery.