What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powder mildew on clones, from a dispensary?

Mo. G

I prefer green cleaner and nukem. Dipping once a week should keep the girl's nice and clean.

Meds4Me

PM to a plant is like herpes to you. It cannot be cured and can only be controlled if caught early.

The reason those products listed including milk work are because it raises the PH of the plants surface's higher than the PM can thrive on. Boosting your plants immune system with Silica and controlling the Humidity along with sufficient air movement are the key elements to keeping PM from showing it's nasty self.

Peripheral

kill the pm, make sure its dead, create a hostile environment to prevent its reemergence. For example, cannabis likes humidity so in order to run the correct humidity you need to have really really good airflow to the entirety of the plant to prevent spores from being able to set up. Also, humid air makes it difficult for pm to spread as it relies on dry air to effectively get its spores dispersed as much as possible. Things to keep in mind.. Also, if you arent supplementing silicon or some form of bioavailable silicic acid, look into it, silicon builds thick lush vegetation and it starts at the cellular level helping your plant to cope with stress without slowing growth.. It really needs to be in everyones regimen..

Peripheral

PM to a plant is like herpes to you. It cannot be cured.

This is not true.

Pm can be destroyed forever, never to return unless you reintroduce it to the grow room..

The problem is most growers wipe out 99.9999% of the spores when treating plants, but forget that it only takes that one .000001% of spores to begin the process again... Hence the 'systemic' myth.. "Bro, i killed it, it keeps coming back, it must be systemic"...

PM for some reason, and typically by the layperson, is described as systemic, in the sense that it not only affects the outside of vascular plants, but somehow infects or works from within vascular plants, but this is a myth propagated without the correct knowledge on the matter..

The reason some fungicides are systemic is because of how the spores setup and permeate the surface of the foliage, but that is just one method of eradication, it doesnt mean the fungal spores are systemic because the method of treatment is.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I had my clones under a t-5 in a closet, since have been moved to a hotter room with better circulation. A 600 watt mh. it gets warm. Im going to burn sulfar, and do another Activonate root drench next watering. I sprayed Green Cure the other day. It doesn't really look present anymore, were the pm was it just looks like burnt spots now

Mia

PM is not systemic. That is a myth.
You will never eliminate 100% of spores in any space(although that does not mean you should not keep things clean and tidy).
If you are getting PM you need to work on two things:
1)The environment(Temp/ RH levels/ swings)
2)The health of the plant

3/4 to 1 ounce neem/ karanja oil with equal part silicate(7.2%) and a surfactant(yucca or aloe) will work great
Stylet oil at ounce to the gallon will work well as well
Raising PH on leaves(silicate, Rhizo, potassium bicarbonate etc.) helps
Zerotol will destroy it(but you have to handle with care)
Triple action neem oil supposedly works well
etc..
Horticultural oils should not be used within two weeks of a sulfur burn and vice versa so as not to fry the foliage.
Please don't use eagle 20, it's gross and will only band aid a deeper a problem.

Last edited: