What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GW pharma strains kent science park

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
This is the best cannabis website on the net. That's why shit don't fly too far around here. There are lots of sites out there that wouldn't call you on your claim but that's because the membership is made up of people who don't know anything. You know....morons.haha

If you want to know what you got, ask. But with the info you've offered so far... be ready for some disappointing news. If you know what you got, and it's something really rare, so rare it's never been seen, your gonna have to PROVE it. I can think of maybe 3 people whom it would be rude to ask proof from but they would have surely presented plenty in their first post.

I'm sure you can understand. People have tryed to write themselves into canna history more times than I can remember. This is the site they need to be believe at. This is where they come.

Im not saying that's what you were trying to do, but that's why your post was met with so much skepticism.

I'm still willing to apologize. I'd like nothing more than to see a grow featuring something out of gw. But it's gonna take more than you've presented for that to happen.

Nothing personal. No hard feelings.

window

Veteran
Doesn't GW use clones? If trying to produce medicine with consistent result's, clones would be better? No?

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Yup, Im sure they do.

I believe SamS bred a bunch of single cannabinoid lines. How many, I'm not sure. I wouldn't doubt a line for each. From those lines I imagine they selected clones.

Someone could claim to have some seeds from those lines but..... each would only produce a single cannabinoid.

Or something like that anyway.

That's why I said it maybe the zero cannabinoid, zero terp, pure headache line. Cause he bred all kinds of special stuff that I can't imagine would be any good on their own.

They be mixin'n matchin that shit!

We all know that place is LOCKDOWN!

It would have been an easier sell if they had said they got some Big Sur Holyweed from Perry the monk.

burningfire

Veteran
I'm not sure he did much breeding for them, what I heard is they just got two of his plant. his skunk, which is basically a pure THC line..

I don't know about the pure CBD plant, it doesn't have to be pure CBD since for sativex they just grew two plants and mixed the resulting cannabinoid.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Interesting. My memory is so wonky that I can't really bedate that burning fire.

I'm sure Sams aware of this thread and chuckling at us all for giving it so much attention.

I'm imagine he would have chimed in if it wasn't such a ridiculous claim to begin with.

J-Icky

So these are seeds from non GW growers that happen to live near GW but have no actual proof that they came from GW other than their word and the fact that they can grow good cannabis.

Honestly even if it somehow was "liberated" from GW I doubt it's anything special as they are more likely to just buy existing strains that any of us can easily obtain, rather than invest millions to create a special plant. Honestly they would need to obtain genetics, build a grow, build a lab, staff for both, licensing for both, break the cannabis genome, do high number selective breeding, do genetic modification to the genes, more growing, more modification and the stabilize it to get something worthy of making a thief a cannalegend for liberating it to the public.
Yeah they aren't doing that. They are growing the cheapest, high cannabinoid level, strains and just doing extracts and isolations of cannabinoids and recombining the extracts.

hellfire

They're probably also using on site testing for selection, it would only make sense. But yes, they probably have sourced genetics from the market we all have access to.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure he did much breeding for them, what I heard is they just got two of his plant. his skunk, which is basically a pure THC line..

I don't know about the pure CBD plant, it doesn't have to be pure CBD since for sativex they just grew two plants and mixed the resulting cannabinoid.

So these are seeds from non GW growers that happen to live near GW but have no actual proof that they came from GW other than their word and the fact that they can grow good cannabis.

Honestly even if it somehow was "liberated" from GW I doubt it's anything special as they are more likely to just buy existing strains that any of us can easily obtain, rather than invest millions to create a special plant. Honestly they would need to obtain genetics, build a grow, build a lab, staff for both, licensing for both, break the cannabis genome, do high number selective breeding, do genetic modification to the genes, more growing, more modification and the stabilize it to get something worthy of making a thief a cannalegend for liberating it to the public.
Yeah they aren't doing that. They are growing the cheapest, high cannabinoid level, strains and just doing extracts and isolations of cannabinoids and recombining the extracts.

What's the point of speculation when the facts are in black & white?

Sam S. DID & probably still does work for/with GW.
R.C.C. as well.
Those two helped GW get it's start!

Not to mention the fact that a lot (read most) of European genetics are directly descended from Sams work.

Katrak

All i know is what ive been told i posted this post with the intention of finding out as much as i can about a certan strain all i can say is WOW there really are some true haters out there shooting down next mans shit ive nothing to prove to anyone i know what ive got and where it came from just coz i dont have a selfie signed recept im chatting shit how small minded

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
You wanted to find out about what you got and you did. You found out the story you were told was bullshit. If your just posting what you were told than there's no need to get defensive. No one is calling you a liar. We're saying you were lied to. Next time you see that liar, punch him in the fkn mouth!

so, you gonna pop any of these beans and show us what GW Pharma gene stock is all about, or you just gonna keep us hungry!?

Pics man, please....

Dirt Life

Veteran
Huh, I missed the post about the seeds being gifted in a sandwich baggie. Guess a pic wouldnt really do anything... You have to understand the reaction though, right? Your word, my word, their word, all mean dick on the internet for the most part. But, if you decide to run these seeds, hope you snap pics and post em. :)

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Gw pharma basically went on a few different seed sites and ordered all the same strains we all have access too and then made selections. from all the big well known breeder like ghs and dna and all that shabaz. they say so in there own research documents which are found online if you dig. tbh they don't have anything that's on par with the elites we pass around. although no doubt their selections are probably good.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Just grow them like some people say, make a thread and ignore the naysayers. :comfort:

I agree that they should definitely pop those bad boys. Cause ya never know.

I got good reps from the OP which tells me.......

1 were dealing with an adult.

And

2 he or she was not phased by the naysayers. Namely ME.lol

zoo

Gw pharma basically went on a few different seed sites and ordered all the same strains we all have access too and then made selections. from all the big well known breeder like ghs and dna and all that shabaz. they say so in there own research documents which are found online if you dig. tbh they don't have anything that's on par with the elites we pass around. although no doubt their selections are probably good.

sorry mate but their selections are probably better than these over hyped elites that get passed around (which are just seed selections anyway.. where do you think they came from?!)

they are able to do selections with 1000's of plants with access to laboratories and some of the best technology in the world.