What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch Passion Auto White Widow

Gelado`

Veteran
Smoking another spliff of the early bud--very clean tasting and sweet and mild. Clear, up high. Using just enough fertilizer is definitely the way to go for a clean product IMO!

Pics are of the girl that's closest to finishing. From a few days ago. She continues to fatten! Bout to feed her one more time at 1/8 strength and then she's done.

Attachments

• DSC_3745.jpg
    DSC_3745.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_3744.jpg
    DSC_3744.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_3743.jpg
    DSC_3743.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_3742.jpg
    DSC_3742.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_3741.jpg
    DSC_3741.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 14

Gelado`

Veteran
Popped the sample bud into the oven at 100 C / 212 F for three minutes last night (starting from cold). It dried out the bud well, but also vaporized some of the terps :/ Much more potent now and some good body effect along with the clear head high. I can see why this stuff won so many awards. Absolutely tastes like WW now; a clean, sweeter, sativa-like smoke. Kinda reminds me of NL and Skunk at times, but it is sweeter. I kinda wish I hadn't taken this sample bud as the buds on the two most developed girls are swelling rapidly and I think the bud would've been 3x bigger! Just gotta keep em watered now. The tall, leggy, sativa pheno girl definitely needs a lot more time. I was hoping to have 'em all down at the same time but I'll give her the time she needs since she looks like she'll be a decent yielder!

Gelado`

Veteran
So I've underfed my girls on this run. The initial horror at burning my girls a little led me to feed very minimally, and now in late flowering, they are showing NPK deficiencies. Been feeding a little more. I think for next run I'll start at 1/8 tsp per gallon and work up to 1/4 and then see if they need 1/2 (I don't think they will). I'll only start feeding when I see the plant concerned starting to lighten up. Just picked up the 10-30-20 version of Peter's Professional so I have more versatility about what to feed and when--with five different formulas, I can calculate what I want to give them at different stages (e.g., high P early on, lower P before the stretch and then higher P in flowering, tapering down to low N by the end).

A little more feed seems to be helping them grow and swell. I'm still going easy on the fert since I really like how clean my smoke is with less fertilizer, but I also don't want to sacrifice too much yield and have my girls showing deficiencies on bud leaves before the calyxes swell, which is what is happening now. The tallest girl got 1/4 strength 20-20-20, or 5-5-5, since she's still quite green and has a long way to go yet, but is yellowing out. She got a 1/8 strength high P feed a few days ago, so the combination should meet her needs for now. We'll see how they're looking in a week. Fortunately it looks like the two most developed girls still need at least another week or two so they should continue to pack on mass, especially after today's feeding of 5-5-5 + 1.125-5.625-1.875, or approximately 6-12-7.

For my own future reference, the orchid special is 9-45-15 at full strength, so it dilutes down to 1.125-5.625-1.875, or 1-6-2.

Gelado`

Veteran
Tried a sample bud I've had drying for a few days. I sped it up toward the end by sticking it on my reflector (in a small cardboard box) and that did the trick. It wasn't completely dry, but dry enough to burn quite well. Lovely aroma. A little harsher than the last sample. That might be the feed I gave them before I took this bud! Either way, very nice and the potency from this sample is much better. :) Tastes like Amsterdam WW.

Week 8 starts today...the second most mature seems to be more mature than the older girl since she has more calyx swell already. I'm hoping to take down both girls at Day 1 of week 9 since there are bud leaves yellowing in the very tops, and since I just fed them. Plain water for a week and then they get the chop! The leggier girl will definitely need 2-3 weeks more. I'd love to be able to put two plants into the tent immediately to replace those that are getting the chop, but I have to go out of town for several weeks in July and don't want to leave them unattended without watering. Looks like I'll have to finish the leggy girl by herself under the 400. Waste of juice but what can you do.

Leggy girl is really starting to fill out now. She will have smaller, skinnier buds, but lots of them, so she may yield better than the shorter, squat girls around her.

Gelado`

Veteran
The girls seem to have reacted well to that last feed and the second largest has lots of white pistils yet. The one I feel is farthest along doesn't, but is still swelling nicely. The tall girl is definitely gaining weight and will yield better than I thought she would looking at her a few weeks ago. I think my total yield will be under a qp, but it is lovely smoke!

Smoked some of the WW earlier in a spliff and had to take a nap. I smoked half a spliff and was surprised at how high I got! I was having amazingly intricate visions with my eyes closed right before I nodded off. Pretty cool! And in less than nine weeks from seed I'm already smoking good quality bud without a cure even being necessary.

Gelado`

Veteran
Ended up taking the smallest girl down a few days ago as her calyxes were swelling, but she could have gone another week or two. The yellow bud leaves scared me as I am paranoid about rot. Started taking down the most developed girl yesterday; she smells strong enough to make me woozy and is very sticky! Dry yield is maybe an oz to 1.5 oz total for both of them, but they finished very quickly at 8 weeks (the first could have gone 9). The tall, leggy, sativa-pheno girl is putting on weight and filling out and since she's been fed a little more, should yield well in 2-3 weeks. Interestingly one of the squat girls is much more potent than the other and much more aromatic--if they were regular or fem seeds, I would've kept that one over the other pheno.

The tall girl still doesn't have any resin yet, so she might even go 3-4 weeks more by the looks of things! Hopefully she's worth the extra electricity and time. She's starting to consume some of her lower leaves too, but has lots of green left. She might be the big yielder in the tent. Pity she got rootbound early as she might have been a beast of a plant!

Gelado`

Veteran
Just took down the rest of the most developed girl! Wow, that top cola was dense! I decided to cut the top colas of both plants into smaller buds a little while ago since I'm worried about rot or mildew during drying. They were lovely inside; no signs of mold at all. Having two fans going and humidity control really did the trick. It feels wasteful to keep that going for just one plant!

I've been enjoying scissor hash for a few days. Always a nice treat!

Gelado`

Veteran
Planted a Cambodian sativa seed from last year into the pot from the runt I culled, and it sprouted in two days! Stuck it under the HPS as she was already up and stretching when I realized it had germinated. Maybe I'll stick another photo seed under the HPS and then flower them when I return!

Gelado`

Veteran
Smoked some of the first plant today--she's been air drying for several days now. The smaller nuglets I picked out were broken up and rolled in a spliff. Excellent taste and aroma, very clean smoke and I got so high I drank two sodas and ate two entrees. lol. Really excellent weed. Best I've smoked in months! Clean, up high with a touch of body (but a lot more in the head).

Amazing that you can grow decent bud in only 7-8 weeks! I wish the yield was higher but I really needed smoke, and the short cycle means I can shut down for a while and do what I have to do and then start up again and do another sprint run. Autos definitely have their place!

The remaining plant is letting her fans go. She still seems to have a while to go. The leaves lower down are nice and green so it appears to be a genetic thing with the AWW. I like it, though, since it lets me know when it's time to harvest!

Gelado`

Veteran
Took down the tall girl; she was yellowing out a lot, despite the feeds. Definitely appears to have been a genetic thing with these girls. Lots of small, hard little nugs from her; maybe 10-15g dry. Total weight should be under 2 oz for the 3 girls, but I'm smoking a little every day as it dries! The smaller bits are still quite sticky inside, so the big buds must still be very wet in the middle. I'll give them a nice, slow dry over several weeks before I jar them as they will need 2-3 weeks to dry completely. Then I'll try jar curing (if there's moisture still left deep inside) to dry them out deep within before they go in the fridge.

Gelado`

Veteran
Smoking a nug of the smaller girl in a spliff...hashy! I left the room and came back and it smelled like very good Nepalese charas. Good taste and potency, even without any kind of cure. I'm happy with the results!

Gelado`

Veteran
Yes, will take pics of the buds from the three plants. I have them separated by plant!

Gelado`

Veteran
It's a really good head high--good, clean smoke. Not as potent as I expected but still nice. Has me wondering if this is their new CBD White Widow! LOL

Gelado`

Veteran
I've found this strain to be a serious help for my social anxiety when smoked three times a day (about 0.5g-1g a day). I've taken two days off since I'm out of town and the anxiety is creeping back up. Cannabis is definitely preferable to SSRIs for social anxiety IMO. Far fewer side effects!

Gelado`

Veteran
So I still have quite a bit of bud left. The tallest, sativa-looking girl doesn't taste very good and has extremely low potency. The smallest girl had very calming energy and a short-lived, but clean high. The medium-sized girl has good potency and flavor and is the best of the three. Considering I only grow 3-4 plants at a time, I think I might be better off keeping moms and growing from clone vs growing autoflowers that might or might not be good.

Latest posts

Latest posts