What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we discuss bubblegum?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Bubblegum males that reek are fairly common. They stinkier males are the ones to keep an eye out for within the BG line.

JVonChron

I have had bubblegum from a decade ago that was the dead on bubble gum smell+taste. but it was called "juicy fruit"^^. I also just got some bazooka joe cookies from the bay that was the same bubble gum smell and taste. They were both more of a yellow color/hue though. the cookies bubblegum was yellow and also had that purple speckles coloring cookie characteristic. I wonder what terps are responsible for those bubblegum smells and flavors.

LostTribe

Premium user
juicy fruit was its own strain then

Juicy Fruit is a Highland Thai from Sensi Seeds crossed with a Pure Afghani F1 Hybrid. Totally different ran that in 99. Long flowering 70 plus days although way shorter than a pure highland thai pure sativa.

Used to run white label double gum which is where BOG got his parental stock for the gum releases. It was more bubble gummy but sweet.

The real real deal bubble gum from back when I went to music festivals was a hearty sorta cinnamon super pink bubble gum essence to it.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Juicy Fruit is a Highland Thai from Sensi Seeds crossed with a Pure Afghani F1 Hybrid. Totally different ran that in 99. Long flowering 70 plus days although way shorter than a pure highland thai pure sativa.

Used to run white label double gum which is where BOG got his parental stock for the gum releases. It was more bubble gummy but sweet.

The real real deal bubble gum from back when I went to music festivals was a hearty sorta cinnamon super pink bubble gum essence to it.

Indiana bubblegum is all that

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=283753

Copperfield

Nice double triple, make sure u posts some pics on that bubblegum fosho!! I haven't seen that on the east coast n a very long time..... Looking forward to seeing your results!! I loved your pics of the triangle...... U do good wok!!
Respect

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
The Indiana bubblegum is common in Colorado. I got a jar of it here with me now. It wasn't cured properly though and has a nasty taste and grassy smell so I can't comment properly on that. The high is a nice sativa hybrid with an up and happy high. It is potent but gentle and not edgy or paranoid. Good weed, keeper weed.

St. Phatty

Closest I've had to Bubblegum is RP "Silver Kush" x Apollo 11.

Tasted like Lemon Bubblegum.

Silver Kush doesn't have any Kush, it has Bubblegum. Silver Kush itself was very citrus-y.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Indiana Bubblegum - while other animal when you get the temps in a specific range. I have grown SS bgum as well.

Synthetic 08

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Croissant

weird,

how do you think the SSbubblegum compared to the Indiana?

also how many ssbb seeds did you go through?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
not many, but I liked the buzz on ssbg, the one pheno that was most true to the indiana taste wise, was a slow pheno, but taste was extremely close.

I have always enjoyed SS work and I would never dissuade people from running seed, I ran from seed forever, but if it is that readily available and OP is in Colorado I would most definitely scoop the Indiana as part of the project. Not the sole component, but I imagine you would find a keeper sooner crossing back to the original, keeping her for a side by side and other things like that.

FWIU the Indiana has like a 8% CBD, one of the few elites listed to have CBD, and I think this is why some people are more partial to her than others, but I had let her go again by that point.

I crossed her out, after I get some of my own stuff tested for CBD I might run the crosses to look for more CBD, not so sure yet.

The Revolution

Veteran
I have the bubblegum traits locked into a lemon Larry ogk x Indiana bubblegum hybrid. I received the original f1 and my selections led me to a high frequency of bubblegum traits. The flowers have the bubble gum structure, big ol hand grenade, frosty buds. Dead on bazooka Joe bubblegum smell and taste. I have a lot of bubblegum seeds, other hybrids and some of the originals they've been inbred from back in 97-98. The high is so powerful and complex.im not gna lie I slept on this variety for years, once I seen it's potential I started hoarding everything bg

The Revolution

Veteran
I have a friend who has a bubblegum in Co. I grew it..

It isn't indica though…It's more sativa and smells like skunk alongside the gum. Very pleasant, but would be better w/o the skunkiness

Maybe it's the Bubblegum clone knocked up by a Sk#1 male? Idk..

yes the BG dominant plants in the lemon Larry x 97 ibg are sativa dom in structure and the buzz the llogk lends a heavy initial punch �� perhaps some frost but the flowers are all bg. Pink pistils', sweet BG fragrance, bubblegum flavor lingers on the palate long after finished. Def more sativa from what I've observed. Tall stretchy plants but very strong branches which clues me in that it is not far off from an original. I've been trying to find the time to recreate these for years as I nearly lost it and seed stock is very limited

JVonChron

grabbed some more "bazooka joe cookies". Pictures to come. it has all of the bubblegum characteristics but you definitely taste the cookies in it the slightest bit.

Croissant

grabbed some more "bazooka joe cookies". Pictures to come. it has all of the bubblegum characteristics but you definitely taste the cookies in it the slightest bit.

that sounds bomb. I always thought gsc and bubblegum would be the perfect cross

barnyard

Ran some dtox F2 bubblegum a few years back. Strong branches indeed. Like golf balls on a stick described my pheno w/out much branching. A high like a potent mexican sativa. I've heard some breeders say the named such because of the stickness of the extreme resin production on the flowers. YMMV

J man

Not to get off topic guys...

When you say open pollinate, do you mean running one elite male with a bunch of females?

I had bubble gum seeds at one point. They were small and I accidentally squeezed them too hard and broke them. I thought that they needed to be hard.

I smoked bubble gum once but I don't recall the taste or high.

I'm still deciding what to run once I get my grow situated. Neither Serious Seeds or Northern Lights.

How did you fellas decide your first solo grow strain?

Thank!

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
If your looking for bazooka Joe pink bubble gum try the Indiana bubble gum or chromes pink bazooka