What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home of NFL player called Pot Distribution Center

schwilly

Gonna play devil's advocate as usual..

These guys have devoted their life to the game. Football has likely been the primary focus of their day since grade school. Sure most get a free college education, but usually it's a communications degree or something easy, not worth much. A select few players get money thrown at them (cam newton, reggie bush, etc) while playing in college, but nothing for most.

I remember seeing a stat that the average nfl career is like less than two seasons. So these guys finally make it, through much hard work and sacrifice, to their payday. Maybe they have a good career and die rich. Maybe they suffer a career ending injury their first game, if they didn't already catch that injury while playing in high school or ncaa. The spectre of injury is always hanging over them. The fact is these guys have a short career, that they have worked very hard to achieve and likely have sacrificed many of the opportunities that would make them hireable for a "normal" job.

So their few years in the nfl is their one shot to build a nest egg for future investments, family, everything.

When people say these guys don't deserve their contracts, or shouldn't make a little on the side, I think they're wrong. These guys earned it. I mean, it's not like we're talking about baseball here..

Green lung

Veteran
The guy is a back up makin a few hundred grand.

How long do you think he was going to be in the league....maybe a few years........whats the average 2 years?

So he uses his proceeds to flip some pounds.

There are growers who make more than this guy lol.

Anything to hate on other people.............hate hate hate let that hate out.

BigDawg

When people say these guys don't deserve their contracts, or shouldn't make a little on the side, I think they're wrong. These guys earned it. I mean, it's not like we're talking about baseball here..

are you saying baseball players don't earn their way? Hitting a major league pitch, consistently, is one of the hardest things in all of sports.

Green lung

Veteran
Because Im a lifelong NFL fan, thats why.

Im sick of hearing about all the off the field bullshit these players create. I want to see how my team is doing in the sport section, not the crime section. When every Sunday comes down to The Thugs vs The Gangstas and which players can do a better end zone dance and act like the biggest ass, it gets old. Catch my drift?

What does end zone celebrations have to do with this?

Let that hate out. Hate Hate hate.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
What does end zone celebrations have to do with this?

Let that hate out. Hate Hate hate.

You know there's people that cant congratulate people who can do things that they can barley dream off.

That dude got a pretty girl........Its cause he got a good job. You know shit like that. hate hate hate hate.

But then the old "thug" and "gangster" saying comes next. On a weed forum to boot.

ICmag a thug and gangster's paradise.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is one of those stories that you hate to read about. What in the hell was he thinking I just don't get it what a idiot. If I had that kind of talent I would not be wasting it on drug deals. If he wanted some bud he could have built a very stealthy room to grow him some great bud.

schwilly

are you saying baseball players don't earn their way? Hitting a major league pitch, consistently, is one of the hardest things in all of sports.

I know, just a joke.

All pro athletes get paid what their talent demands, ergo they deserve it.

F.Dupp you want role models? Go to church bitch.

HatersGonnaHate.jpg

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Calif. agents track pot parcel to Bengal's home

Calif. agents track pot parcel to Bengal's home

http://news.yahoo.com/calif-agents-...NlbGVicml0eQRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2UEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3

CINCINNATI (AP) — For authorities tracking a marijuana shipment from California, the trail ended unexpectedly at the home of a Cincinnati Bengals player in suburban northern Kentucky where police say they found more drugs.
No arrests have been made. Police were still investigating the case Thursday that has entangled Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson, a North Carolina native in his fourth NFL season. A package containing 2½ pounds of marijuana was tracked to Simpson's home.
The case is being investigated by police at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, along with local authorities.
A Bengals spokesman said the club was aware of the reports but had no comment. Calls to Simpson's agent went unreturned. Simpson was excused from practice on Thursday to deal with the matter. It was unclear whether he would be available for a game Sunday against San Francisco at Paul Brown Stadium.
Simpson was at his home along with girlfriend and teammate Anthony Collins on Tuesday when the woman accepted the package, said Michelle Gregory, a spokeswoman with the California Department of Justice.
Collins' agent didn't return a call seeking comment. Collins practiced on Thursday but didn't make himself available to reporters for comment. Coach Marvin Lewis said Collins wasn't a focus of the investigation, though he declined further comment.
The package originated in Eureka, Calif., part of the so-called Emerald Triangle, the state's vaunted pot-growing region, and was discovered by a drug-sniffing dog in Sacramento, Gregory said. The address label bore the name of Jason Snider, but Gregory said it's not unusual for people to use false names when sending illegal drugs through the mail.
A search of Simpson's home also turned up 6 more pounds of marijuana, smoking pipes and scales, authorities said.
"We don't believe it (the package) was for personal use," Gregory said. "We believe there's some sort of distribution or sales out of his home."
The Bengals had 10 players arrested during a 10-month span from April 2006 to June 2007. Receiver Chris Henry was the biggest repeat offender, one of the factors in NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell cracking down on player misconduct.
The Bengals created a stir when they decided to bring Henry back after his fifth arrest. He later died in a fall from his fiancee's truck.
Two players got arrested last summer, putting the Bengals back in the spotlight.
Last July, cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested in downtown Cincinnati and charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He pleaded not guilty and is scheduled for trial in November. Jones is currently on an injury list as he recovers from offseason neck surgery.
Running back Cedric Benson spent five days in a Texas jail before the start of the season, completing his sentence for two misdemeanor assault cases.
Law enforcement agents are trying to determine who sent the package to Simpson's home. There was no return label.
Gregory said if Kentucky authorities do not charge Simpson or others, California may consider that possibility.

dayummmm...... you cali peeps need to take note of this! they are on to your ways.......................................what do you do now? drive and ship it from a rural post office?

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is one of those stories that you hate to read about. What in the hell was he thinking I just don't get it what a idiot. If I had that kind of talent I would not be wasting it on drug deals. If he wanted some bud he could have built a very stealthy room to grow him some great bud.

these nfl playing thousandaires/millionaires have possies that are around them at all times............ cronies..... peeps looking for handouts..... you dudes with money know what i mean......

ill put a hunnit on it that this deal was set up by one of his live-in entrepreniggas

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CINCINNATI (AP) — For authorities tracking a marijuana shipment from California, the trail ended unexpectedly at the home of a Cincinnati Bengals player in suburban northern Kentucky where police say they found more drugs.

No arrests have been made. Police were still investigating the case Thursday that has entangled Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson, a North Carolina native in his fourth NFL season. A package containing 2½ pounds of marijuana was tracked to Simpson's home.

The case is being investigated by police at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, along with local authorities.

A Bengals spokesman said the club was aware of the reports but had no comment. Calls to Simpson's agent went unreturned. Simpson was excused from practice on Thursday to deal with the matter. It was unclear whether he would be available for a game Sunday against San Francisco at Paul Brown Stadium.

Simpson was at his home along with girlfriend and teammate Anthony Collins on Tuesday when the woman accepted the package, said Michelle Gregory, a spokeswoman with the California Department of Justice.

Collins' agent didn't return a call seeking comment. Collins practiced on Thursday but didn't make himself available to reporters for comment. Coach Marvin Lewis said Collins wasn't a focus of the investigation, though he declined further comment.

The package originated in Eureka, Calif., part of the so-called Emerald Triangle, the state's vaunted pot-growing region, and was discovered by a drug-sniffing dog in Sacramento, Gregory said. The address label bore the name of Jason Snider (LOL), but Gregory said it's not unusual for people to use false names when sending illegal drugs through the mail.

A search of Simpson's home also turned up 6 more pounds of marijuana, smoking pipes and scales, authorities said.

"We don't believe it (the package) was for personal use," Gregory said. "We believe there's some sort of distribution or sales out of his home."

The Bengals had 10 players arrested during a 10-month span from April 2006 to June 2007. Receiver Chris Henry was the biggest repeat offender, one of the factors in NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell cracking down on player misconduct.

The Bengals created a stir when they decided to bring Henry back after his fifth arrest. He later died in a fall from his fiancee's truck.

Two players got arrested last summer, putting the Bengals back in the spotlight.

Last July, cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested in downtown Cincinnati and charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He pleaded not guilty and is scheduled for trial in November. Jones is currently on an injury list as he recovers from offseason neck surgery.

Running back Cedric Benson spent five days in a Texas jail before the start of the season, completing his sentence for two misdemeanor assault cases.

Law enforcement agents are trying to determine who sent the package to Simpson's home. There was no return label.

Gregory said if Kentucky authorities do not charge Simpson or others, California may consider that possibility.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
No return address mailed out of Eureka haahahahahahaha red flags

Too bad it doesn't blowback on the sender because that fucking amateur is just going to get more folks busted.

Anyhoo it could've been his supply for the year... He's a consumer with capital..

Shit maybe he's super cheap and was buying the dregs of last year's harvest.

BigDawg

thats sounds about right wayne, i bet it was one of his people there. This should be interesting to see who takes the fall for it.

and yeah packages just coming from that area is a red flag really...

i want to know if it was ups or fedex

F. Dupp

Veteran
Haterz gonna hate??? Shiiiiiiit. What up playa?

Dat be Tony Masters in da middle.
Icy_Hot_Stuntaz.jpg

Tony: Yo moms, can I get a raise in my allowance?
Tonys mom: What for sweetie?
Tony: So I can get some muthafuckin rims on tha Subaru.
Tonys mom: I told you to stop swearing, now go to your room.

Dont be tryina dis me dawg.

Because Im a lifelong NFL fan, thats why.

Im sick of hearing about all the off the field bullshit these players create. I want to see how my team is doing in the sport section, not the crime section. When every Sunday comes down to The Thugs vs The Gangstas and which players can do a better end zone dance and act like the biggest ass, it gets old. Catch my drift?

crybaby.jpg

I

In~Plain~Site

People just trying get their swurve on.

2+mm is damn-near 'fuck you' money if you play your cards right

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bottom line?
The guy's a dumbass, but, no one, rich or poor, black or white, should ever be put in a cage for smoking/selling a plant.
He never should have consented to a search though.
Never, ever, give police permission to search.
So criticize him for being stupid, but not for using the same plant we all do. Remember, it's the authorities here who are the bad guys. We are the victims.

QFT.

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts