What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harmless hobby?

mrcreosote

Veteran
Mom & Dad chuck out teen growers plants...

They end up planted instead.

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/09/teen_kills_his_parents_after_they_threw_away_marij.php

I fully expect this will come up in the legalization/medical argument somewhere.
Weed growers are only a hair-trigger away from becoming psycho axe murderers, so the story will go.

"How many RC airplane enthusiasts commit murder?"

I had no idea you other growers were such a volatile and dangerous lot.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
This broke my heart. He killed his mom and dad because they threw out plants he was growing on THEIR property!

He won't make it in jail. hoping he slips and falls on a shank..

C

CANNATOPIA

That kid has serious issues besides getting a buzz from smoking cannabis. Very sad indeed.

Dudesome

Veteran
Had to be one hell of a strain he was on.... the Devil Grass... hey we need to find out what he was on. Maybe it wasn't just weed :p

whats with the large amounts of cash in their wallets??
i do fine for myself, financially. But i certainly dont keep thousands of dollars in my wallet.

what a little sh*t. he certainly wont be growing again.

Dudesome

Veteran
I know that most weed makes me too lazy for violence, that's fo sho! :moon:

Unless he had to taste some kind of violent african sativa with an insane amount of THC and THCV in it.... The one that would tern your unconsious enemies into illusions of monsters and undead and such....
I bet there still exist strains like that one! :D

MMJcali

damm kids these day worlds going to shit

remember lizzy borden? the worlds always been shit. Nothings really changing except our environment. Actually, back in the day, boys were expected to be more aggressive because it meant they were more manly.

Anywho. I hope this asshole gets his kharmic payback. I sure as hell wouldn't be giving HIM a last meal...

I sure as hell wouldn't he giving HIM a last meal...

apparently, they are not doing the last meals anymore. possibly could be in the process of banning them.

he's probably smoking the blue shit walter white and jesse pinkman are cooking up.

MJBadger

Veteran
He made multiple threats to kill his parents , it was just a crying shame he was`nt sorted out before snapping .
MJ has no bearing on his murderous spree but that won`t stop the F***wits out there blaming the weed , it`s called ignorance .

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
If it hadn't been the pot, it would have been over a loaf of bread or ice cream cone etc. The kid obviously was in need of some mental health. To bad his parents didn't or wouldn't see the warning signs, like when he threatened to kill them previously. Sad situation for all involved.

this story is truly amazing. only because of how obscure it is. whereas alcohol can be found at almost all murder scenes.
from my experience growers are (on average) hyper rational, sophisticated and compassionate. this story reflects nothing more than the tale of a wayward boy not the consequences of horticultural interests.

Odie-O

Seem's they are looking to blame weed for something.They will take anything they can get.He woulda did it anyway for some other reason.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Damn that's a shame really.
It's a good thing that kid smokes weed though, imagine what a cold blooded fuck he'd be if he didn't smoke.

Too bad it's still illegal in most states, it sure would make it easier for people like him to get help.

sso

Veteran
yah, the weed probably mellowed him out from making lampshades out of his parents.

i knew a guy, murdered his stepdad, apparantly no reason, probably would have stated in the paper it was a drugcraze (he did drugs, liked mj the best (helped him most))

but, the dude was fucked up.

bad childhood and worse teenage years, guy was a disturbed and violent maniac long before he killed.

intense selfhatred and hatred of others.

if the other guy was the same, then.
lol, add to this.

a world that hunts him for his medicine, parents that did not support him (chucked out his medicine (they probably killed themselves (dude waiting on his medicine, broke,the medicine is almost here, voops parents kill plants, why? cause they stupid and dont listen to the kid)

well, this might just be a story,and me totally wrong, but it doesnt look like his parents were any good either.

(his nr1 influence since birth)

sso

Veteran
the kid looks like a sociopathic shit though

(dont think his parents were all that good either)

sLai*kRoLa

from the comentaries:
Caleb 1 week ago
With all due respect, I feel that your publication would have alot more credibility if your writers attempted to maintain some modicum of objectivity. I mean, obviously, everyone associated with Toke of the Town is pro-cannabis, so I guess my suggestion is a little silly, but I'm not saying that the writers need to be as objective as a national news reporter (and, yes, I am aware that "objective reporting" is fast becoming an oxymoron), but maybe, just maybe, you all would get your point(s) across a little better is you refrained from phrases like "fucked up shit-bag of a human being," and things along those lines.

I'm pro-cannabis, pro-legalization, and manage a dispensary in San Francisco, California, and I use Toke as a news source, and post alot of your stories at my dispensaries various social media sites. I like your site. I just cringe, sometimes, when I read a story that sounds like it was written by an angry high-schooler, and it makes me hesitate to promote your site. I'm sure that, for instance, someone like the gentleman/woman who wrote the article about the kid who beat his kids to death was going for a Matt Taibi-esque spin on the story, but Taibi has skills, data and references, and rarely, if ever, obscures the point with editorializing. Which is wild, because that's all he does, is editorialize, but he does so in a classy, well-thought-out, and evenly presented way. The result is, when I read something like that, I don't question the veracity, even if he swears or is otherwise vulgar. With Toke, however, I find myself who's running the show, who the hell writes some of these articles, and if I'm alone in wanting the world to have a good opinion of pot culture as a result of the minds and mouths that represent the culture putting their best feet forward. Maybe dial it down a notch?
Caleb 1 week ago
So, I was looking around online, and all I was able to find on-line was that a few weeks prior to the murders, the kid's parents had found some pot plants that he was growing, threw them away, and so the kid threatened to kill them, and subsequently told some friends that he was going to kill them.

Nowhere, not even on the shit-ball news sites that I've never heard of, did any of the writer/reporters make reference to the pot-plant incident being the cause. Not once. And the pot-plant incident was not even mentioned on any real new sites such as NBC or the Chicago Times.

No one even attempted to make the connection. They were simply stating facts. They could just have well been saying "the kids parents caught him speeding and took away his car, so he threatened to kill them" or "the kid flunked math, so his folks took away his PS3, so he threatened to kill him". Not anywhere did I find even an inkling of correlatory subtext.

In fact, the only place I did find said correlation was Toke of the Town. Did the guy who wrote this article just do a google search, read the first three links that came up, and fly into a passionate rage? Was there any research at all done? I kind of like Toke of the Town, but time and time again I come across inaccuracy and just plain irresponsibility. Such as taking the tragic story of a sick kid who killed his parents and using it to soap-box about how it's bad to blame pot for a sick kid's actions, when that was NEVER DONE. If it had been, I would agree, that's total b.s., but guess what, never happened.

Maybe, Mr. Elliot, you should lay off the bong rips till AFTER you've written your articles. No one anywhere said that Granat killed his parents BECAUSE they took away his pot plants. Once again, for the cheap seats, NO ONE SAID THAT. All anyone said was that he threatened to do so after they took away his plants. Which is a statement of fact, which is what reporting the news should be about, Mr. Elliot. You're the only, Mr. Elliot, to have taken that connection and run with it, as though someone did actually blame weed. But no one did. Maybe you should switch to Indica, cut down on the paranoia.

Please, Toke, stop running these lame articles, fire these lamentably sub-par writers, and grow into a pro-cannabis news site of note. Schlock like this is a step in the wrong direction.
Voice of reason.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only a few of you were able to see the true feeling of America in the comment section of this link:

Marijuana is a drug that has terrible effects on the user and it destroys the lives of children. It destroys families. Just like alcohol. It impairs you, in every way. It is evil. I don't care what you say, it's evil. If you smoke it you are ignorant.

I assure you the person whom posted this reply is the same type of person who is an elected official at you local government.

I mean seriously this kid had issues, if he had 4000 in his possession but yet the father had 1800 in his wallet the boy didn't take I think it's safe to say he was a dealer and had just lost his cash crop.

But yet since pot was involved it is easier to say that is why he did it then to say the parents sucked at being parents.

The Columbine kids are a prime example of this very situation. For 6 MONTHS those kids made pipe bombs in the garage and if either of the kids parents would have simply taken the time to ask "hey Stevie whats this black powder,pcv pipe and these fuses for" maybe just maybe it could have been stopped.

My Penny
Mr.Wags