What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bystanders grab pot spilled from Calif. truck

Endur

Veteran
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose, Calif., police are looking for pedestrians and motorists who grabbed bags of marijuana that spilled onto the road from a truck that crashed.

Police say the bystanders swooped in and grabbed most of the pot after the driver of the truck ran away from the accident early Wednesday morning.

When officers arrived, they found a few remaining bags of marijuana and a loaded handgun inside the truck.

Police tell the San Jose Mercury News (http://bit.ly/nQTRAR) they are also looking for the truck's driver, who was carrying the marijuana illegally. Neither the driver nor the people who took the marijuana have been identified.

No other vehicles were involved in the crash.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2011/09/01/2025543/bystanders-grab-pot-spilled-from.html

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
How do they know that the UNIDENTIFIED man was carrying the cannabis "illegally"?

I know for a fact many people in CA have medical cards and can carry cannabis LEGALLY.

:joint:

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
well theres another reason to legalize, people are gonna do it anyway. . . im just waiting for the announcement where they tell people that they should be "responsible adults" or the other bullshit line they have "we will find you and we will catch you"

the drivers loss, the peoples gain . . . the police, well they shoulda grab some bags too! they cant blame anyone else for being where you should have been! probably at the base stewing cause that was some potent shit and half the force wants to go play "bad lieutenant this weekend!! roflmao

now that statement comes back to haunt them "theres never a cop aroudn when you need one" douh! lmao

G

guest8905

depends i guess, if its some seeded mexi bales , ill pass. but a few elbows of high rgade and the dude just runs away...oh yeah im coming in for one or two haha

well when i grabbed it i waited three day to but it open and start puffin incase anyone wanted to claim there shit back. thought that was good enough. :thank you: :jump:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
ummm, loaded handgun? fled the scene?

I know for a fact that possessing hand guns is legal in CA.

Reckless driving is a crime does that mean that the weed was legal, but because he crashed and / or had a gun then the cannabis was ILLEGAL?

Is it possible that the driver had a med card but fled the scene for other reasons (outstanding warrant, possibly drunk, fear of gun charge, etc.)? If those things are a possibility then how do the PIGS know for a LEGAL certainty that the UNIDENTIFIED person was transporting cannabis illegally?

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I would have grabbed one. The other option is to let the cops have it or some other random person. The guy ran, he was not coming back for the weed and I'm sure he'd prefer someone else get ahold of it, rather than the cops. I would if it was me at least.

Sucks he lost his weed though....I'd be a little pissed.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
The bystanders helped him out (if it is indeed illegal). Once the cops catch him, and they will, there will be less weight to fight out on court. The prosecution would be retarded to try to say there was more weed than they have collected as evidence. The mere talk of weed taken by bystanders would be irrelevant.

I kinda feel that the crash was caused for as reason,maybe a misunderstanding but was rooted in greed and foolishness.pride gets the best of us:tiphat:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I kinda feel that the crash was caused for as reason,maybe a misunderstanding but was rooted in greed and foolishness.pride gets the best of us:tiphat:

Drunk and reckless driving don't cause accidents, greed causes accidents?

If that were really true Wall St. would be a burning heap.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
depends i guess, if its some seeded mexi bales , ill pass. but a few elbows of high rgade and the dude just runs away...oh yeah im coming in for one or two haha

I'll take the seeded mexican bales that you don't want and convert them into hashish :D

E

edisonzmedicine

This story has empirical signs that the grass was common blood stained cartel shit. I remember when weed was 50% of Mexico's GDP, and now it's 75%. Wachovia gets a small fine for laundering over $380 billion in cartel funds. The DEA director of the El Paso, TX office was told by Washington to stop seizing money going over the border; the money that once covered the fiscal budget, let it go. I wonder how much money is actually laundered on a national level? Wachovia was just one incident, and only came to light because of an inside snitch. The Banksters also own the contracts for privatized prisons. These bastards are profiting from illegal drugs, and from locking up dealers that get pinched.

Ever consider why cartels are growing in the CA forests? Because its more profitable; they pay no fees to the Mexican government if its not grown there. Imagine that, Mexican tax evasion.

Can you imagine how much cartel money is being used to lobby mmj legislation? The entire country of Mexico has a stake in the US marijuana trade. A large portion of Colorado's black market was seized by local growers and their overflow from medical grows. Medical grade oz's for $200-$250. HB 1284 passed, and now the Dept of revenue controls the industry causing dispensaries to give up their protection under state constitution to remain open. Care givers are now required to disclose their grow location and allow agents to inspect. This has caused many to by pass the legal system and care for their patients outside of the law. I've observed that patients in many California cities and counties are, or have faced similar circumstances.

The adversary uses incrementalism to steal liberties a little at a time. T. Jefferson said banks are more dangerous to our liberty than standing armies. We live in a nation filled with corruption; collusion between governments, banksters and gangsters. Long live the Constitution!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Do you have a source for your 75% of Mexican GDP is cannabis related?

I call BULLSHIT on the Mexico part! But I am right there with you about how fucked this country is and how shitty the government is that is stealing our liberties in a never ending treason against the US Constitution.

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
Police say the bystanders swooped in and grabbed most of the pot after the driver of the truck ran away from the accident early Wednesday morning.

When officers arrived, they found a few remaining bags of marijuana
Yeah, I felt bad about having to leave those, but I'm only one man, and there is a limit to what I can carry, I already had two bales under each arm, and was kicking another one along in front of me as I ran, it was all I could do.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
If they left some..... there must have been alot there. More then they could carry. We have guns in Cali, We just dont carry them loaded without a permit. Guns and ammo have to be locked separate and out of reach during transport in Ca.

Hey Hydro: Its always good to see You Brother. I trust things are well with You.

DP

Latest posts

Latest posts