What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24 year old pot dealer shot in head, pushed out of car. ANTIOCH CA

I'm in no position to preach, but I hope this is a lesson learned for those of my friends who fuck around on craigslist and you-know-what trader and all that.

I made the choice to cut my income by like 30 percent in order to avoid dealing with more than one person. I think it was the right move. I've got enough to worry about in law enforcement, electric company snitches, grow fires, etc. I don't need to be doing background on every two-bit weirdo who wants an ounce. It's just no way to live IMO.

I agree, I was set up by a person I considered a friend. It really taught me a lesson. Now I only deal with 2 people.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Get over yourself buddy and your bull shit that weed in not a drug. The guy was going to get robbed and in this situation WEED was the motivating factor.

As for the 13 year old. Well lesson learned, maybe next time the parent should do his/her job better so the kids knows when to walk away.

Well there you go clown.

In the state of CA cannabis is a NON CRIMINAL ticket. Pay a fine no big deal. Pay 10 fines a day no big deal.

So for you to equate cannabis to evil and the motivating factor for violent crime, just proves my point. You are on the other side of the looking glass, at least you post your draconian ideas publicly.

You failed to state why this non toxic, very common (in CA) flower, is a greater motivating factor REQUIRING regulation than any other legal MOTIVATING factor.

I ask for some clarification, what point are you trying to make? Is it because cannabis is illegal there is a greater likely hood for violent crime? Is you point that cannabis is some how ENHANCING violent action because of the nature of the plant? Is your point that it is OK to murder someone because they have a prohibited substance?

My point is this. You make me very angry when you blame the 24 year old murder victim or blame the 13 year old boy making a mistake at school. You do this in the guise of promoting some obedience to immoral laws. You take a stance that cannabis is improper for this or that location and you excuse the abuses against those who use cannabis. I hope you will reflect on which side you champion.

:joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Why all the anger and hostility? Sheesh. No way to live.

We are supposed to be angry when someone is shot in the head and kicked out of the car; especially angry when the death is so meaningless. Angry is no way to live, but ignoring or excusing violence is even worse.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Game will not kill you...

Not knowing Game certainly will...

R.I.P., really feel for his family... he is OK now... finally and sadly.

Ojo

Last edited:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shit people will shoot you for $5 bucks now. even if you don't have it. and sometimes if you do.
dont blame the pot
blame the people.... they're the fucking idiots.
they're the ones that have place no value on living.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He should have had the heater on, God rest his soul.

S

Smoke Buddy

Yeah, they will shoot you for four bucks and change, aint that heaven sent...
Most of my herb ends up in Antioch/Richmond/Pittsburg... not all that nice of places. I take it down there because the Sac market is toast... I would never ever ever do a parking lot deal from craigslist there any more than I would do it in Compton or Cudahay. At some point we are all responsible for ourselves and if you aint hard and smart, you might get rolled and or killed.

:rasta:

Y

Young Blaze

America - the only place where small amounts of weed will kill you.

True indeed, another sad story in the long history of illegal marijuana sales gone wrong.

Marijuana's value on the streets is so high that people are actually willing to rob people for the smallest amounts of weed, from grams, to fractions of ounces, to whole ounces, to whatever the measurement may be. It could be great quality indoor buds or regular cheap weed.

The true source of this is human greed and a lack of morals. Given the monetary value of marijuana currently in our country, and the abundance of those selling it illegally, it is often the target of thieves with weapons, mostly firearms, who are willing to pull out guns, point them at you, and say "give me what you've got".

What's the victim going to do? Fight back and risk getting shot? Call the police and tell them that they were robbed for their marijuana? Most victims simply take the loss and are truly victims of street dealings, which I suppose comes with the territory in any of these street level sales.

Let's not forget about retaliations, which also happen commonly in situations like this. It leads to more shootings, revenge plots, more violence.

How does one end up in such a bad position with something as innocent as cannabis flowers? I'm sure many people are fortunate enough to have good friends (supposedly), where they wouldn't need to worry about people who would rob them, or plot to rob them (theoretically).

But that is where the problem lies. I'm sure Arnold thought that whoever contacted him to buy some marijuana were safe enough with him thinking that they would not rob him. In his case, it took a very grim turn, as the article says that he was shot in the head in this botched robbery.

Case in point from a local story in my town, where two teens met with an older man in a Walmart parking lot to sell marijuana (both parties armed with guns). The older man steals their marijuana, and a struggle occurs, and as the older man is fleeing the scene with their marijuana, one of the teens shoots the man in the back and he dies. Another story of a botched robbery ending in tragedy.

Again in my town, a teenager was murdered in a botched robbery over one whole ounce of regular marijuana. Another story, man was murdered in botched robbery during a marijuana sale over a half ounce of high quality marijuana.

Unfortunately, the illegal nature of marijuana sales leads directly to overlapping with the lowest criminals who have no issue with using guns to put fear into people and take from others.

The illegal nature of marijuana also makes it a hot commodity and rarity for certain people, which would lead criminals to stealing it to sell it themselves or to consume themselves, and it makes marijuana a even greater target for thieves because of its value.

I've never been outside of the U.S. so I can't comment on if similar things happen overseas, but I'm sure it happens in other places.

The bottom line is that selling marijuana illegally is very dangerous, and you should be careful of those you associate with, because in all honesty, the nature of illegal marijuana sales can quickly lead to robbery plots.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Look at that clown post.

Please all of you look.

Sits back and posts ZERO and first post is a WOD perfectly punctuated and capitalized master piece.

Great post one, but I ask myself which part of 1984 am I in?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
True indeed, another sad story in the long history of illegal marijuana sales gone wrong.

Marijuana's value on the streets is so high that people are actually willing to rob people for the smallest amounts of weed, from grams, to fractions of ounces, to whole ounces, to whatever the measurement may be. It could be great quality indoor buds or regular cheap weed.

The true source of this is human greed and a lack of morals. Given the monetary value of marijuana currently in our country, and the abundance of those selling it illegally, it is often the target of thieves with weapons, mostly firearms, who are willing to pull out guns, point them at you, and say "give me what you've got".

What's the victim going to do? Fight back and risk getting shot? Call the police and tell them that they were robbed for their marijuana? Most victims simply take the loss and are truly victims of street dealings, which I suppose comes with the territory in any of these street level sales.

Let's not forget about retaliations, which also happen commonly in situations like this. It leads to more shootings, revenge plots, more violence.

How does one end up in such a bad position with something as innocent as cannabis flowers? I'm sure many people are fortunate enough to have good friends (supposedly), where they wouldn't need to worry about people who would rob them, or plot to rob them (theoretically).

But that is where the problem lies. I'm sure Arnold thought that whoever contacted him to buy some marijuana were safe enough with him thinking that they would not rob him. In his case, it took a very grim turn, as the article says that he was shot in the head in this botched robbery.

Case in point from a local story in my town, where two teens met with an older man in a Walmart parking lot to sell marijuana (both parties armed with guns). The older man steals their marijuana, and a struggle occurs, and as the older man is fleeing the scene with their marijuana, one of the teens shoots the man in the back and he dies. Another story of a botched robbery ending in tragedy.

Again in my town, a teenager was murdered in a botched robbery over one whole ounce of regular marijuana. Another story, man was murdered in botched robbery during a marijuana sale over a half ounce of high quality marijuana.

Unfortunately, the illegal nature of marijuana sales leads directly to overlapping with the lowest criminals who have no issue with using guns to put fear into people and take from others.

The illegal nature of marijuana also makes it a hot commodity and rarity for certain people, which would lead criminals to stealing it to sell it themselves or to consume themselves, and it makes marijuana a even greater target for thieves because of its value.

I've never been outside of the U.S. so I can't comment on if similar things happen overseas, but I'm sure it happens in other places.

The bottom line is that selling marijuana illegally is very dangerous, and you should be careful of those you associate with, because in all honesty, the nature of illegal marijuana sales can quickly lead to robbery plots.

I meant look at this one. post one of X. How about illegal co-intelpro can lead to ass clowns being outed.

Iraganji

This is so sad.
How long must the public turn a blind eye to the cause and effect of this all?
How long must those in charge of protecting us turn a blind eye?

ijim

This particular killing is only connected to one part of many facing society today. If Cannabis and free and open cultivation were legal. The value of Cannabis would be less than its weight in used socks. It is the war on drugs that sustains this bad boy culture that kills people over all walks of life. If you want to blame somebody you have to include the growers and dealers that voted against legalization so they can make a profit.

Y

Young Blaze

Look at that clown post.

Please all of you look.

Sits back and posts ZERO and first post is a WOD perfectly punctuated and capitalized master piece.

Great post one, but I ask myself which part of 1984 am I in?

I meant look at this one. post one of X. How about illegal co-intelpro can lead to ass clowns being outed.

I could have replied to this with insults and name calling like you, but I'm an adult, at my age you learn to get beyond things like that.

Your paranoia is unwarranted, I have nothing to do with the "WOD" (War on Drugs?), the year 1984, "illegal co-intelpro", or anything like that.

The fact is that marijuana related robberies happen a lot, and that is what I have a problem with. Hearing stories like this is just plain sad to me, nobody should be murdered for things like this, and I've seen it far too many times to not register for these forums and post about how despicable and disturbing it is once or twice.

The illegality of marijuana is what leads to crimes like these, and overall it's terrible for all of us.

Now if you'd like to continue on with your argumentative agenda and paranoia, be my guest, but I'll have none of it.

drymouth

This is a tragic thing it’s Kats like that that drives me to stay strapped up all the dam time! A friend of mines got robbed right after leaving the club after a big drop, they drug him from a moving car because he didn’t want to let go of his stash! Stupid move, but I can kinda feel were he’s coming from. So people please watch out even when going to the dispensary! This is why bay area Kats can never come up! We’re to busy robbing and shooting each other! Some people come down here and try to off their product not knowing about anything out here! I meet a kid in the dispensary who had like 8 or so pounds on him, I started asking him Q’s and he was so quick to let me know he had it! I told him, “kid, don’t tell know one ells you got that much!!” he had that shit all in his duffel bag! I just hope you guys use your common sense and stay safe out there!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Lone Wolf

Veteran
hydro im with you, bud bug does no good for this place... he just spouts off smart ass comments... for what reason i dont know? perhaps it gets his dick hard?

Sour Deez

Wow, such a damn shame.. I wonder if they stuck the gun to his head and said hand it over or just pulled the trigger??

Makes me feel friggin lucky considering all the dumb deals i have done in my day..wow..

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
"Look at that clown post.

Please all of you look.

Great post one, but I ask myself which part of 1984 am I in?"

Nahh... just a good batch of... LOL

You mean:

Tweaker perfect !?!?!

Ojo

AGBeer

People have gotten jacked for selling shit that is everyday common crap (as long as it has SOME sort of monetary value) every day. Cannabis just happened to be the monetary value du jour.

Just ask your buddy Craig. His list is very diverse.

Latest posts

Latest posts