What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stuck Again.... Sigh. How do you unstick glass on glass?

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Nice tips everyone.I have glass on glass bong deal, and its constantly getting stuck. Usually a firm grip and twist gets it, but a few times ive almost pulled the whole stem out too.I believe my problem is more resin related

well, goood news, bad news.

thanks for the help. that durn thing finally came apart.

I do not see how it happened, but the joints are dry! dry! dry!

I guess they stuck but how? don't make no sense.

oh the bad news is that when the downstem suddenly flew out of the bong, it chipped the female joint at the top....

damn damn ... oh well, it is only a chip, but this is a great bong, I love it so.

thank you all so much, except for you Crispy Waffle, lol. :biglaugh: hahaha j/k j/k

Thank you ...that was very kynd of you

L

LolaGal

I am a regular Mother Teresa type... ;)

Hey the silicone sounds like a great idea! I tried the beeswax, not a winner.... :(

For next time, if oil does not work, try tapping the joints ever so gently (really carefully) on the edge of a counter top or similar. Then try pulling them apart. This is what we do in the lab when flasks and whatnot get stuck together.

Happy_Gilmore2.gif

just give it a little tap a tappy tap tapparoo!:dance013:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
What brand glass is this. Sounds like your joints werent ground to the right specs. Ive been using ground joints for such along time an never lube the joints and Ive never had problems with sticking. It really irks me that this happens to you all the time. Do you push the joints in, I just let gravity put them in they are normally plenty tight.

budlykush

I use the oil off my pimply ass face and forehead. The skin oil works great. I used to use it to seal scratches in my film stripping job years ago. Even film cleaner solvent had a hard time taking off the stuff.

Try it, it's not gross.........

So let me get this straight, are you not supposed to do the twist? that is bad? explains why I broke that one downstem... I always use a LIGHT twist to lock my set up in place, is that not what you are supposed to do?

What brand glass is this. Sounds like your joints werent ground to the right specs. Ive been using ground joints for such along time an never lube the joints and Ive never had problems with sticking. It really irks me that this happens to you all the time. Do you push the joints in, I just let gravity put them in they are normally plenty tight.

Same here the only time a joint got stuck was if it was warped (or honey oil slurped down into it!!) come to think of it..

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I'm wondering if there is a asian supplier of ground glass joints? The quality is way down.
All the tubes I've ever owned were schott tube's and joints and they are perfect.

I use a stick of non scented chap stick to lube the joints.

Asian tubes are so much different than others. It's usually the asian ones that are warped and usually are not precise, so the sizes vary. That very well may be the case, good point..!

I use the oil off my pimply ass face and forehead. The skin oil works great. I used to use it to seal scratches in my film stripping job years ago. Even film cleaner solvent had a hard time taking off the stuff.

I guess in this case Gross is a matter of opinion.

Personally I'm nauseous now from thinking about that.

If I found out I hit a bong lubed with pimple grease I would freak the fuck out!

L

LolaGal

It is a Gong Bong I believe.

I am quite ladylike and handle all my glass very delicately. I don't shove anything down hard, as I have had problems before. I just gently slide it together, and toke. You have to lift the bowl to carb it, so it is lifted quite often, but the downstem never comes out unless I clean the bong.

I usually clean the bong daily with alcohol and salt. Sometimes I will clean it late at nite and smoke out of it again the second day, so maybe 5 or six sessions of toking in between cleaning.

I smoke 5-6 maybe 10 times a day to replace my expired prescription of Oxycodone. Weed is just as good as Oxy, without negative side effects, for me.

I also collect china and depression glass from the 1920s era.

I am not a bull in a china shop. That is why I am so confused as to why it happens all the time, I really think I am doing it all right.

Thanks for posting, Professor, help me figger it out! Please!

Sorry, that is horribly gross, and I would puke on you if I toked your bong and then you told me that.

The puke would fly across the room in a big fountain effect. I would not tell any of your friends this information...

I'm wondering if there is a asian supplier of ground glass joints? The quality is way down.
All the tubes I've ever owned were schott tube's and joints and they are perfect.

I use a stick of non scented chap stick to lube the joints.

I have to agree that Asain downstem supplier is high on my list of factors. This slight distortion may cause all these problems.

I am buying all my glass from the same online retailer. It would not surprise me if they mixed and matched bongs and downstems as things are returned/and or broken or out of stock, etc.

I break so much glass that I don't like to spend more than a $100 or so on a bong. There's a pic of this newest one in my album with white violets all around it if ya'll wanna see what I am working with, pic won't upload for me today.

I guess in this case Gross is a matter of opinion.

Personally I'm nauseous now from thinking about that.

If I found out I hit a bong lubed with pimple grease I would freak the fuck out!

^What he said! I was multi quoting on another page, had to add my agreement to your post.

Thanks. I am loving the chapstick idea. Also the silicone seems perfect for this application, so I will try whichever I find first!

I have had the most trouble with stuck downstems on account of something falling and striking the downstem, wedging it in there.

This time, it just dried out and mysteriously stuck all on it's own.

I love this big heavy beaker bong! It has a green triple tree perk and ice catcher and it is so sweet to hit. I can fill it up with ice and it is like breathing regular air into my lungs.

Any glass distributors out there want me to test your bongs, send em on in! ;) I will give you a review of all your smoking appliances of all types. I want to try a vape sometime!

budlykush

I'm joking around. You just rub your finger on your skin, like your nose. It's not from pimples at all. just natural oils from our skin. it takes so little and it wouldn't hurt a flea.

The joints were dry as a bone. don't know why? they were well oiled and everything was coming apart just fine earlier in the day.

but it did chip the female joint of the bong a little bit. but it is better than not being able to clean it and refill it.

I am sorry to hear it chipped...or am I ???
I can probably give you another one ...

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
chips.... they call them flea bites and it's the reason guests aren't allowed to touch my glass on glass.

:D

Leave the grommets for those fools :D

Smiley

L

LolaGal

I am sorry to hear it chipped...or am I ???
I can probably give you another one ...

Hmmm.... the Hills Have Eyes!

Yes, please send me another one just like it. I will be glad to get it. Can you tell us who manufactured the last one you sent??

It is the best bong I ever smoked out of in my entire life.

You still have my address then? OK!

I will have to say thanks for the last one you sent me free!

[or could you be a member who already knows I got this bong for free? and maybe you have an alternate ego/handle here on the Mag? LOL.]

I feel a tug on my leg! Leggo!

Hang on a minute, I got to go get my dinner out of the oven. Yum yum Fish sticks and french fries... and garlic bread with cheese.

Latest posts

Latest posts