What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do I grow Cinderella 99 for best results?

Bob Sacamano

Hi,

Cinderella 99 yields are highly dependent on the methods used. Pruning style and number of plants/area make a BIG difference.

This is the "info" you get on nearly all retailer pages, for the Original Mr Soul creation as well as the various knock-offs. But what does that mean? With most hybrid genetics, I had the best results with 10-16 plants per sqm. in pots of 3-4 litres, flowering after 2-3 weeks veg, and not topping them too many times, mostly just one time. The Cinderella I've tried sofar (no original sofar, but being a nearly pure-bred the variation should not be soo huge, right?) don't seem to like that. I absolutely love the taste, aroma and high, even the not-so good knock-offs were pretty great but always a bit skimpy on the scale. Now I wonder if I should give them more veg time, use fewer but larger pots and top more than once? What do y'all think is the best "pruning style and number of plants/area"? Now that I got myself the new/old Original by BG, I want to make things as right as possible.

Thanks a lot,
Bobz

Hey Bobz
I grew Mosca C99 seeds for a few years. They were all very pineapple, though I grew a clone once that was a grapefruit pheno, it was amazing. I'm still searching for it again. Indoors I was getting 10 oz a plant growing it from clones in ten gallons of soil and just letting it bush out into shrubs of triangular colas. I pruned out a lot of the under brush two weeks before putting them into flower. I really love C99. Look forward to seeing how your grow goes and hear what tasty phenos you have.

Bob Sacamano

Hi,

thanks for answering! So you had one plant in 10 gallons? How many plants per m2 then? How tall will they get? 10oz a plat sounds impressive, but 10 oz a m2 not so much.

Best,
Bobz

I will say it was my least yielding plant. CheeseQuake and Pennywise in the same set-up were getting around 30 oz per sq m. I was also running co2. My yields were only about 2/3 without the co2.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi,

This is the "info" you get on nearly all retailer pages, for the Original Mr Soul creation as well as the various knock-offs. But what does that mean? With most hybrid genetics, I had the best results with 10-16 plants per sqm. in pots of 3-4 litres, flowering after 2-3 weeks veg, and not topping them too many times, mostly just one time. The Cinderella I've tried sofar (no original sofar, but being a nearly pure-bred the variation should not be soo huge, right?) don't seem to like that. I absolutely love the taste, aroma and high, even the not-so good knock-offs were pretty great but always a bit skimpy on the scale. Now I wonder if I should give them more veg time, use fewer but larger pots and top more than once? What do y'all think is the best "pruning style and number of plants/area"? Now that I got myself the new/old Original by BG, I want to make things as right as possible.

Thanks a lot,
Bobz

picture.php

LostTribe's C99#4

First off I have grown nearly all vendors versions of C99 including the originals in 2001. #1 you must grow out a pack or 2 to locate a specific mother that you like as they do have a great deal of variation. 2 phenotypes are prevalent and the new grimm release seemed to lean to the grapefruit but I did locate a nice stinky fruit punch skunky girl that I love out of 2 packs from the new release.

Once you locate a keeper mom then you can clone her and go for it. They require plenty of veg and respond well to topping a few times then veg for 3 weeks and toss into 12/12. I recommend vegging a week or more longer than most other strains as she can use the extra time. Bigger lights = bigger buds though.

Check my thread out https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334331

For that run I took it back to the old school. Fox farm oceans forest/peat/perlite mix and PBP with botanicare additives. Loving my C99#4 she is extremely potent, super sticky and greatly funky!

best,
LT

Americangrower

Veteran
You can grow C99 any way you want it produces great. If you want 1 giant cola it does that or it can be grown bush style for tons of smaller buds. It really depends on how many ladies you are growing and how much room you have. I used to grow her either single cola or double but I like to pack the girls in so that worked best for me.

Bob Sacamano

Thank you guys for the input, especially LostTribe. I'm doing my last run with the Mosca C99 using less and larger pots and letting them grow longer, and will try the re-bred originals in summer/autumn.

M

meowmeowmeow

Hey Bobz
I grew Mosca C99 seeds for a few years. They were all very pineapple, though I grew a clone once that was a grapefruit pheno, it was amazing. I'm still searching for it again. Indoors I was getting 10 oz a plant growing it from clones in ten gallons of soil and just letting it bush out into shrubs of triangular colas. I pruned out a lot of the under brush two weeks before putting them into flower. I really love C99. Look forward to seeing how your grow goes and hear what tasty phenos you have.

I spoke to Duke Diamond about a grapefruit pheno of Glass Slipper.
LA Con x C99 from the Clinic Colorado or Reserva Privada Colorado at the time. Ran them in 5 gal with 1k and got approx 5ozs off 1 plant.
Hands down the best smoke I've grown to date. Fucking hermied due to FEM genetics, but still was dank.

I picked up some C99 from him on 4/20 and if I pop them I will share.

Muleskinner

Veteran
C99 is my favorite strain, I had original seeds and also the Gypsy Nirvana F2's seemed good, I have many crosses of them. Sweet tropical fruit flavors, amazing energetic/euphoria high. Excellent potency and usually it has high calyx-to-leaf ratio.

IMO you want to top Cinderella every time. Then aggressively prune lower branches during late veg and early flower. That will drive the plant to make larger colas up top. Cindy is an unruly bitch, if you don't keep her under control by pruning you will get a million popcorn buds that take hours to harvest & trim.

Also C99 stems are notoriously weak and bendy. So it's perfect for training and screens, but for bush style growing you will need support, stakes or a tomato cage or similar. If things go well C99 can be a good yielder in my experience. It does flower quickly, so make sure the plant is vegged big enough. Here's a flower pic of C99 at 6 1/2 weeks, from my seeds that are probably F4 or F5 by now

renne

looking Awesome Muleskinner!!
I have some Fruity Juice x C99 from Beanhoarder going there at week 6, i tried and tried to find some info on it so i just ended up poping a pack and i did end up finding one really good pheno
i could post some pics if anyone wants to see
Cheers Renne

Americangrower

Veteran
I have some Fruity Juice x C99 from Beanhoarder going there at week 6, i tried and tried to find some info on it so i just ended up poping a pack and i did end up finding one really good pheno
Cheers Renne
Here you go...

Fruity Juice x C99 regular

Indoor
Juicy Fruit (later renamed Fruity Juice) is a often overlooked gem from Sensi seeds. Although reported to be an cross between a Thai and Afghani the results were a wide range of phenotypes with finishing times that varied between 9 and 13 weeks. My select mom is a simply outstanding example that really does smell like Juicy Fruit gum. She has an electric high and has a longer finish. The C99 cross shortens that flowering time to 8 to 9 weeks but doesn't dumb down the high.

Indoor flowering 8 to 9 weeks

Muleskinner

Veteran
Cheers Renne

of course, show us the pictures!! :watchplant: :):)

renne

American Grower, what i meant was i have never been able to find a grow report or anything on these, i know the description, it was just before i ordered i searched and searched but found no grows on it so just decided to go for it.
Cheers Renne

renne

Sorry new to this site, how do you up load pics? i know you click on the mountain lookin pic but it asks for a url do you have to upload your pics to a dif site first like photo bucket or??
sorry not the best with computers
Cheers Renne

renne

ok Guys sorry shitty pic only one i had right now lights are off but i will get some pics tonight
the front two to the left are Beanhoarders Fruity Juice x C99 at just before 4 weeks 12/12

Ps now that i got things figured out i will post pics in the beanhoarder thread of the fruty juice x c99 that i found and i will prob just make my own thread cause i have a bunch of stuff going aswell i can show off got 2 Hso bluedream, 2 hso desert diesel, one hso lemon garlic and a freebie dinafem og all just at 5 weeks, also got 2 dinafem dinamed in veg and 2 dinafem cbd og going
Cheers Renne

BudmanGardens

These are from the original release of Cinderella 99,
i still run this cut today. This is the pineapple pheno.
We run it about 56-63 days, these are in hydroton with blue buckets DWC.
Recirculating rez. Advanced Nutrients full line.
CMH lighting with Gavita fill in above. This was our last run with greentrees and we'll be posting a thread soon in coco.

10KTc

48sDFO6

hg2eStf.jpg

GPkt5XO.jpg

okPMRv9.jpg