What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recommended outdoor strains?

taigak

I'm looking to do an outdoor grow this summer with or without a hoophouse and was wondering if anyone can point me towards a decent strains for our climate?

I searched around on the forum and found a couple Canadian ones.

Specifically Manitoba Poison and Guerrilla gold but would like to get some local advice on the idea.

any ideas or suggestions would be awesome :biggrin:

Sleighful

I grow in the other CA w/no Canadian exp. But i have a hoop house and can help w/ idea to add light to the beg. and end of the Canadian days. If u do hoop house u can get lite HO lights at HD to supplement the hoop house residents. Lite weight is ok for even ¾" hoops.

AkFrost

I would go with a mainly indica strain and fast flowering. Indica strains don't mind the cooler weather. If it was me I would use Northern Lights and a hoop house to keep the 12/12 cycle on point. I was thinking of doing it myself, but I'm sure it would get stolen when close to cropping. Due to where I live in Anchorage.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Ace seeds has a new Malawi x Northern lights auto. I'm sure they would appreciate you doing a test run there. A China Yunnan may also work out very well. I'm in North Dakota growing in a greenhouse. I don't have a blackout system and I may end up using the four 600 watt HPS lights from my indoor grow room. Peace

rolandomota

Malawi auto for sure they will grow especially well with those long ass summers days up there. Go to aceseeds website. Seedbay has many affordable 25$ auto flowering strains i would get a pack or two of some mdanzing, gps and any autoflower thats available and use them to cross with auto malawi or auto cbg females. Also indica dominant cold resistant pck and erdpurt i would try growing up in alaska but it may be too late for those this year. im not sure how fast your season ends or how early it starts but anything autoflowering is your best bet

Last edited:

Nico Farmer

Hi

I think u can taste Power Plant, cause it s a sativa strain from south Africa who resits to moild, and grow like an indica.
Flowering time : 8/9 weeks outdoor/indoor.

I grew many time and it s a wonderful strain

Bless