What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:dance013: finally in the home stretch with the trimming...got maybe 20 branches left to trim...gonna be close on my estimate...c'mon baby,daddy needs a new set of wheels!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have a nest of bumble bees under one of my raise beds in the garden. Just found it and I am not even done filling the bed yet with media.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You sure have done a lot of trimming this last week Unc!

New Mexico rain....lmao
yup,been a shitty month for riding between the trim job and dealing with my own trimming plus all the other garden work that's been going on here...and getting the first cooler dealt with,and....

but all done:dance013:

hit my goal right down to the gram and was still able to do my usual 30 gram ounces which when you're talking about a couple of pounds is a couple ounces over....legit!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well damn that’s not what I’m looking for. Maybe I’ll pop some NEM x TK, there should be some stretch in those I would think.

I have run NEM X TK. These will stretch. Triangle breath grows like bubba.

i need to cool my lung room . my grow rooms only run 2 degrees hotter than my lung room . so all i have to do is keep that at 75 degrees & i'm good .
the ventilation in my grow rooms is perfect ! & i was doing great just pulling in outside air with a 6" fan untill the outside temps started getting to 80 plus degrees , now its time for AC to keep the temps down .... & i thought this 14k btu portable would do it ..... NOT !!!!
the freakin room is only 12 x 24 288sqf .... the portable was supposed to be able to cool 500sqf ......

i'm gonna hook up my 24k btu mini ..... i just have to hope the LL doesnt ask to many questions when he sees the outside unit & wants to see the install or something ...... i might just have to hide everything in the lung room in cabinets or something incase he wants to see in there .

You could build a baffle on the split to exhaust it outside.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well I'm getting close on the new room. On plain ro water now hopefully they can take another 10 days or so. CC are doing fine but the middle row of BB3 and Tresdawg are yellowing out pretty tough.
I've turned the lights down to 600 and switched them to an 11/13 schedule. Will probably drop down to 400 this weekend for the final week while they marinade.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Got a few nice things coming down over here too.

C99 dom Oger99 a.k.a. Goombay Punch, coming down in a week

picture.php

NEM, has about three weeks to go still.

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:dance013: aw yeah!

just got back from the bike shop...ordered up the wheels,disc rotors,and tires....1400 bucks in total....gonna be sweet frickin wheels!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Well I'm getting close on the new room. On plain ro water now hopefully they can take another 10 days or so. CC are doing fine but the middle row of BB3 and Tresdawg are yellowing out pretty tough.
I've turned the lights down to 600 and switched them to an 11/13 schedule. Will probably drop down to 400 this weekend for the final week while they marinade.

I've been watching your room since you started building it..

that's one hell of a set-up you have there man!:tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have run NEM X TK. These will stretch. Triangle breath grows like bubba.

You could build a baffle on the split to exhaust it outside.

block walls up to 8ft ...... really don't want to knock a hole in his block wall . bad enough i have a 6" hole in the wall next to the back door .
i though about putting in the garage & having it vent out one of the windows , they're big enough to do that if i can frame it in somehow . but that also means buying another line set because the one i have now is to short . & thats 300$

the last window on the right , where my bike is in the pic . that back wall is the wall between the garage space & my grow rooms .

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
block walls up to 8ft ...... really don't want to knock a hole in his block wall . bad enough i have a 6" hole in the wall next to the back door .
i though about putting in the garage & having it vent out one of the windows , they're big enough to do that if i can frame it in somehow . but that also means buying another line set because the one i have now is to short . & thats 300$

the last window on the right , where my bike is in the pic . that back wall is the wall between the garage space & my grow rooms .

View Image

Use a window to vent closes to the grow room.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use a window to vent closes to the grow room.

that window i mentioned in the pic would be the closest , but like i said , i'd have to buy a new line set between the outside unit & the head at 300$ because the one i have is to short .

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:) if life was fair dan you would meet a rich widow who needed someone to grow herb for her in the state of the art grow room her husband set up and also take care of her husbands custom van collection for which you would get a free house plus a generous salary and got to do whatever you wanted with the excess herb since she only needs an oz a month and its an 8 lamp garden...

but back here in reality...

is that portable the kind with the exhaust line? like a 4 inch duct? maybe you just need to add a 4 inch fan and insulated ducting to really suck the heat the unit makes away...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to get a mini split but I don't have enough extra power to run it. I would need to shut down a few lights.

When I ran my portable AC I mounted it so the front was the only part exposed to the room. The back was sealed off the hose was vented outside. The hose on these units gets super hot. It acts like a heater. That's why there so inefficient. You cant have a AC with parts that heat at the same time. You can wrap the exhaust hose with heat insulation. This is what I wrapped it with. It lowered the heat allot but it still got warm but not hot like it was without it.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Tec-1...id=1527031255&sr=8-3&keywords=heat+insulation

Finding a way to stop the heat from radiating from the hose back into the room is a must